Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Here - Just saying hi.

Kashi
January 23rd, 2008, 07:50 AM
Hi Everyone. I'm new around these parts. I'm hoping to find y'all to be neighbourly and polite.

Anyhow - here's a little tidbit about me and mine :

I'm Kashi. I'm a full-time, at-home, homeschooling, mom of three younguns. My oldest has Asperger's Syndrome and life-threatening food allergies. My younger younguns seem to be both neurologically and medically 'normal'.

We're the human family to several critters :

- A 33-gallon freshwater aquarium, stocked with several silver mollies, red platies, and 1 pleco.

- Butterscotch, a pale orange/buff domestic medium-haired feline, born around All Hallows Eve of 1999. Female, spayed, with claws.

- Burble Brown & Burble Grey, a pair of male gerbils.

- Our newest addition is Pugsley. He is an 8-month old 'Puggle'. That's him you see in my avatar. We're currently working on saving the $$ to have him neutered, as he joined our family a few months earlier than we were planning on adding a canine friend.

I think that's about all about us.

hazelrunpack
January 23rd, 2008, 09:11 AM
Hi, Kashi! Welcome to the board.

Pugsley is a doll. :D When you are able (I think you need a few more posts) we'd love to see more (and bigger) pictures of all your fur- and scale-babies. :thumbs up

want4rain
January 23rd, 2008, 10:10 AM
and the skinned ones!!! as you can see from my signature i have skinned, furried and scaled buddies. :)

I'm hoping to find y'all to be neighbourly and polite.

as long as you arent indiscriminately breeding any of your furried pets or denying them veterinary care, things should stay peaceful. just be forewarned, our otherwise perfectly peaceful forum members will not hesitate to snap at the heels of back yard breeders and neglectful pet owners!!! :laughing:

welcome to pets.ca!!

-ash

luckypenny
January 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
**giggle**

Welcome to pets.ca Kashi!!! :D

You need 3 more posts before you can upload photos so get busy please :D .

Kashi
January 23rd, 2008, 11:10 AM
and the skinned ones!!! as you can see from my signature i have skinned, furried and scaled buddies. :)

as long as you arent indiscriminately breeding any of your furried pets or denying them veterinary care, things should stay peaceful. just be forewarned, our otherwise perfectly peaceful forum members will not hesitate to snap at the heels of back yard breeders and neglectful pet owners!!! :laughing:

welcome to pets.ca!!

-ash

No worries about indiscriminately breeding anything here - I'm a strong believer in spaying and neutering our pets. Pugsley will be 'fixed' (though I admit I do detest the term 'fixed' as there is nothing inherently wrong or broken with the animal to begin with) as soon as we have the money.

And he'll be kept on a leash outside our home, even in our yard - though it's fenced, it's not a strong fence (chicken wire style) and I don't trust it to hold him in.

want4rain
January 23rd, 2008, 11:14 AM
okaaaay!! thats 3 posts!!! PICTURES!!!!

-ash

luckypenny
January 23rd, 2008, 11:14 AM
2 more posts to go....:) .

When I first saw your avatar before reading your first post, I thought Pugsley was a fawn Dane mix :o :D . I think I was a little off :laughing: .

luckypenny
January 23rd, 2008, 11:15 AM
okaaaay!! thats 3 posts!!! PICTURES!!!!

-ash

:laughing: :laughing: What a coincidence!

Kashi
January 23rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
2 more posts to go....:) .

When I first saw your avatar before reading your first post, I thought Pugsley was a fawn Dane mix :o :D . I think I was a little off :laughing: .

:laughing:

While I think Dane's are nice looking animals - I cannot imagine trying to fit one into my 1500-sq-ft townhouse with 5 people, 1 cat, gerbils and fish; or into our postage-stamp sized backyard !

BAILEYSMUDGE
January 23rd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Sounds like quite a family you have there... I bet all hug needs are met...(well... except for the fish)... :laughing::laughing: Would love to see some pictures...?

Kashi
January 23rd, 2008, 12:00 PM
Sounds like quite a family you have there... I bet all hug needs are met...(well... except for the fish)... :laughing::laughing: Would love to see some pictures...?

Oh yes, we ARE a busy family. But I wouldn't trade it for the world !

I'll go to the photo forum and see about posting some pictures for y'all !