Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Our Turtle Earl = )

tonkamcd
January 22nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
here is a picture of our turtle earl = )

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii243/tonkamcd/phpZkGZG7PM.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii243/tonkamcd/php8LHlCyPM.jpg

Rainy
January 22nd, 2008, 08:13 PM
Wow!Earl is really really cute!Is he hard to care for?How huge is that tank?I'm nosy!lol

jiorji
January 22nd, 2008, 10:13 PM
aww your turtle is very cute:D

hazelrunpack
January 22nd, 2008, 11:04 PM
Earl is a very handsome turtle. :lovestruck: What kind is he?

rainbow
January 23rd, 2008, 03:58 AM
Cool turtle :cool: ....how old is he? :o

tonkamcd
January 27th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Earl is a fly river turtle, we have had him for about a year now, he's bigger now then he was in those pics lol, about the size of my hand, pretty much all the way out to the finger tips, in those pics he was about the size of my palm. We're not really sure how old he was when we got him, reasonably young im guessing but not sure exactly. His current tank is a 75 gallon, which I am just in the process of redecorating this week. He's uprooted most of the live plants lol, and since he's a fair bit bigger then before, I'm gonna have to take out a few of the larger rocks so he can bury himself under the sand like he wants to, plus I had to pick up more sand as every time i water change lol, i end up sucking some of the sand down the drain so had to pick up another 30 lbs of it this weekend. He's actually a heck of a lot easier to look after then the semiaquatic turtles like the sliders and stuff. Weekly water changes, are mostly it, and repairing the damage he makes to the decorations lol. He's not super picky about what he eats, so we do a combo of turtle pellets, larger fish pellets, and fresh veggies. We're pretty happy with him, and we're currently looking for our next tank upgrade lol, unsure if we can actually fit a 180 through our door at the moment, so we're thinking something around a 125 will be the next tank for him until we move, but we'll see, we may end up moving this year instead of next = )