Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sasha

pbpatti
January 26th, 2008, 09:27 PM
This is my first day at my new home:pawprint:smells ok

check out the grass, is there something in there?

OH OH I have an owey:eek:

pbpatti
January 26th, 2008, 09:33 PM
My mom was taking me outside to pee and we slipped down the stairs:yell:

I was really strong though and I got to meet Dr Daryl:cloud9:, he likes me:lovestruck:

He gave me all kinds of colors even put hearts on them, I was so good I did not even cry and mom still took me for long walks

pbpatti
January 26th, 2008, 09:44 PM
almost as good as new

the end:crazy:

hazelrunpack
January 26th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Poor little Sasha Puppy!!!! :grouphug: Did she actually break her sweet little leg? :eek:

So cute, though--and those casts were so stylish :cloud9:

What a doll! And look at those innocent eyes. :D :dog:

breeze
January 26th, 2008, 10:00 PM
She was soooooo adorible, and even more beautiful now all grown up..

With that good looking cast I bet she never even noticed..
love the color..

jiorji
January 26th, 2008, 10:04 PM
:eek: sasha has green eyes!!:cloud9: So pretty!! It's like a chocolate cake with pistachios haha:lovestruck:

rainbow
January 26th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Awww, baby Sasha was so cute :cloud9: .....no wonder she grew up to be such a beautiful girl. :lovestruck:

pbpatti
January 26th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Poor little Sasha Puppy!!!! :grouphug: Did she actually break her sweet little leg? :eek:

So cute, though--and those casts were so stylish :cloud9:

What a doll! And look at those innocent eyes. :D

hey you could open them hooray

Not soo innocent:evil: she got me back for breaking her leg by breaking my finger, a couple of ribs:evil::angel: oh yeh innocent:laughing:

:eek: sasha has green eyes!!:cloud9: So pretty!! It's like a chocolate cake with pistachios haha:

ok jiorji, you mentioned chocolate cake, marble cake, and now chocolate with pistachios:crazy: I think you need to have some cake and eat it toooo:laughing: she did not keep her pretty green eyes they turned a golden color, also pretty pbp

jiorji
January 26th, 2008, 10:54 PM
ok jiorji, you mentioned chocolate cake, marble cake, and now chocolate with pistachios:crazy: I think you need to have some cake and eat it toooo:laughing:

yummmm :D

i dind't know dogs change eyes too

Frenchy
January 26th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Poor little Sasha ! :sad: such a cute puppy , adorable :angel: :lovestruck:

Tommysmom
January 26th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Poor little thing... and poor you, too! She's adorable, hope you're both all better!

14+kitties
January 26th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Sasha was a very cute puppy and is a gorgeous dog! :cloud9: Very pretty.

shredy
January 27th, 2008, 01:34 AM
hey you could open them hooray

Not soo innocent:evil: she got me back for breaking her leg by breaking my finger, a couple of ribs:evil::angel: oh yeh innocent:laughing:

OUCH!! :eek: I just have to tell you though, so is one cute dog and boy was she ever cute as a puppy!!! I absolutely LOVE chocolate labs, next to goldens they are my favorite! Poor puppy to break her leg so young though, I bet that made training hard since you had no way to get out all of her energy! Chloe got spayed and she is getting crazy after 3 days of no running/playing/swimming! :crazy:

growler~GateKeeper
January 27th, 2008, 02:36 AM
OMG I love the first pic - way too cute :lovestruck:

chico2
January 27th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Was she evr a cute pup,all choclatty looking and a beautiful grown up girl...those eyes:lovestruck:

Kristin7
January 27th, 2008, 08:34 AM
So cute, she has the most expressive eyes!! :cloud9:

Lukka'sma
January 27th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Poor little thing. Thats a tough go to be so young and have such an oweee. Glad she's healed up now:)

jessi76
January 27th, 2008, 10:47 AM
what a sweet pup! glad she's all healed up now (and you too?).

pbpatti
January 27th, 2008, 08:25 PM
:DTraining Sasha with her cast on was really not too difficult, except when I noticed the I, took her down the stairs to go potty. We took her to the same place all the time and she figured that out real quick. Hugh was retired so he was home with her all day watching her bounce off the walls and i got the evening.

Broke my finger when I was walking her, I had her leash wrapped up in my hand (never again) and she went to visit a loose dog. We were about 3 blocks from home so had to hold her leash my finger ouch until we got home. Had Hugh take me to after hours clinic, they did not have ring cutters, it was my ring finger that broke and it was swelling uppp. finally went to Emerg and because they did not want to have to CUT off my Finger :D I got in right away. they put a splint on it and poof ok. throbbed a little but not too bad an oweey.

So now her leg is healed and I have a broken finger and we start Obedience classes, she was all over the place, if she got loose from me she was visiting other dogs and disrupting the class. we both passed with flying colors, Sasha and I were the most improved in the class. we had no where but to go but up.

the rib thing happened just before winter 2 years ago, i dedcided that i should get used to my hiking boots again before the weather got bad welllll, she went to chase a flying leaf and took me with her, flying in the air landing on my hand which was under my chest.

got to tell you all, I have learned my lesson:wall: pay attention when walking the beast or she will take me OUT:crazy:

Now that she is 3 and 1/2 she is a little easier on the old girl but gotta watch her:evil:

TeriM
January 28th, 2008, 03:10 AM
:laughing: love those stories :thumbs up. Sasha is such a cutie, I love the first puppy pic :lovestruck:. Now we just need to see more of her grown up pictures (hint, hint) :D.

phoozles
January 28th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Adorable pics of Sasha as a pup! :lovestruck: And those were some stylish casts!

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 06:27 PM
This is my first day at my new home:pawprint:smells ok

check out the grass, is there something in there?

OH OH I have an owey:eek:

I FINALLY found a page with your photos!!! Sasha is soooo cute! :) And, awwww...her poor wee leg and she was VERY brave. I see the cast is off now in the other photos, is her leg ok?

Makes me want to run down to the Peterborough Animal Shelter and adopt a "puppy". Hmm...wonder if the girls would be jealous? YES!:)

ancientgirl
February 9th, 2008, 06:43 PM
She's adorable! She's quite a trooper too for allowing that cast to be on her.:lovestruck:

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 07:00 PM
She's adorable! She's quite a trooper too for allowing that cast to be on her.:lovestruck:

Yes, she is definitely a trooper. I'm glad she's okay.

Our Shadow wears an 'orthotic' on her right front leg. Last July 1st, she jumped off the bottom of our bed just as Nellie walked by. I think she tried to stop herself mid-jump and ended up breaking her wrist. She was in terrible pain.

Anyway, the orthopedic vets at the Guelph hospital said surgery wouldn't help her. Her limp was very, very pronounced. We had to have her casted and measured for a permanent orthotic to be made for her. Since the summer she was wearing it 24/7, but they say now we're only to put it on her when she goes outside or for a walk.

pbpatti
February 9th, 2008, 11:01 PM
thanks I think she is also adorable, her leg healed very well, I wonder though if she will end up with arthritis in that leg. orthotics for dogs:rolleyes:, very cool, how does Shadow keep it on?

It is so neat that the things they can do for 2 leggeds can also work for our 4legged friends too. pbp

Shabby
February 9th, 2008, 11:17 PM
thanks I think she is also adorable, her leg healed very well, I wonder though if she will end up with arthritis in that leg. orthotics for dogs:rolleyes:, very cool, how does Shadow keep it on?

It is so neat that the things they can do for 2 leggeds can also work for our 4legged friends too. pbp

The company that makes them here is called K-9 Orthotics and are based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Jeff and Gerard there are excellent. Gerard drove to Peterbourough on Thanksgiving weekend and did Shadow's casting and messuring here in her own home. When her handmade, personally fit orthotic was ready, they sent it to me via courier. Shadow loves it and can't get it off.

Their website k-9 orthotics.com you can read testimonials about other pet owners who've been helped by these people.

hazelrunpack
February 9th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Broke my finger when I was walking her, I had her leash wrapped up in my hand (never again) and she went to visit a loose dog. We were about 3 blocks from home so had to hold her leash my finger ouch until we got home. Had Hugh take me to after hours clinic, they did not have ring cutters, it was my ring finger that broke and it was swelling uppp. finally went to Emerg and because they did not want to have to CUT off my Finger :D I got in right away. they put a splint on it and poof ok. throbbed a little but not too bad an oweey.

Ooooo...such memories that brings back... :grouphug: Same thing happened to me when I was walking our old springer, Priscilla. For some really stoopid :wall: stoopid :wall: reason, I had my ring finger looped through the O-ring on her lead. She zigged to see a dog and I zagged and the finger snapped. :eek: Needed three surgeries to get the pins in, repin them right, then remove them :rolleyes: And my poor wedding band is still cut and lying forlornly in my jewelry box amongst parakeet feathers and puppy teeth. :D

We didn't let it ruin our friendship, though :laughing:

happycats
February 10th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Awwwwww such a cutie:cloud9: