Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog has had infection since I got her at 6 weeks

1610 Lilly
January 21st, 2008, 12:04 PM
I got the most adorable Goldern Retreiver mix puppy from a local shelter. I took her immediately to meet my vet and have her checked over and set up for all she needed. He said she appeared to be a lucky healthy puppy. A few days later I noticed her urinating more frequently than I'd call normal. Ran her in with a sample and they said urinary tract infection. Put her on meds. At the end she seemed great. Few weeks later back to symptoms that made me think it was back. Back on meds. She's going to be 2 the end of June and has never gotten rid of this infection. My vet has tested her and called in other vets for consultation and all. When they went inside, her vaginal area was covered with small puss sacks. At this point she's on one antibiotic pill a week. She'd been on antibiotics with dosage of mulitple a day then down to the one a week. Has anybody ever had anything like this before. I just want to see her well and off these antibiotics. My vet has been trying to get answers but none so far.

phoozles
January 21st, 2008, 04:45 PM
Have you considered seeing another vet for another diagnosis? I had a situation where a vet couldn't figure out what was wrong with my cat - we took him to another vet and in minutes they narrowed down what was wrong with him. :shrug: