Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Cat has gas

Lilivy
June 11th, 2004, 03:34 AM
About two weeks ago my cat got sick and was vomiting so I took her to the vet. The vet put her on medication (metoclopramide) and she has been better since. I went back to feeding her wet and dry food but for the past 2 days she has had gas. I just want to make sure that one problem is not related to the other. Could someone please help?

Karin
June 11th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Lucky you...open some windows.

anniebananie
June 11th, 2004, 09:56 AM
My cat has gas as well - he farted right in my face the other day, while lying on the back of the sofa :( Even he was shocked!! I wouldn't have thought that a gastric upset two weeks ago would still be producing gas - but maybe it could. As the last person said OPEN THE WINDOWS and wear a gas mask :D

Maxie's mom
June 11th, 2004, 01:20 PM
My cats always have gas {or it seems like always}. It's as if they "let one go" everytime we have company drop by. :o One night a friend of mine came by with her baby girl and Maxie{my cat} let one go and we all thought the baby had pooed in her diaper. It was really funny but very embarassing!! I think it's the cat food that I feed them that causes it; I feed them both whiskas chunky in chicken flavor and whiskas dry. The catfood that has the "gravy" in it makes them worse and sometimes even causes diarhea. Just my 2 cents worth.

Lilivy
June 11th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Thank you all for your help. :)

Karin
June 11th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Thank you all for your help. :)

You are very welcome Lilivy.

All jest aside, welcome to the board also.