Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Why does my gsd take his ball and put in corners???

heidiho
June 9th, 2004, 06:30 PM
When Damien has his ball he likes to drop it behind the toilet,or between the frig and the wall,places that make it difficult for him to get it back on his own,but he keeps doing it??? It is weird,but he loves doing it,or like under the bed,then he will sit there and cry i will get it from under the bed and he will keep doing it......hhmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: :cool:

Lucky Rescue
June 9th, 2004, 06:34 PM
It's instinctive for dogs to hide their treasures. My dog stuffs her bones in the back of the sofa, in my bed..etc. :rolleyes:

heidiho
June 9th, 2004, 06:41 PM
OK!!! Well i kind of new they like to bury things,he just seems to get so aggravated,but keeps doing it,it is funny to watch...

glasslass
June 9th, 2004, 06:57 PM
He's doing it for you to interact with him. I had a dog that made quite a game out of that and would woof at us if we didn't jump up to help him. Like "ok now I can't get it so you have to". :p

melanie
June 9th, 2004, 07:20 PM
just another Q, why is it that big charlie likes little spaces?? it baffels me sometimes. she likes to get into the smallest cramped corners for a sleep, or behind the couch and loves it, we have had to put extra bed behind chair so she can be a bit comfy, she also loves to crawl under tables and watch the goings on (she has big beds everywhere and uses them often but spends her days in little spaces) and if she cant fit the she will stick her legs or body parts under it?? we used to hitch hike alot and she was in some pretty tight spots and was happy with it,is it because he likes to be protected with her back against the wall or just habbit?? any ideas :D

glasslass
June 9th, 2004, 07:27 PM
I would imagine it's an instinctive thing - like having her own cozy den?

Karin
June 9th, 2004, 08:12 PM
When Damien has his ball he likes to drop it behind the toilet,or between the frig and the wall,places that make it difficult for him to get it back on his own,but he keeps doing it??? It is weird,but he loves doing it,or like under the bed,then he will sit there and cry i will get it from under the bed and he will keep doing it......hhmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: :cool:

1.) He's still a kid and he 's trying to engage you in his type of play too.

2.) What LR said. All dog's are allowed their own prize possession's. Cat's too. What is important to them must be dealt with ...in their own way. Play for the most part. Ciara has manymanymanymany, did I mention many toys?
A few are treasured and off limits to me. ( I can take them anytime, and she knows it) I respect her space and let her place these special treasures where ever she wants., until it's time to do her laundry.

Yes, she has her own set of sheets, pillow cases and blankies. Oh, and towels!

*did I say "blankies" out loud?*

heidiho
June 10th, 2004, 09:29 AM
It is so cute,god he is just so funny...Well wow he is getting much more comfy,last night i was sitting on the floor writing out bills on the coffee table and he actually ate his bone right beside me,with one leg on mine,he NEVER does that,i was so happy.................... :) :D :) :D :p

anniebananie
June 11th, 2004, 12:45 PM
OK - why does my JR put her biscuit in the middle of the room - walk round it *nosing* it, as if she was putting earth on it, and then walk away? The other JR comes and eats it - then the first one cannot find it!!! DURH :p I also once had a King Charles Cavalier that would hide her spare biscuits in one of our many, many bookcases - we found loads, long after she died!!! :D If anyone has answers - please tell me?

Karin
June 11th, 2004, 01:03 PM
OK - why does my JR put her biscuit in the middle of the room - walk round it *nosing* it, as if she was putting earth on it, and then walk away? The other JR comes and eats it - then the first one cannot find it!!! DURH :p I also once had a King Charles Cavalier that would hide her spare biscuits in one of our many, many bookcases - we found loads, long after she died!!! :D If anyone has answers - please tell me?

I have hid things before, only *I* know where they are and I'm not tellin'!