Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Crazy woman update

ancientgirl
January 21st, 2008, 08:08 AM
I went downstairs to tell Miguel what happened with the crazy old bag yesterday. While I was waiting for him I couldn't find Czarina. I looked and looked but didn't see her. I was starting to get nervous when I saw her looking down at me from the second floor of the next building. LOL, she waits for Miguel to finish his morning rounds on the second floor.

My next door neighbor saw me and we started talking. Then she saw Czarina and asked me what had happened. I told her the story about how she got away from me and how Miguel was going to take her but we all got scared she might run away and try to get back here. Then I told her about the incident that happened yesterday.

When I told her I'd come down and some woman who was smoking and standing at the base of the stairwell with her dog, she said "Oh, that's Linda, she's crazy."

She told me she never puts her dogs on a leash and they've fined her many many times for that. Right there I realized this woman is not right in the head and has nothing better to do than stir up crap.

When Miguel got there I related the story to him. He told me the same thing. He said she's nuts. That he and Rene did indeed take out a sofa from her apartment that was filled with a rats nest. But she's got dogs, why didn't they alert her there was a rat in the house?

That her story about rats being here because of the little food people leave for the cats is bull, and that story about a dog dying if they ate cat food is also bull. It's not good for them, but they aren't going to die if they have a few bites, and since she never leashes her dog, her dog comes and eats the food for the cats.

I told him that I told her she should keep her dog leashed. I think after I'd said that she realized I wasn't going to back down from her, and that's why every thing she'd say I'd knock down with an intelligent remark.

I then told Miguel that if she tried to cause trouble at the office and they said not to feed the cats anymore or tried to get them out of here, to put her in the carrier and take her to my apartment.

He told me not to worry, that if ever it came down to something like that, he would. But he said I have nothing to worry about. The office manager hates her. He doesn't pay any attention to anything she says because they all want so badly for her to just get out of there. He hates talking to her and whenever he has the chance he does is fines her whenever he sees she's not leashed her dog and leaves it to run in the areas not designated to walk the dogs.

This sounds bad but it made me feel much better knowing that she's not only a little nuts but she's pretty much hated by most of the people there. At least I know if she tried to make a stink about anything nobody would listen to her.

14+kitties
January 21st, 2008, 10:07 AM
See... no problems! :thumbs up

Longblades
January 21st, 2008, 10:10 AM
Well, I read your first post and it seemed to me, following the conversation you had with the crazy lady, that she did seem to come around to agreeing with you.

It is sad. Probably she is not responsible for her actions and is doing the best she can. All you can do is watch out for her and avoid as best you can. If you are feeling really, incredibly magnaninous perhaps she could use a friend.

The clinic cat at a new Vets I just started going to was rescued when her owner, a man of some mental deficiency, had broken her leg. He did that while dragging the poor cat from out behind some furniture where she was hiding from him. I don't know the whole story but the man's family supported him while he lived on his own and he loved the cat desperately. But he was unable to judge when he was being too rough with her and the Vet Clinic persuaded him to give her up. It is just so sad that he can't have his cat, safely.

I don't know why, but I'm wondering if your lady might be in a bit of same boat?

Jim Hall
January 21st, 2008, 10:16 AM
It's not good for them, but they aren't going to die if they have a few bites, and since she never leashes her dog, her dog comes and eats the food for the cats

lol when i had a menagerie of cats a dogs they would psss each other to sample each others food didnt hurt em at all

ancientgirl
January 21st, 2008, 10:24 AM
See... no problems! :thumbs up

Thank goodness!

ancientgirl
January 21st, 2008, 10:29 AM
Well, I read your first post and it seemed to me, following the conversation you had with the crazy lady, that she did seem to come around to agreeing with you.

It is sad. Probably she is not responsible for her actions and is doing the best she can. All you can do is watch out for her and avoid as best you can. If you are feeling really, incredibly magnaninous perhaps she could use a friend.

The clinic cat at a new Vets I just started going to was rescued when her owner, a man of some mental deficiency, had broken her leg. He did that while dragging the poor cat from out behind some furniture where she was hiding from him. I don't know the whole story but the man's family supported him while he lived on his own and he loved the cat desperately. But he was unable to judge when he was being too rough with her and the Vet Clinic persuaded him to give her up. It is just so sad that he can't have his cat, safely.

I don't know why, but I'm wondering if your lady might be in a bit of same boat?

I think she agreed with me because she realized I wasn't going to back down from her. The good thing is she didn't get nasty, which is why I also kept my cool. No need to get nasty if there is a calm conversation going on.

I don't know if she is nuts. I do know that she's not very friendly and she seems to like to cause all sorts of trouble. Miguel told me that the manager asked her once to please just leash the dogs, that she wouldn't be fined so much then. She said she would rather pay the fines and let her dogs run free. That's all fine, and I know many people want their pets to be able to run free outdoors with no dangers, but she lives in a community where other people live. And where there are kids. If her dog bites someone, she's going to have a world of trouble.

I think she just doesn't care what other people think.

If I see her again and she's cordial to me, I'll certainly be cordial back. I'm thinking she might just had wanted attention.

Jim Hall
January 21st, 2008, 10:34 AM
Sometimes people especiiallly with defecient social skills will try to engage in conversation in a way that seems confrontational but raelly isnt
they just want some attention and some interaction. I feel bad for her,she doesnt seem to be a problem just a confused soul.

ancientgirl
January 21st, 2008, 10:41 AM
Sometimes people especiiallly with defecient social skills will try to engage in conversation in a way that seems confrontational but raelly isnt
they just want some attention and some interaction. I feel bad for her,she doesnt seem to be a problem just a confused soul.

You're probably right, but unfortunately, confronting people in that way isn't going to help her gain any friends.

From now on I'll try to just avoid her. This time she was somewhat "friendly" but if she does have issues, who's to say she'll be friendly next time.

CearaQC
January 21st, 2008, 10:53 AM
Makes me wonder if crazy lady picked up her sofa from the curb after someone else dumped it. Then maybe that would answer for the rats.

I know people dump their furniture on the sidewalks there. At least my friend in South Beach used to get furniture that way when he was broke and re dumped it back on the street after he got new furniture. lol

ancientgirl
January 21st, 2008, 11:29 AM
That could very well be her problem. I mean, that and maybe she just doesn't keep the place clean. Rats don't just show up, they are attracted by food. She's got dogs, so she might even be feeding her dogs outside on her patio, who's to say rats don't come and eat their food. Besides, how did they get into her apartment? I don't leave my doors open, so unless there's some hole in my apartment I don't know about that's big enough to get an rat in there, I have to count on my hunters to get rid of them. Thank goodness they've all got their vaccinations and rabies shots.

Still, I doubt there are the amount of rats she's talking about.