Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ultimate Animal Lover!

Nikki1
January 23rd, 2008, 08:36 AM
Hello to all!!! I am exactially what the title says. I have two very amazing dogs, and seven cats. I own 95 acres of enviromently protected property. Now working on building small dog kennels and rescue. Unfortunatly the reason why I'm hear is for some advise on my old boy (poodle, bishon mix) His back is worn out, and there's really not much a vet can do for him except for pretty intence pain pills. I was wondering if any of you would know of any home remedies that would help ease the muscle spasems that he now suffers from. This dog has been my best friend for over ten years now, and I would really appreciate any advise. THANX!!!!

jessi76
January 23rd, 2008, 08:56 AM
welcome!

have you tried to see or speak to a holistic vet? I wouldn't advise any home remedies over the internet - especially for a senior animal. it's not a wise idea. I think you should really see a professional about other options. does the dog have a specific condition (as opposed to just "worn out")? how old is the dog? what has been tried thus far? how many vets have you seen?

Nikki1
January 23rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
welcome!

have you tried to see or speak to a holistic vet? I wouldn't advise any home remedies over the internet - especially for a senior animal. it's not a wise idea. I think you should really see a professional about other options. does the dog have a specific condition (as opposed to just "worn out")? how old is the dog? what has been tried thus far? how many vets have you seen?

Holistic vet might actually be a good idea. The vertabre between three of the disc in his spine were damaged as a pup. He was a rescue dog. He had been thrown (not proven) off a third floor balcony at nine months old. Permant damage is now obvious in his senior years. Turning the wrong way now may result in him pinching a nerve. I will check out holistics! Thanks!

CearaQC
January 23rd, 2008, 12:22 PM
Acupuncture for dogs is also an option.

Nikki1
January 23rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
Acupuncture for dogs is also an option.

That's a neat thought! I would do anything for my Shaggy dog. He's 11 years old. I got him a nine months and in a very desperate situation. Do you know of anyone that does this procedure around the Peterborough ON area?