Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

-12 and where are they?

14+kitties
January 23rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
Spaz going up the "ladder" and Miss Purrfect and Brownie waiting at the top.
And Mew enjoying the warmth inside their house.

14+kitties
January 23rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Little Mylee performing more of her acrobatics and getting stuck! She gets to the top of the fence and gets scared. I have to go "rescue" her. Such a little clown. :cloud9:

ancientgirl
January 23rd, 2008, 03:26 PM
I love the one of Spaz going up the ladder. Is that one of those cat fences Mylee is getting stuck in?

14+kitties
January 23rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
The fence is the one we built for their catuary. It is chain link with chicken wire at the bottom so bodies can't wiggle through and at the top vertically so they can't get out that way. There is also netting around 2/3 of the fence at the top. She isn't REALLY stuck. She just gets scared and can't figure out how to get down.

ancientgirl
January 23rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
It looks really well to contain them.

14+kitties
January 23rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
They've been there since end of Sept. and I haven't had any escapees yet except for out the gate when it didn't close right the other day. And then they (Nipper and Meowzer) came right back in without a problem. I think they like their little home. :D
And thanks.Took me a long time to attach the ties all the way around every space on the fence but it was worth it knowing they are safe.

chico2
January 23rd, 2008, 03:57 PM
Awww 14+,they look great,you are very fortunate to be able to care for all these little guys and I am sure they are very happy where they are.
Hubby took my cats out today at about-10C,they were back in the house together with hubby in 5 min or less:laughing:

14+kitties
January 23rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks Chico2 :D They were outside in that really cold snap we had on the weekend, silly things. Yesterday during the snowstorm they actually were all inside. It surprised me. I thought there would be one or two brave souls. But as soon as the storm was over......back outside. I keep checking for frostbite and frozen parts but so far, so good.

ancientgirl
January 23rd, 2008, 04:57 PM
And thanks.Took me a long time to attach the ties all the way around every space on the fence but it was worth it knowing they are safe.

Please, if I ever need a place to live, I may ask you to just build me a kitty home.

phoozles
January 23rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
Love the kitten in the fence :lovestruck:
She totally has that "okay, now what am I supposed to do" look on her face :)

Frenchy
January 23rd, 2008, 08:33 PM
Spaz going up the "ladder"

:laughing: too cute and funny ! ahhh , kitty Hilton :cloud9: can't believe how lucky they all are to have you ! :thankyou:

clm
January 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
They're perky because of the cold. :laughing: I've managed to get the big indoor/outdoor male in the house for a total of about 30 minutes the past 3 days. :frustrated: He refuses to stay in. Spending a lot of time in his outdoor house with the down blanket that's right under the front window of the house though and he's eating a lot of food. I've picked him up from out of there sometimes and his body heat has that little house as warm as toast. :laughing: Still insists on drinking that ice cold water from the pond too. He's such a stubborn cat.

Cindy

growler~GateKeeper
January 23rd, 2008, 09:32 PM
Love Spaz on the ladder - looks like he's gone up as far as he wants to :laughing: & Mylee on the fence so cute "Halp, someone get me down"

Miss Purrfect and Brownie purrrrfect lookout perch ;) Mew's clever steal the comfy blanket while the others are outside :cloud9:

jiorji
January 23rd, 2008, 10:05 PM
awww Mylee is so sweet

14+kitties
January 24th, 2008, 09:56 AM
:laughing: too cute and funny ! ahhh , kitty Hilton :cloud9:
Thanks Frenchy. :cloud9::lovestruck Not quite the Hilton but hopefully this summer it will get bigger and better.

They're perky because of the cold. :laughing: Cindy

I don't know if it's the cold clm or the cold and them still being babies.The oldest ones turn a year old in May. Our tenant keeps saying we have our own personal entertainment just watching them. He's right. :)

Love Spaz on the ladder - looks like he's gone up as far as he wants to :laughing: & Mylee on the fence so cute "Halp, someone get me down"
Miss Purrfect and Brownie purrrrfect lookout perch ;) Mew's clever steal the comfy blanket while the others are outside :cloud9:
Oh growler...you should see them going up and down that board. I need to put new "steps" on for them cause they have worn down the ones I put on. Spaz loves going up and down. He practically flies most of the time. He stopped there because I was close to him and he wanted his lovin'. He loves his lovin' :lovestruck:
Mew IS pretty clever but there are tons of blankets out there for them. I keep stealing ours to take out because I worry about them being cold. :D With all the cuddling together they do I don't think they are cold at all.

awww Mylee is so sweet
She is pretty cute and she knows it! :D

SARAH
January 24th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Bigger and better? Then the Hilton will become the Taj Mahal !!

Misti wants out too, but as soon as she notices how c-c-c-old it in fact IS, air and snow on little paws, she wants in 5 minutes lates :laughing:

And guess who is right there with her! Sheba, the couch potato !!

Dani? She loves running around the pool, up and down the piles of snow I've dupmed from the deck, under the stairs, around the shed ... everywhere! There were mice by the shed, maybe some are still there? And the squirrels, they "provide" her with peanuts (that she eats whole, husk and all), and then there's the birds to just look at. From time to time someone will walk by with or without a dog. Without, they just get looked at. With, it's barking time! She's super busy for 30-40 minutes at a time, before coing inside to see what everyone else is doing.

Spoutnik is all of 4 lbs now (wow he's growing fast!) but has no harness yet and doesn't know what outside looks or feels like up close, only the air through the bug-screen on the bedroom window and the sights through every single window all over the house!

14+kitties
January 24th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Bigger and better? Then the Hilton will become the Taj Mahal !!
Spoutnik is all of 4 lbs now (wow he's growing fast!) but has no harness yet and doesn't know what outside looks or feels like up close, only the air through the bug-screen on the bedroom window and the sights through every single window all over the house!

:laughing::laughing: Not the Taj Mahal yet. That comes the year after. ;)
I have told hubby I want a cement building put up for them that we can run hydro to for heat and is big enough for me to put a couch in so I can relax with them. And a fence that is attached to the building all around and across the top so there is no chance of escaping. I have ideas in my head of what I want but I need to win lots of money to do it.
So when do we see more pics of Spout? At 4 lbs he is bigger than my smallest ones and they are five months old! They only weigh 3 lbs. And of course the rest of the crew too. :)

Marilouwl
January 24th, 2008, 10:21 AM
The fence is the one we built for their catuary. It is chain link with chicken wire at the bottom so bodies can't wiggle through and at the top vertically so they can't get out that way. There is also netting around 2/3 of the fence at the top. She isn't REALLY stuck. She just gets scared and can't figure out how to get down.

It is such a good idea 14+kitties!! There is a company that built this type of enclosure close to were I live and it costs a fortune. You take good care of your cats and are very patient to buid it yourself. :thumbs up

14+kitties
January 24th, 2008, 10:29 AM
It is such a good idea 14+kitties!! There is a company that built this type of enclosure close to were I live and it costs a fortune. You take good care of your cats and are very patient to buid it yourself. :thumbs up

Is that the one that builds Houdini fences? I researched that company. You are right, it does cost quite a bit. This one was done for around $700 or so. We had the posts and the netting was given to us by a friend of ours who has a vineyard or it would have been more. And their shed was one of ours we "refurbished" for them. I just wish I could do more but at the moment money says no.

Marilouwl
January 24th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Is that the one that builds Houdini fences? I researched that company. You are right, it does cost quite a bit. This one was done for around $700 or so. We had the posts and the netting was given to us by a friend of ours who has a vineyard or it would have been more. And their shed was one of ours we "refurbished" for them. I just wish I could do more but at the moment money says no.

Hum...I don't remember if the name was Houdini or not. I just remember that it was way over my budget! So, I have less kitties and they stay inside... I wish I could give them the opportunity of feeling what it's like to be outside safely. Other than money, my problem is that I live in an appartment...third floor :frustrated:.
As for your wish to do even more, I'm sure your babies are very happy with what they have at the moment and, I don't know why, I'm sure when money isn't an issue you will be back to work to offer them more! Can my cats visit your place, they would be so happy?!!

14+kitties
January 24th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Any time Marilouwl! What's a few more (and baby kittens too) when there is already 16? They just have to be willing to share cause there isn't much chance of keeping something for themselves with that many.
And yes, third floor apartments aren't good for letting kitties out. Most cats don't mind a bit being indoors but these guys are still feral with anyone but me. They hate coming in the house!

SARAH
January 24th, 2008, 11:28 AM
So when do we see more pics of Spout? And of course the rest of the crew too. :)

Just snapped and resized a bunch, so I guess I'll have to start a new thread ;)

Here ya go http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=536575&posted=1#post536575

14+kitties
January 24th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Love the kitten in the fence :lovestruck:
She totally has that "okay, now what am I supposed to do" look on her face :)

Sorry phoozles. :o I didn't mean to miss your comment.
You are right though, that is exactly what she looks like but it doesn't stop her from climbing the fence and doing it again. Silly little gal.

Marilouwl
January 24th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Any time Marilouwl! What's a few more (and baby kittens too) when there is already 16? They just have to be willing to share cause there isn't much chance of keeping something for themselves with that many.
And yes, third floor apartments aren't good for letting kitties out. Most cats don't mind a bit being indoors but these guys are still feral with anyone but me. They hate coming in the house!

:laughing: I'd really like to, but I'm scared they won't like my home anymore when we come back! And maybe 16 other cats would scare them a little! There's only one new and Zoe and Tania are all on their guard!

14+kitties
January 24th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. Even with 16 mine would not like it if other ones were introduced. They are a pretty tight group. But I am sure they would adjust. They are still all babies themselves.
Were you ever told or have you read about the baby powder trick? I learned about it on here from one of our other members. Very smart lady. :) Anyway, rub baby powder on your hands then pet all of your kitties. Then they all smell the same. It helps get rid of that shelter/vet smell. It really does help with introductions. Maybe would smooth things out a little for you at your place.

Marilouwl
January 25th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Were you ever told or have you read about the baby powder trick? I learned about it on here from one of our other members. Very smart lady. :) Anyway, rub baby powder on your hands then pet all of your kitties. Then they all smell the same. It helps get rid of that shelter/vet smell. It really does help with introductions. Maybe would smooth things out a little for you at your place.

I never heard (or thought) about that and it's just brilliant! If I had known, it would have made things so much easier (next time I'll remember for sure!). The cats are now getting along well, I'm happy (well, Tania and Zoe are ignoring Maya, wich is good because they stopped hissing her! Maya never really cared about them, I think she knows they're still just babies!)