Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A Leo's day

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 05:24 PM
We made arrangment to go see the Leo's that we fell in love with in the fall. What a beautiful day for a drive, a bit cold but well worth it IMO..Upon our arrival the Leo's were all relaxing in the big back yard of there home in the mountains.

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 05:30 PM
their coats needed a good brushing after so many snow falls and play sessions..how could I refuse since all the leo's gave me so many kisses..

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM
After a couple of hours we took a break to give them treats, oooo they liked that part..

jiorji
January 20th, 2008, 05:37 PM
hhehe when you said you brushed them and then you posted the pic of the little girl i thought "my...what kinda of anti aging cream do YOU use??" :laughing::laughing:

they all look so cuddly and fluffy :cloud9:

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Gagone, a bit shy not sure of herself

George, a bit cranky but such a sweet heart.

Jolie, bit indepentant

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Charlette, very loving, loves to cuddle

Honey, very friendly, and loves the attention, she does not know she is an adult lol lol

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 05:45 PM
hhehe when you said you brushed them and then you posted the pic of the little girl i thought "my...what kinda of anti aging cream do YOU use??" :laughing::laughing:

they all look so cuddly and fluffy :cloud9:

jiorji when I looked at the pictures of me brushing them I just could not post them..the camera is not nice to me.. OMG I look old!!!!and ugly so I thought that the leo's needed the spot light!!

jiorji
January 20th, 2008, 05:51 PM
jiorji when I looked at the pictures of me brushing them I just could not post them..the camera is not nice to me.. OMG I look old!!!!and ugly so I thought that the leo's needed the spot light!!

:eek: you so don't look old !!

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Once Gagone finally warmed up, she would not stop giving kisses. She would bump you head until you took notice of her then she would kiss you..

With all the love Honey gets and the head rubs from so many people, she has big matts behind her ears.. She waited patently until we got the matts out, it took two of us to get the matt out!!!!! but it was sweet love

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 06:10 PM
:eek: you so don't look old !!

that is very kind of you to say :o

jiorji
January 20th, 2008, 06:14 PM
George is my favorite! :cloud9: so big and i love his curly coat :lovestruck:

Frenchy
January 20th, 2008, 06:24 PM
They are gorgeous dogs Breeze ! :cloud9: I think George looks like my Sam, look at the butt full of fur and the hair on the ears .... :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
January 20th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Wow, George looks like a lion! What coat! They are all so beautiful.

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Wow, George looks like a lion! What coat! They are all so beautiful.

yup that is what they are supose to look like, when they are brushed they have a main like a lion and thick!!!!:eek: Georges tail is as thick as half my arm!!!!

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 06:30 PM
They are gorgeous dogs Breeze ! :cloud9: I think George looks like my Sam, look at the butt full of fur and the hair on the ears .... :lovestruck:

like your sam they are pussycats!!:cloud9::lovestruck:

rainbow
January 20th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Oh, they are sooo gorgeous. :cloud9: I can't believe how still they stay when you brush them..... with all that fur, it's amazing. :D What kind of brush was that you were using? And, did you get any husky pics? :fingerscr :o

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Oh, they are sooo gorgeous. :cloud9: I can't believe how still they stay when you brush them..... with all that fur, it's amazing. :D What kind of brush was that you were using? And, did you get any husky pics? :fingerscr :o

the brush was part rake part furminator, a 2 in one.. the rake, the ends are rounded so that the dogs are more comfy with it..

no pictures of the huskeys today:sad: the owner just came back from where she kept them and was to cold to go back.. next time I go up she is taking me on a sheld ride with the huskeys so I will get pictures then..

BAILEYSMUDGE
January 20th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Ok, I have cats ... I've never heard of "Leo's"... but...my my..they are big and huggable... the brushing part must be like a full-time job....??

rainbow
January 20th, 2008, 06:44 PM
no pictures of the huskeys today:sad: the owner just came back from where she kept them and was to cold to go back.. next time I go up she is taking me on a sheld ride with the huskeys so I will get pictures then..

I'm soooo jealous .....lucky, lucky you. :cloud9: :cloud9:

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Ok, I have cats ... I've never heard of "Leo's"... but...my my..they are big and huggable... the brushing part must be like a full-time job....??

goggle leonberger, they truly are pussycats, so gentle....
with any thick coated breed a daily brushing is required.. you kinda have to make it a daily routen other wise it CAN get out of hand....

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I'm soooo jealous .....lucky, lucky you. :cloud9: :cloud9:

she has soooooooo many huskeys.. I'm trying to figure out how she has time for all of them!!:eek:

she resused one today from a shelter, she was asleep in the back of the truck cause the huskey refused to come inside, she was very nervious.. you should have seen her BEAUTIFUL.. we keep checking on her every 1/2 hour -an hour.... she was sooo happy sleeping in the truck....:cloud9:the shelter was going to p.h.t.s. unless someone took her..:sad: but it ended happy. she now has a home..

clm
January 20th, 2008, 06:58 PM
yup that is what they are supose to look like, when they are brushed they have a main like a lion and thick!!!!:eek: Georges tail is as thick as half my arm!!!!

They are such beautiful dogs. But if you want to see a mane on a dog, Keeshonden have manes. Can't even see Baxters feet overhaning the bench in the first shot, his mane hides them. :laughing: He's not even in full coat yet.

BAILEYSMUDGE
January 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM
I love happy endings :lovestruck:
Leonbergers.. okay... I'll look them up...
Bet they go through alot of food in one day...??

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 07:03 PM
I love happy endings :lovestruck:
Leonbergers.. okay... I'll look them up...
Bet they go through alot of food in one day...??

depending on what you do with them.. and how many you have.. if you excerise them alot they eat a little more.. they eat about 3-4 cups of good quality food.. not much more than your average doggie

now if you have 8 doggies like Hazelrun pack well you do the math

4cups X eight..

other wise it is 1 or 2 dogs X 3-4 cups a day..

ancientgirl
January 20th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Their faces are so sweet too. I've never heard of that breed, but they are just lovely.

rainbow
January 20th, 2008, 07:15 PM
she resused one today from a shelter, she was asleep in the back of the truck cause the huskey refused to come inside, she was very nervious.. you should have seen her BEAUTIFUL.. we keep checking on her every 1/2 hour -an hour.... she was sooo happy sleeping in the truck....:cloud9:the shelter was going to p.h.t.s. unless someone took her..:sad: but it ended happy. she now has a home..

I could have seen her if you had taken a pic. :yell: :D

And, I'm really happy to hear that she now has a forever home. :cloud9:

Frenchy
January 20th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Is it me or they don't look like hyper dogs ? 3-4 cups a day for that large dog is pretty good ! What will she be doing when they get too old to breed ? :rolleyes: :goodvibes: :p

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Is it me or they don't look like hyper dogs ? 3-4 cups a day for that large dog is pretty good ! What will she be doing when they get too old to breed ? :rolleyes: :goodvibes: :p

no no they are not hyper at all...she will keep all the dogs until they die, she will never give up on them (if that is what you mean).. she is not sure how long she will stay in the breeding busness, maybe 2-3 more years then after that just sit back and enjoy the doggies..:cloud9:

sorry Rainbow:sad::sad: she was soo nervious i did not want to make her any more nervious

growler~GateKeeper
January 20th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Great Pics Breeze - of you & the dogs :cloud9:

Ahhhh *sigh* fuzzy dogs :cloud9:

rainbow
January 20th, 2008, 07:25 PM
sorry Rainbow:sad::sad: she was soo nervious i did not want to make her any more nervious

That's understandable. :o

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 07:30 PM
They are such beautiful dogs. But if you want to see a mane on a dog, Keeshonden have manes. Can't even see Baxters feet overhaning the bench in the first shot, his mane hides them. :laughing: He's not even in full coat yet.

that IS one great main!!!!!!!! :lovestruck:

Frenchy
January 20th, 2008, 07:32 PM
she will never give up on them (if that is what you mean)..

Nope , what I meant was , I want to adopt George :yell:

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 07:38 PM
everybody that visits wants to adopt george.... george is one of her favorites, he is retired and is living in luxury....he is 8 years old now and showing signs of his age :sad::sad:

happycats
January 20th, 2008, 08:30 PM
OMG I just love Leonbergers!!! Being there must hae been like a piece of heaven:cloud9: You must have had an amazing time with them......George is such a sweety!!:lovestruck:

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 08:41 PM
OMG I just love Leonbergers!!! Being there must hae been like a piece of heaven:cloud9: You must have had an amazing time with them......George is such a sweety!!:lovestruck:

I did not want to come home .. and I only got half way thought brushing honey :eek: soooo I will just have to go back to finish :D

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2008, 09:01 PM
They're such magnificent dogs! :lovestruck: I love the leo kissies. :cloud9:

I can see where the coat would need daily attention. Does Bree's coat also need brushing every day? :D

breeze
January 20th, 2008, 09:08 PM
They're such magnificent dogs! :lovestruck: I love the leo kissies. :cloud9:

I can see where the coat would need daily attention. Does Bree's coat also need brushing every day? :D

at first when I used the furminator, it was crazy, so many bags of fur :eek:
then after that 15 mintue brushing is all that is needed.. there is a small amount of shedding now with bree's

I would imagine it would be the same for a leo.. don't let it get away from you and you should be fine..

I can go 2-3 days without brushing bree's..

Bearsmom
January 21st, 2008, 10:54 AM
Oh my goodness, dh and I LOVE the Leos. Breeders are VERY hard to find....can you let me know if/when she's planning a litter?

Thanks for the pictures, they're just beautiful!

Ford Girl
January 21st, 2008, 01:35 PM
Oh, these dogs are so cute, just wantt o hug them all.

So.....did you put your name on the list???? Did'ja? Did'ja?

TeriM
January 21st, 2008, 01:46 PM
They are all so gorgeous :cloud9:. So, did you officially register for a puppy this year :D?

chewie324
February 10th, 2008, 04:11 AM
I met my first Leo in 2001 and my first Leo baby came home with me in Sept of 2002. Chewie will be 6 in July and has been my Soul-dog. I have completely fallen in love with the breed eventhough I have had so many health issues with Chewie. I lost his brother, yoda at the age of 3 to bone cancer and am still dealing with all of Chewie's health issues. I have a new boy, will, he is 15 months right now...Koda. He has been quite a joy and a wonderful little brother to Chewie.

I can't imagine not having at least one Leo in the house....two is better.

Cindy, Chewie and Koda

hazelrunpack
February 10th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I met my first Leo in 2001 and my first Leo baby came home with me in Sept of 2002. Chewie will be 6 in July and has been my Soul-dog. I have completely fallen in love with the breed eventhough I have had so many health issues with Chewie. I lost his brother, yoda at the age of 3 to bone cancer and am still dealing with all of Chewie's health issues. I have a new boy, will, he is 15 months right now...Koda. He has been quite a joy and a wonderful little brother to Chewie.

I can't imagine not having at least one Leo in the house....two is better.

Cindy, Chewie and Koda

Hey, welcome to the board, Cindy!

You ought to start a thread in the "Introduce Yourself" forum so we can bug you for pictures of Chewie and Koda! We can always use a few Leos on board... :D