http://www.mississauganews.com/article/10092
http://www.mississauganews.com/article/10388
http://www.mississauganews.com/article/10519
And check out the assinine statement from our "dog loving" mayor
She's just lost our family's vote
http://www.mississauganews.com/article/10593

happycats
January 26th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Rambo is such a poor sweet inocent pup, I don't know why the owner got him in the first place knowing he was banned here!
And now he may have to pay the ultimate price (death) for his owners selfishness:sad:

Brooster
January 26th, 2008, 10:50 PM
If you read all the links, you'll find that she didn't know what breed he was.
At four months, the attending vet couldn't ID him either.
He was purchased at a flea market and it would be interesting to know what story she was told by the vendor.

Watchdog
January 27th, 2008, 08:39 AM
What a great looking dog. Could this dog be adopted by someone in Ontario that had a pitty grandfathered before the ban took place that recently died? I thought that if you had already owned a pit before the ban that you could get another one if your dog died.

Frenchy
January 27th, 2008, 11:02 AM
He was purchased at a flea market and it would be interesting to know what story she was told by the vendor.

:wall: I sure hope this vendor will have accusation made against him :frustrated:

wdawson
January 27th, 2008, 12:24 PM
hmmm i wonder if its the same flea market and vendor as the rabies pups:rolleyes:

Stacer
January 27th, 2008, 12:51 PM
hmmm i wonder if its the same flea market and vendor as the rabies pups:rolleyes:

I was wondering the same thing.

Poor dog doesn't deserve this. I feel bad for the owner, but on the other hand when the dog started to show obvious features of a pit bull I would have been extra vigilant.

wdawson
January 27th, 2008, 01:21 PM
but on the other hand when the dog started to show obvious features of a pit bull I would have been extra vigilant.

yea.....but the thing is they don't enforce this law until they get a stray,i also thing there is some politcal agenda they are trying to push....what that is i don't know :shrug:....i see pits all the time,unmuzzled even pups.

there is a scrap yard i walk the boys past every morning , they have 2 pits in the yard.....beathoven loves to go see them....they got out the other day...i grabbed one but not the other.....called the number on the sign left a message about the other one that got away......thatnight animal control was all around.

Stacer
January 27th, 2008, 01:34 PM
yea.....but the thing is they don't enforce this law until they get a stray,i also thing there is some politcal agenda they are trying to push....what that is i don't know :shrug:....i see pits all the time,unmuzzled even pups.

That's exactly why I would be extra vigilant. I would make sure my dog would never be in a situation where it could get free and possibly caught by animal control, and I would make sure that there would never be a reason for someone to call animal control on my dog.

Saradog
January 27th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Just some comments:

1. The owner is apparently 20ish. So, she was in her teens when this law came about. What teen reads the paper? Those with pibbles and those who hate pibbles know about it, Joe Q. Public has forgotten all about it.

2. Considering that (according to the papers) the owner lives at Dundas and Dixie, the City should be grateful she has a dog and not a gun. If I lived at Dundas and Dixie, I'd sure as hell have a gun.

3. I don't understand why Hazel is suddenly such a friend of the Fibs and spouting about "upholding the law". Damm, Hazel, get some perspective. It's a puppy, not a rocket launcher. Your ACs should be out busting puppy and kitten millers, bunchers selling pups in flea markets, provably dangerous dogs, and cruel/abusive/neglectful pet owners.

4. Considering that (as I understand it) the generic term "pit bull terrier" was thrown out of the legislation, I don't understand why Mississauga thinks it has the authority to hold this dog. Or why it doesn't just declare that the dog is not a "pit bull" and everyone goes home happy, with less expense to taxpayers. Because of Mississauga's idiotic stand, the taxpayers have to pay to board the puppy until trial and the costs of the trial itself.

5. Hate the law? Donate to the legal challenge. www.bannedaid.com

Brooster
January 27th, 2008, 09:24 PM
mayor@mississauga.ca
Here ya go, tell the old nag what you think
On second thought , be nice, but do tell her what you think

seeker
January 28th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I sent Hazel my regards today

Tommysmom
January 28th, 2008, 05:28 PM
"Where were all these people when the law was being proposed?"

I gotta admit, I think Hazel's got a point when she said that. So many people putting so much effort into saving one dog... yet most didn't act when the law was being put forward, and they could have saved so many. I'm not speaking about people on here, as I'm sure most here were well-informed, but so many people turn a blind eye to what's going on in their community/province/country/world and then complain later, when it finally has an impact on their own lives.

Brooster
January 28th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Just about every dog group right from the CKC on down opposed this piece of crapola. Humane Societies, Canada Safety Council, Vet Groups, all opposed it in writing. The PC's and NDP's opposed it The liberals were bombardesd with anti-B132 letters and e-mails.
But Bryant knows it all, more than all those dog people. And it appears old Hazel slept thru it all.

seeker
January 31st, 2008, 04:27 PM
it appears old Hazel slept thru it all.

I think you have a point, where was she for the year before and the year after bill 132 went through. How many meetings, rallies, protests etc did she not notice or hear about?
By the way I got a "Liberal" like response from her regarding my email, that being "No reply at all"

babyrocky1
February 1st, 2008, 09:03 PM
I thought Hazel was against the ban when it was proposed, but then my memory is not what it used to be.. I think my brain has passed its saturation level of BS!
Maybe she was just opposed to the city having to pay for it....:shrug:

babyrocky1
February 1st, 2008, 09:06 PM
know that some feel like, well theres been so many pups, sooo many dogs, exterminated over this law, why so much attention over this one... but maybe this is what the public needs, ONE cute pup that they can rally around... its about freakin time... but the whole thing seems to have created another backlash against bully owners... I know I'm having a hard time in my neighbourhood AGAIN!

The worse part for poor Rambo is that hes in a shelter til this is done... and he is sooo young to be locked up:sad::sad::sad:

Brooster
February 1st, 2008, 09:38 PM
Of all the dogs, the vast majority innocent, that have been slaughtered, Rambo puts a face on the whole disgusting debacle.

babyrocky1
February 5th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Of all the dogs, the vast majority innocent, that have been slaughtered, Rambo puts a face on the whole disgusting debacle.
exactly, but I wish he had a name like Angel or something, I should talk, my boys name is Rocky.. but then he is almost nine so who knew???:shrug:

Brooster
February 6th, 2008, 09:13 PM
The latest news article
http://www.mississauganews.com/article/10959

Brooster
February 26th, 2008, 07:43 AM
OK we're down to the wire.
This mess goes to court at 1:30, Friday the 29th
Its at the old gas co building now a courthouse, on the south side of Burnamthorpe just west of our monstrosity of a city hall.
I'll be there.

seeker
February 28th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Brooster, I can't be there and likely niether can many of us , but please let us know the outcome. Thanks

Brooster
February 29th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Small but nice group of folks at the courthouse plus some media.
The little gr3 girl was there with sis and mom
Carolyn Parrish was there, our next mayor?
Anik Murray, the lawyer, cool lady, confidence inspiring.
All I had on me was a double sawbuck, put in in Gabriela's donation can
Gave her a hug too
Short story if I have it right.
Pre-trial on March 14, same location and time
If it goes to trial , will be about a week later. As I understand it, not gospel, they are going to ask the court to release Rambo to his owner at the p/t.
LOL maybe by then I'll have my hearing aids so I may be able to actually hear the goings on.
Fingers crossed:fingerscr

danaekitty
February 29th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Brooster - thak you so much for keeping us updated - :fingerscr for poor Rambo.

babyrocky1
February 29th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Its great you could attend Brooster, I was unfortunately having a tooth pullled... I may be able to make the next one though... barring anyone going into labour that is LOL

Brooster
March 5th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Check this out, from HMC in today's paper
http://www.mississauganews.com/article/11835
mayor@mississauga.ca
Again, be nice, but tell her your thoughts

babyrocky1
March 5th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Obviously she is feeling the heat!

Rescues that transport the dogs out of province fund-raise and THEY pay the cost.. I've never heard of a pound doing it themselves.

Brooster
March 6th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Yes, that's what I've believed.
Now if city mgmt, politicians and staff spoke out against Bill 132, this so called report should call for the use of the rescue clause, right?

babyrocky1
March 14th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Hey all, today a small but dedicated group showed up to support Gabriella in her battle against DOLA.
Nice to see you again Brooster LOL
Unfortunately Rambo was not let out on bail yet but maybe next week.

Carolyn Parrish was also there to support Gabriella in getting Rambo back and will be pressuring Mississauga to use the "rescue" clause that Brooster mentioned earlier for other cases.. she may need some support with this so please keep yourselves informed, especially if you live in Mississauga.

I believe we will get something from Ms Parrish in writing...
BTW... I was extremely impressed with her... she is very much against
BSL and BS in politics overall!
REFRESHING! http://www.mississauga.com/article/12147

seeker
March 15th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Carolyn is one polititian that you can count on to stand up for what she thinks is right and definetly not what is "politically correct or towing the party line".
I admire her for that, we need more people like her in politics.
Unfortunately most of the elected members of parliament are not much more than "sheep" and the leaders the "sheppards" that control how all the sheep speak and vote.
I thought more of Hazel but I guess I was mistaken, she is just one of Dalton's sheep it appears. Did anyone see her this week posing for pictures with some Ontario Liberals? I don't know what they were promising her, likey some cash grant for the city so she is unlikely to go against any of their wishes.

Brooster
March 19th, 2008, 09:11 AM
CP will get our vote if and when she runs for mayor.
Here's the latest on the pup.
http://www.mississauganews.com/article/12240
I was there, both sad and maddening.
McCallion keeps spouting "it's the law" and I have a huge problem with that. I see people who want to enforce the part of a law that kills an innocent dog, and ignore a part of the same law that would allow the dog to be rescued.
Political hypocrisy:wall: