Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

wierd behavior

AMYAPC
January 21st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new and have a question, does anyone know why my Dog would suddenly start moving a full bowl of food around? He kind of paws at it and moves it before he starts eating. He just started doing it a couple months ago and I can't figure out why! He used to move his bowl so he can stand over the heater in the floor when I fed him in the kitchen, now he eats with me in the living room. Any ideas? Thanks!

tonkamcd
January 21st, 2008, 12:55 PM
I would say he's bored ! and it's Fun! especially if it gets any sort of reaction from mom !! lol sometimes it's a dogs way of getting your attention. other times i would say they just are bored and looking for something to do. You could try spicing things up for him, for example instead of just giving him a bowl of food, put a handful of kibble in a kong or one of those treat ball things, once he finishes that then he has "earned" his bowl, making him do tricks before putting food in his bowl again so that he has to "earn" his dinner. One day for my childhood dog, i decided that his food that day was going to be in the form of a scavenger hunt, and so i placed kibbles hidden all around the one floor of the house, and taught him to sniff them out. Its not something you have to do all the time for them, but heck, how do you feel if you eat the same thing day after day, the schedule and routine week after week, its fun to spice things up every now and then plus your his "pack" so he could want to share with you

AMYAPC
January 23rd, 2008, 08:10 AM
That makes sense, he does look at me a wag his tail when he does that, good idea with the kong, I will try it, thanks!