Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Favorite toys

kit1469
January 22nd, 2008, 01:16 PM
ushually i post problems im having so i figured id put up something more fun lol ...

have u ever noticed how cats like the toys they "figure out themselves" the most ?? lol my tom kitty Cleo loves my hair ties ... i spent tons of money filling thier stocking on xmas with all toys imaginable and these are still thier favourite toys :D

CLEO
#1 - Hair ties .. cleo loves the way he can throw thwm and how they zing across the floor when he hits them ... hes ALWAYS steeling them from the bathroom .. i put up a hook on the wall hoping to save some of them .. but he just takes them from there lol .. i dont mind though its so cute when he comes trotting out with his prize in his mouth (one of the funiest things u will ever see ) and starts battiing it around :D :D

#2 - A childrens plush duck on a string.. its kinda like those kids ping pong paddles except its a plush duck on a string ..( my lil bro got it for my fiancee on his bday or something) when u bouce it cleo is there instatly trying his hardest to get it its great hahah ... the best thing is when he will pull it over too us so we can play with him lol sooo adorable

SATIS
#1 - PAPER!! haha u ball um a piece of paper and she is right there .. she loves to catch it in her paws when u throw it ( wich is alot of fun when im trying to clean off my desk and she is sitting in front of my garbage can ~theres no recyling program where i live or thats where it would be going just so u no..~ she hits every single one out of th air and onto the floor wich means i have to clean when im done cleaning :frustrated: but i dont mind that much its become kind of a game for us :D

#2 - the plastic that comes off my cigaret packages, she will sit and play forever with these whwn i ball them up for her .. it still means picking up aftr her later but who could say no to such a sweet girl lol

BOTH

thier number one favourtie toy is these sqishy foam balls i got from the dollar store ... :D they will play with them forever haha and they love to throw them (probably cuz they get stuck one thier paws :laughing: ) we have gotten hit in the face a couple of times by random flying objects :D the best thing though is when they care them in thier mouth :D :D they prance around as if they just caught them selves that Kangagroo/ mouse on sylvester and tweety :lovestruck: soooooo CUTE!!!!!!

ill try to get some pics for u guys but im ushually too busy laughing .. hope this gave u some ideas or just made u smile hehe id love to hear some toy stories of ur kitties or puppies .. have a good day :D

jessi76
January 22nd, 2008, 01:57 PM
isn't it funny, the pet toy industry is huge, and yet, they seem to prefer common household items instead. I have the same issue at my house, i could spend $ on cat toys, yet they choose to play w/ the plastic milk jug rings, balled up tinfoil, paper pieces, twist ties, elastics, pencils, ribbons, even dust bunnies! so I stopped buying cat toys long ago. (not to mention anything small like a cat toy would be scoffed down in a second by the dog!)

ancientgirl
January 22nd, 2008, 01:58 PM
Vlad loves bubbles. I have this catnip bubble thing and he goes nuts trying to pop the bubbles. He doesn't have any particular toy he likes, but if you wave something in front of him fast enough, he'll go for it.

Maks and Kiska, they pretty much play with anything and everything they see.

Oksana loves these sparkly feather things I buy, that are supposed to look like birds. She goes crazy for them. She's very reserved but she goes nuts as soon as she sees that. She also likes to roll and dig into the papers I have on the counter.

kit1469
January 22nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
lol i love how resoursefull cats are :D catnip bubbles?? please tell me more

14+kitties
January 22nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
My daughter's cat steals her hair thingys too.
On nice days I put a pile of cardboard boxes in the catuary for the kitties to play hide and seek in. They love pouncing out at each other from the boxes. Or even just sitting in them and watching the world go by. Orange juice rings, tin foil, paper, just about anything I know they can't chew apart too much and swallow are their best toys.
Just to be aware - twist ties are not the best toys for them. They have wire down the middle that could cause damage if injested.

jessi76
January 22nd, 2008, 02:12 PM
I had a bottle of catnip bubbles once - mine didn't care for them though. they don't make good bubbles. they tend to pop almost immediately after they're blown. (or I just bought a really crappy brand!)

tonkamcd
January 22nd, 2008, 02:15 PM
one of our cats loves to scratch and chew books = ( i don't like thinking of how many of mine she's ruined lol

ancientgirl
January 22nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
I had a bottle of catnip bubbles once - mine didn't care for them though. they don't make good bubbles. they tend to pop almost immediately after they're blown. (or I just bought a really crappy brand!)

It's the brand. I had bought some a while back that were great. Lots and lots of bubbles, big and small! I ran out, and the only kind they had at Petco was a brand called Cosmic Catnip Bubbles. They're terrible! I can't even get one bubble out of the little dispenser.

Poor Vlad was just sitting there waiting for a bubble but nothing. I can't remember which brand I had before, but I'll never buy the Cosmic Catnip again!

It's either the brand or maybe it had just been laying there for a long time. I'm going to buy more today and hopefully it will be the same kind I had before.

Ford Girl
January 22nd, 2008, 03:15 PM
They have a bubble machine at one of the day cares Dazy goes too...it blow peanut butter flavored bubbles for the doggies. :laughing: They love it! :lovestruck:

Pubert loves hair elastics and the plug for my bathroom sinks, he will steal those if he can, then I find them with teeth marks in them! He also swats anything loose off the coffee table...his own little game. Much to Dazy's liking, I find her with all kinds of things off the coffee table that I KNOW she didn't steal....They are a funny pair those two. :lovestruck:

Masha
January 22nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
:DWhat a great thread idea... I have plenty of examples

one of our cats loves to scratch and chew books = ( i don't like thinking of how many of mine she's ruined lol

I am with you on this one! Whenever i lie down to read, my cat shows up right away and starts chewing and scratching at the book. :rolleyes:

He also goes CRAZY for hair bands... i buy them in bulk becuase he steals all of mine and they end up getting lost or vacummed.

He also has a thing for erasers. I am currently studying for my designation and have to keep 4-5 erasers on the desk if i dont want to keep getting up and looking for it. He likes to knock them off the table and play soccer with them :) He is quite good.... :laughing:

I saved the best for last :D : He loves to chew on my pencil, but ONLY while i am writing with it :laughing: ...

babykitten
March 1st, 2008, 05:34 PM
my cats love to eat my leather hand bages and my hair ties too they love boxes and backpackes to sleep in lol :cat::)

dustybird
March 1st, 2008, 06:03 PM
Now why would cats want to play with toys made for them when there is household full of things not meant for them....lol.

I too have spent lots of money on different toys and of course intrest is lost almost right away.

Forest still likes his old crinkle balls...they can't be new...need to be washed in the water dish a few times first and then let to dry.

Stixx likes her mice but once she's chewed the tails off they're not as much fun.

Cardboard is always a fave and any flimsy plastic which must be confiscated as they try to eat it.

I think stixx's favorite toy though is dust/furr bunnies, she just goes squirrely pouncing on them in the kitchen and because he feet are furry she slips and slides all over the place...pretty funny.

I did luck out recently though and on a whim bought a toy called the Under Cover Mouse and they still love it, they ask to play with it. As it is battery opperated I have to turn it on for them. It's along the idea of attacking your hand under a blanket game....but saves your fingers and blankets from teeth and claw marks and keeps forest out of the kitchen when I am making dinner.