Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dazy's new backpack

Ford Girl
January 26th, 2008, 01:04 PM
My sister got her this for Christmas, it's made by Outwardhound, she wasn't too sure of it at first, we did a few walks with no weight, and slowly added weight. Once she was use to it, we loaded it up with junk food from my cupboards and walked over to the Co-op's donation bin. So cute!! :D

The camo is bone shaped....and there's a secure place for her ball thrower so we can play offleash when the work is done. :thumbs up

(yes - she's got her eyes closed again, and yes - there...once again is beer in the picture! :laughing:)

JanM
January 26th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Looks cool (even the beer :D). I have been thinking of getting one of those for a while now - was originally thinking of Bobby - to give him a job but if I put it on Amber, it might help with her energy level! It sure would be handy when hiking - the dogs could carry some of the stuff - like the water and first aid... Hmmm, since I have to go to the pet store for dog food, I'm going to have a peek at them...

jessi76
January 26th, 2008, 01:42 PM
awww what a pretty girl! nice pack - looks like she's all proud of herself w/ it on!

hazelrunpack
January 26th, 2008, 02:41 PM
She does look very proud! :dog: I so rarely have a connection good enough to download pics...it's nice to see purty Dazy again! :lovestruck:

14+kitties
January 26th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Dazy is very very proud to be wearing her new backpack. :D What a pretty gal.

chico2
January 26th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Dazy looks wonderful and proud,she has a beautiful shiny Golden coat:lovestruck:

jiorji
January 26th, 2008, 04:16 PM
oohh Daizy....purple's so your colour:cool:

breeze
January 26th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Beautiful pack fordgirl :thumbs up and Dazy is always pretty when she is not getting into trouble :laughing::laughing:
they are proud arn't they,
Bree has one and every time I put it on her she walk with her head held high!! but mine is blue :D pockets are big enough to carry her own gear to the park :thumbs up:thumbs up

Frenchy
January 26th, 2008, 05:26 PM
She has her eyes close because she's a diva :lovestruck: she knows she's looking good :p

Luba
January 26th, 2008, 05:37 PM
You just know that is gonna come in really handy one day. Looks great on here and she's awfullly purdy.

ancientgirl
January 26th, 2008, 06:33 PM
LOL, I love the middle picture. Such a haughty look.:laughing::laughing:

pbpatti
January 26th, 2008, 08:20 PM
that's a nice looking backpack and I love the carrier too:crazy:where do you hook the leash?:confused: pbp

rainbow
January 26th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Hee hee....now she can pack the Coors around for you. :cool: I just love that second pic. :D

shredy
January 27th, 2008, 12:30 AM
awww what a pretty girl! nice pack - looks like she's all proud of herself w/ it on!

I was thinking the same thing! She looks like she feels so good about herself, like I do when i have a new outfit to strut around in :D

growler~GateKeeper
January 27th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Love the middle pic w/her eyes closed :lovestruck::cloud9:

She does look very proud - Good Job Dazy :thumbs up

Ford Girl
January 28th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Looks cool (even the beer :D). I have been thinking of getting one of those for a while now - was originally thinking of Bobby - to give him a job but if I put it on Amber, it might help with her energy level! It sure would be handy when hiking - the dogs could carry some of the stuff - like the water and first aid... Hmmm, since I have to go to the pet store for dog food, I'm going to have a peek at them...

Jan, it really helps with concentration, once it's on we act like it's work time, all bussiness...she walks without pulling, head lowered, ears back, looks straight ahead....it's like a new dog to be honest. We load about 4lbs a side, plus her poop bags, 2 balls and her thrower, treats, baby wipes for my hands, and ID info. :thumbs up She wore it to the vets when we went for a quick ear check, he gave her the go ahead to carry up to 15lbs as she gets stronger...he measures the pressure points too to make sure it fit well.

that's a nice looking backpack and I love the carrier too:crazy:where do you hook the leash?:confused: pbp

She has her collar on, so the leash is connected to her collar.

Hee hee....now she can pack the Coors around for you. :cool: I just love that second pic. :D

We thought this too...thought about camping and how she can be the walking cooler..altho the beer would be pretty shaken up!! :eek: But she will be able to carry her camp first aid kit and the bug spray!! :laughing:

You can get less expensive ones, but we wanted one she will actually use and carry stuff in, we do lots of camping and trail riding. But for those thinking a walk every now and then, thay have simple inexpensive ones...