Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I LOVE my pet food store

Bluedrake
January 23rd, 2008, 03:22 PM
I'm lucky to have a pet food store right next to where I live, and I must say I really like it. They carry the usual foodstuffs, i.e Royal Canin, Science Diet and such, but they also have a shelf next to the counter with a whole bunch of high-quality foods like Wellness, California Natural, Innova Evo and others. I even saw cans of green tripe there!

They also have a freezer for raw foods! The clerks are very informative about quality foods, and very open on the subject. They are not patronizing when advising you about pet food, and very acommodating. If they carry a brand but not the specific product you want, they'll order it for you. Really nice.

I purchase all my cat food in bulk there.

Love4himies
January 24th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Isn't it great having a good, well stocked pet food store. I have one on my way home from work (Global's) and the owners are soooo good. I stop in just to chat and look at the kitties from the Humane Societies. (It is where my female foster kittens were taken to when they went up for adoption so I could visit them every day). I wouldn't shop anywhere else.

krdahmer
January 24th, 2008, 12:02 PM
We finally have a Global here too! The women that run it are so nice and very helpful. They always ask about your pets when you go in, giving it that personal touch. Also I love the enclosure/run they have for the adoptable kitties.... it's floor to ceiling with a run that goes around the top of the store, so the kitties can look down at the shoppers and it has hidey spots and a nice hammock for them too, by no mean a 'cage'!

As soon as I get my free bag (I buy one more and get one free) of the Performatrin Ultra, I may give Fromm a try, they carry it at Global, so I wouldn't have to drive all the way to St. Kitts. They have CN too, but we tried that and had tummy issues, and the raw my guys snubbed completely. I would LOVE to try the Orijin cause I hear so many good things about it on here but they only have fish or chicken formulas for cats and I can't feed either of those here, only lamb or duck. Fromm has a Duck and veggie one I'd like to try. I'm a little leary because we are doing alright on the Performatrin.... :o That was kinda :offtopic::sorry::rolleyes::D

The pet stores I deal with here are always so helpful, and it makes such a difference, especially when you have to deal with food allergies, its nice when a sales girl will sit down and help you sort through packages and packages of ingredients to find one suitable.

wdawson
January 24th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I'm a little leary because we are doing alright on the Performatrin.... :o

if it aint broke...why try to fix it:confused: