Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need a monkey? - Just some of the things Marko does

marko
January 25th, 2008, 11:22 AM
He has to deal with emails like this -

Lovely and jovial purebreed monkeys. Gorgeous baby capuchin monkey for sale. They are raised in our home and handfed by me and my children. We spoil and give them the most excellent attention. They are all ready to leave at 6 weeks old and they are very healthy, diaper trained and tamed and very good eaters.They have been vet checked and will come with a medical record .Pets come with pets' accessories like Blankets, diapers, dresses, toys, starter kits and some monkey baby food stuffs. They would make wonderful companions at your home. shipping is possible if location permits. Interested person(s) should contact me for more information.

Frenchy
January 25th, 2008, 11:25 AM
:wall: I hope you have some aspirins Marko !

Is it legal to sell these pets here in Quebec anyway ?

marko
January 25th, 2008, 11:25 AM
the only thing that would have been more precious (insert sarcasm here)

Plus if you buy now...they will ship you a second monkey free...all you have to do is pay the $229.95 shipping and handling fee. REMEMBER these monkeys were hand fed by children and come with blankets and dresses.

This was an ad from someone in california...and NO I don't think you can have these pets in Quebec

CearaQC
January 25th, 2008, 11:27 AM
dresses?

:laughing::crazy:

Poor marko!!

Monkeys are more trouble than puppies. No thanks. lol

marko
January 25th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Monkeys are more trouble than puppies. No thanks. lol

I know eh - could you even imagine...screaming monkeys that swing and jump all over the house? You think Ziglet needs a new friend with an opposable thumb? :D

CearaQC
January 25th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Yeah I'm imagining monkeys on top of the fridge, opening the fridge, taking items out of fridge and tossing them all over kitchen.

Going into closets, ripping apart sheets and blankets, and clothes!

Yanking wires, trying out applicances.

Attacking guests, pulling hair.

Terrorizing other pets.

Tossing books out of bookshelves.

Yikes!

*runs away* No monkeys!!

Frenchy
January 25th, 2008, 11:38 AM
You guys have it all wrong. All I see is :

monkey doing dishes

monkey doing laundry

monkey poop patrolling

monkey grooming the dogs and cats

monkey painting my house .....

:cloud9:

happycats
January 25th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Yeah I'm imagining monkeys on top of the fridge, opening the fridge, taking items out of fridge and tossing them all over kitchen.

Going into closets, ripping apart sheets and blankets, and clothes!

Yanking wires, trying out applicances.

Attacking guests, pulling hair.

Terrorizing other pets.

Tossing books out of bookshelves.

Yikes!

*runs away* No monkeys!!

Yup and then some!! they can become quite vicious and have very sharp teeth!

they also throw things.....at you and your pet's guest's and everywhere!
remember they have little hands, so they can open anything you can!!

and WTF is diaper training!!??

CearaQC
January 25th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Heck if you can do that you'd never have to work at an office again and be the ultimate monkey trainer!

Heck Belle would make an awesome painter. Dip her tail into some paint, pet her and tell her she's a good girl and that constantly wagging tail I think would make a good paintbrush. :laughing:

(No, I would never, ever do that... but that tail of hers can do a lot of stuff - usually destruction)

CearaQC
January 25th, 2008, 11:42 AM
haha this topic just cracks me up.

diaper training.. well I guess that just means they are used to wearing tiny diapers.

But what happens the day they decide (like a human child) they don't want to wear a diaper any more....rip it off, and fling it at you with poo and who knows what else inside.

ewww!! :yuck:

happycats
January 25th, 2008, 11:47 AM
haha this topic just cracks me up.

diaper training.. well I guess that just means they are used to wearing tiny diapers.

But what happens the day they decide (like a human child) they don't want to wear a diaper any more....rip it off, and fling it at you with poo and who knows what else inside.

Yup they'll do that too!!

when my DH was a teen his friend had a monkey, and everything you listed is so true......and much much more.
they also had a boxer who that little monkey terrorized, it was so bad the dog would have killed it if he caught it!
And yes he would jump on guests and pull their hair, and throw things at them. and I'm not talking toss, I'm talking throw full strength with great accuracy, and yes he flung poo too!!! Definatly NOT A GOOD PET!!

jessi76
January 25th, 2008, 11:47 AM
my boss just returned from a tropical vacation where he visited an animal rehab center, focused on monkeys. he learned they need the sense of touch almost constantly for the first 3 yrs of life (meaning they pretty much need to be held ALL THE TIME). and that sadly, most monkeys that resided there were indeed someone's "pet" at one time. he said it was like walking through a mental institution, some were rocking back & forth, repeatedly touching their faces, some wore heavy ropes as "leashes" because they were so used to being tied up that they freaked out when they were let "loose", etc... it's so sad that some people feel the need to try to domesticate everything.

ancientgirl
January 25th, 2008, 01:03 PM
All I can envision is a monkey hanging from my ceiling throwing poop at me, my cats and whoever comes to visit me.

joeysmama
January 26th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Diaper trained !?!?! :laughing:
What in the world does that mean? My babies were "diaper trained" before they came home from the hospital. Yeah a mischievous pet with opposable thumbs :eek:!! Can you imagine ????

rainbow
January 26th, 2008, 02:08 AM
:grouphug: Marko

So, ummmm...what was your reply? :D

growler~GateKeeper
January 26th, 2008, 02:16 AM
You think Ziglet needs a new friend with an opposable thumb? :D

Ziglet says hmmmmmm.........yes, a lil' monkey to get my dinner ready for me :laughing:

:laugh: flinging monkey poo :laugh:

:crazy:

Kristin7
January 26th, 2008, 08:14 AM
:eek: someone's selling monkeys?! I wonder if that is even legal... :crazy:

CearaQC
January 26th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Don't know what part of the world that type of monkey originates, but if it's Asian, they can name a monkey

Hu Flung Pu

SARAH
January 26th, 2008, 09:48 AM
You guys have it all wrong. All I see is :

monkey doing dishes

monkey doing laundry

monkey poop patrolling

monkey grooming the dogs and cats

monkey painting my house .....

:cloud9:

Not quite what's in Harry Belafonte's song ... I can't remeber the words anymore (getting old, lol) but I remember laughing at all the trouble it got into. None of the above were on the monkey's activity list!

Diaper trained !?!?! :laughing:
What in the world does that mean? My babies were "diaper trained" before they came home from the hospital.

Yeah, some feat, eh? :laughing: :laughing: