Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Documentary on CBC re: pet food recall

ladyhawk1
January 24th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I was flipping through my channel guide tonight and saw this documentary was on, so thought I'd PVR it. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but in randoming flipping to it during other commercials breaks, it looked like it had good info. I saw the filmmaker inform one consumer in a pet store about how bad it was to feed grain to your cat. The woman was flabbergasted. I'm not sure if it will be rebroadcast for those who missed it tonight, but most of the time CBC will replay stuff on CBC Newsworld a little later in the week.

Sorry for the duplicate post. I haven't figured out how to delete a post yet.

susieqt
January 24th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I watched this show tonight. OMG, it makes you want to never buy cat or dog food again! Very interesting and was worth it to watch.

Love4himies
January 25th, 2008, 06:03 AM
I just can't stay up that late to watch :sad:

BusterBoo
January 25th, 2008, 06:22 AM
I believe it is on Saturday at 7:00 pm again.

badger
January 25th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I faded away just at the point where the professor was about to give advice on what to feed. Can anyone fill me in? It was just after the segment where she had her students comparing labels of regular and 'premium food'.

badger
January 25th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Never mind, just saw the other thread :wall:

BAILEYSMUDGE
January 25th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I watched the show... it was indeed very informative...but, it left alot open for discussion.... regarding cat nutrition... no one could deny the feeding of a "raw food diet"..yet... of the two "Nutritionists"... one fed raw food to her cats and the other was feeding kibble from the vet's office....?

Love4himies
January 25th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I believe it is on Saturday at 7:00 pm again.

Thanks I will look for it then.

Ford Girl
January 25th, 2008, 10:53 AM
What other thread is this discussed in? Please let me know.

sugarcatmom
January 25th, 2008, 11:12 AM
What other thread is this discussed in? Please let me know.

Here: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=48746

gsdlove
January 25th, 2008, 10:23 PM
This show was informative enough. I think the point they are trying to get across is that our dogs and cats should be treated as family and not property. The law need to be changed not only for the animals protection against cruelty but also legislation to better regulate the pet food industry. I just wish they had mentioned or shown brands that ARE good for pets.

Love4himies
January 26th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Maybe I am a bit slow sometimes, but does Starchoice get CBC Newsworld?? I can't find it to watch Doc Zone tonight:yell:.

Love4himies
January 26th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Duh, I found it, thought it would be with all the other news stations in the 500 series.

Frenchy
January 26th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Duh, I found it, thought it would be with all the other news stations in the 500 series.

What time tonight ? I already saw it but I told a bunch of people that it was playing again tonight , and now I can't find it !!! :confused:

ladyhawk1
January 26th, 2008, 06:29 PM
10 pm EST, CBC Newsworld

Frenchy
January 26th, 2008, 06:50 PM
10 pm EST, CBC Newsworld

Thanks ! I just looked and I don't have that channel :sad:

roadie28
March 2nd, 2009, 12:46 AM
I just saw this documentary for the first time yesterday. I was curious if anyone remembers what the website was near the end? It was the man who had set up a website for people whose pets had died from the tainted pet food. They said the website adress but I forgot by the end of the show. If anyone remembers, please post.

Love4himies
March 2nd, 2009, 06:48 AM
I saw it on Sat night too, but I can't remember the website either. Sorry.

cell
March 2nd, 2009, 08:29 AM
IS this the Video here?

http://www.viddler.com/explore/jennifergoodwin/videos/4/

the quiality is not good, but its watchable enough.

roadie28
March 5th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks cell.

I was able to fast-forward to near the end of the documentary and find out what that website was. It is defendourpets.org incase anyone else wants to check it out!!