Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The boys

ancientgirl
January 23rd, 2008, 03:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/028-2.jpg

I love this shot.

If I can only get the girls in this position.

14+kitties
January 23rd, 2008, 03:32 PM
Beautiful shot! And what a size difference. Vlad is most definetely a big boy.

ancientgirl
January 23rd, 2008, 03:44 PM
They both came out really nice. LOL, I'm assuming Maks will be close to Vlad in size, since he's about the same height as Oksana already.

14+kitties
January 23rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
He probably will be. He just looks tiny next to Vlad in the pic. So cute. :cloud9:

chico2
January 23rd, 2008, 04:06 PM
A great pic:thumbs upVlad looks so shiny and beautiful,the way only black cats can and little Maks adorable as always:lovestruck:
I see Oksanas little tail is also included:cat:

ancientgirl
January 23rd, 2008, 04:54 PM
LOL, that was the Tiny Miss, Kiska. Who I took into the vet to have her little mammary glands looked at. The vet said I have nothing to worry about. They're swollen most likely because she was just out of heat when she was spayed and she's still got hormones in her body. At least I don't have to worry about that now.

chico2
January 24th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Oh yes,sorry about that,Oksana is black:lightbulb:

ancientgirl
January 24th, 2008, 07:58 AM
NO problem. She was in the kitchen, in her new favorite spot. On the kitchen counter, rustling and digging her head into my stack of bills.

CearaQC
January 24th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Vlad looks like an Egyptian Bast statue! Very regal. :D

ancientgirl
January 24th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Vlad looks like an Egyptian Bast statue! Very regal. :D

Have a look at Oksana.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/018-2.jpg

She really lets off that Bast look.

Love4himies
January 24th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Vlad does look very regal and healthy. I don't think you need to worry about his weight, he looks terrific:thumbs up.

ancientgirl
January 24th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I've been looking at him more and more. He is a solid kitty. He's got a little pooch, but so does Oksana, and the vet told me once that happens to some cats when they aren't super active.

I can see his waist and feel his ribs. What I'm trying to prevent now is keep him from gaining any weight. He's a big boy, so 17pounds might just be a good weight. He's all cat! I'd like to see him at between 12 and 15 and maintain that. I just don't want him to be so heavy at such a young age and possibly develop diabetes.

JanM
January 24th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Great shot of the two boys and Vlad is truly a beautiful boy! I'd love to see Vlad, Oksana, Chico and my Shadow side by side - all beautiful black :D

SARAH
January 24th, 2008, 10:18 AM
A great pic:thumbs upVlad looks so shiny and beautiful,the way only black cats can and little Maks adorable as always:lovestruck:
I see Kiska's little tail is also included:cat:

LOL, I hadn't noticed the tail until you mentionned it (corrected the name for you ;) ) Beautiful picture!

Vlad does look very regal and healthy. I don't think you need to worry about his weight, he looks terrific:thumbs up.

Absolutely! He's a solid-looking, muscular cat, not overweight at all. Silly vet :loser:

ancientgirl
January 24th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Great shot of the two boys and Vlad is truly a beautiful boy! I'd love to see Vlad, Oksana, Chico and my Shadow side by side - all beautiful black :D

That would be a wonderful site. Maybe we can shoot photos and put them all in some collage.

ancientgirl
January 24th, 2008, 10:30 AM
LOL, I hadn't noticed the tail until you mentionned it (corrected the name for you ;) ) Beautiful picture!

Absolutely! He's a solid-looking, muscular cat, not overweight at all. Silly vet :loser:

I think she was mainly shocked because he'd gained 7 pounds since November. I also found it to be a lot of gain in such a short period of time.

I certainly don't want him to gain anymore weight. I'd like to keep him at that weight or a few pounds below. He's a solid boy, no doubt about it, I want to keep him that way.

hazelrunpack
January 24th, 2008, 11:18 AM
So beautiful! :lovestruck: I've always loved cats, but the closest I've ever come to having one was being able to catsit for a week. That was in my college years when I didn't have any pesky dogs around. :D

Forgot to ask--how is Miss Kiska doing (besides the hormone thing)--all healed up from her spay now? :fingerscr

ancientgirl
January 24th, 2008, 11:40 AM
So beautiful! :lovestruck: I've always loved cats, but the closest I've ever come to having one was being able to catsit for a week. That was in my college years when I didn't have any pesky dogs around. :D

Forgot to ask--how is Miss Kiska doing (besides the hormone thing)--all healed up from her spay now? :fingerscr

Thank you for asking Hazel. She's all healed up. I've got her on some anti-inflammatory and antibiotics to make sure she doesn't get any infection.

I was worried about cancer, but the vet assured me she was too young. And that most likely this is happening to her because she was spayed right after her first heat cycle and plus she's still got hormones in her body. That little girl, if she'd only waited a week!

I'd figured she was eating regularly, pooping like normal, and playing like the little hell kitty she and Maks are, she must be okay. But better safe than sorry I always say.

Now if I can only get her and Oksana to stand next to each other for more than 2 seconds I can post a nice picture of them standing next to each other.

I'm so happy to have Maks and Kiska. Maks is serving to be a really good playmate for Vlad, for the rough play. They really like each other too, they all do. I've even caught the reserved Diva, Little Miss Oksana playing with Kiska now and then too, when she thinks nobody is watching.

hazelrunpack
January 24th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Glad to hear she's doing so well! :thumbs up Dogs are like that with the hormones, too. After Macie came here, she was spayed as soon as her discharge ended--and she still had a full false pregnancy two months later. :shrug: So peculiar!

Are you preserving play moments in video? I was just watching a DVD I made back in 2003 of puppies Cole and Ember playing in the backyard. :laughing: What a hoot! They grow up so quickly. Cats must be like that, too, I suppose? It's sort of sad when they get staid and stodgy in their middle-age. :o Luckily we now have video to remind us of the insanity, eh? :thumbs up :laughing:

ancientgirl
January 24th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Glad to hear she's doing so well! :thumbs up Dogs are like that with the hormones, too. After Macie came here, she was spayed as soon as her discharge ended--and she still had a full false pregnancy two months later. :shrug: So peculiar!

Are you preserving play moments in video? I was just watching a DVD I made back in 2003 of puppies Cole and Ember playing in the backyard. :laughing: What a hoot! They grow up so quickly. Cats must be like that, too, I suppose? It's sort of sad when they get staid and stodgy in their middle-age. :o Luckily we now have video to remind us of the insanity, eh? :thumbs up :laughing:

I've only got a short video option on my camera, and unless there's a lot of light the video doesn't come out well. But I can keep the camera on hand to catch them when they go at it in the morning. Maks and Kiska are constantly playing, and I've got a good source of light in my room. Ha, I'll have to keep my camera upstairs.

I've got a couple of Vlad and Oksana when they were little, but they are kind of dark.

<

SARAH
January 24th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Have you noticed the Pincourt 4 thread ancient? My whole whacky fur-tribe in one place, all pics taken at lunch time today too :D did I eat? Well, yes but not totally hot food, :rolleyes:

SARAH
January 24th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Have you noticed the Pincourt 4 thread ancient? My whole whacky fur-tribe in one place, all pics taken at lunch time today too :D did I eat? Well, yes but not totally hot food, :rolleyes: speaking of size I mean.

SARAH
January 24th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Have you noticed the Pincourt 4 thread ancient? My whole whacky fur-tribe in one place, all pics taken at lunch time today too :D did I eat? Well, yes but not totally hot food, :rolleyes: speaking of size I mean.