Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Go!Natural or Wellness

Harley's_Mom
January 28th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I need to change Harley's dog food. I've checked out all your info on different foods and I can't decide between Go!Natural and Wellness. Any thoughts?

TeriM
January 28th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Why are you changing and what are you currently feeding?

Harley's_Mom
January 28th, 2008, 07:40 PM
I'm currently feeding him Pedigree. I didn't know how bad it was, even my vet said it was ok. Harley doesn't care for it, guess I should have listened to him.

JanM
January 28th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I have two Goldens on Go Natural Salmon with Oatmeal. One gets it for breakfast and supper and one gets it for breakfast only. I tried the grain-free, by Go Natural, but Amber was allergic to it so I changed to the Salmon with Oatmeal. I don't know the Wellness product but I do like the Go Natural. Both dogs are doing well on it so as long as they tolerate it, I'll feed it to them!

Their coats are good, their skin and nails and eyes are good. In general, they are both pretty healthy on this food.

gypsy_girl
January 28th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Which GO! Natural. I feed both the Chicken and Fruit and the Salmon and Oatmeal, but the if all of the dogs could be on one then I would choose the Chicken and Fruit. It is more expensive than the Pedigree but you should be feeding about 1/2 as much as the calories are double. If you are the kind of person that likes to feed more volume I think the Salmon has a few less calories.
That's my vote....:2cents:

Harley's_Mom
January 29th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks for all the input. Cost definitely isn't an issue. Just want my furbaby to be healthy.

rainbow
January 29th, 2008, 04:16 PM
They are both good choices so feed him the one he like the best. If he likes them both then some people think it's a good thing to rotate brands frequently. :)

mika140
January 29th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Exactly what I was gonna say! Both are great options. I'd find a store that has samples and see what your dog likes best.

Harley's_Mom
January 29th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I never thought about samples, that's a great idea. I'm sure Harley will be happy to aid in the decision process.

Mamakicia
January 30th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Go! Natural is :ca: if that's makes any difference :thumbs up. Alberta or Saskatchewan, I always get it mixed up with where Orijen comes from.

geisha
January 31st, 2008, 01:59 PM
I've emailed Petcurean the maker of Go! and the food is made here in Morinville Alberta. Both Go! and Orijen's customer service is great.
Good luck.:thumbs up

geisha
February 1st, 2008, 02:44 PM
Okay...so I'm wrong. I started reading my Whole Dog Journal that came in the mail yesterday and it wrote the maker of Go! is Elmira Pet Products, Elmira, Ontario. I called customer service this afternoon to confirm. She told me that they have not changed the ingredients. Champion Pet Foods was having trouble keeping up with demands for Orijen, and that's why the change.