Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Complaint about vet

Softpaws
June 10th, 2004, 10:09 PM
I have a great dog (Golden Retriever) and he goes to see a great vet. The vet is a really nice guy and my retriever loves him. The technician is really wonderful and the regular receptionist is terrific. My complaint is about the hospital manager who also happens to be the vet's wife. She has such an attitude and she makes people feel like they are wasting her time or interrupting her. Several people that I know have stopped going to my clinic because of her. My dog recently went through a horrible illness and the vet and technician were really wonderful during this difficult time. They were so supportive and caring that I find it have to believe my dog could get better (or even close to the same level) of care anywhere else. I dont' want to switch clinics because of this difficult woman. Should I talk to my vet about his wife's behaviour? Should I switch clinics even though I know the care won't be as good elsewhere? Help!

Luba
June 10th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Highlight your mesg and change the size of your font :D LOL

I'd say nothing. He'll take the side of his wife, and I'm sure he is already well aware of the situation. The main concern is the care being provided to your dog, ignore the ignorance of someone being rude with 'pleasant behaviour and compliments' they hate it and sometimes it smartens them up. But don't be condesending, arrogant or sarcastic...just polite.

Say nada to the vet about it IMHO it may make things worse.

Missy
June 10th, 2004, 10:27 PM
OMG - That font size was too funny!! I know you didn't mean it but it totally made me laugh when I opened the post...that was great, thanks :D The next time something happens that I don't like I'm totally gonna use it...

I agree - kill her with kindness. And the important thing is getting the proper care for your dog so I would try to stick with the clinic if you feel you can.

But if you feel you have a good relationship with your vet than you could try to approach the topic of his miserable wife gently...maybe someone needs to tell him he is losing business because of her. And you never know, since he's married to her he probably has a pretty good idea of what she's like and he might want someone to commiserate with :p

wAggie
June 12th, 2004, 09:10 PM
hmm... i'd keep my contact w her to a minimum.

besides ur there w ur dog to see her husband, the VET. and then the receptionist to pay... lol.

omit her out of ur visit. :)

Karin
June 12th, 2004, 09:45 PM
This hurt my eyes.And ears. Never did read the post.

melanie
June 13th, 2004, 07:07 PM
that is so funny (font i mean). i agree kill her with kindness, be so sickly sweet to her it makes her mind curdle, go on, i would, just for the fun of it, lol and go out of your way to say hi and greet her sweetly, and all the 'oh you look just lovely' and 'oh what a lovely (not) pair of earings', oh it will be fun, dont ever let these type make you feel bad, life is too short to deal with other peoples inadequacies or feel bad, just recognise that they have some serious issues and need pity, but always have a little fun, it is the spice of life after all :D :p