Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cats alone all day and many nights ???

dee52
June 9th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Hi,

New here today, and am concerned about something. I'm recently separated from my husband and had to leave my 2 cats with him. What makes me feel so bad is that he works all day, then goes to his brother's house after work to work on cars, and many week-ends he goes to the races. Most nights, he doesn't get home until 10:00 or 11:00.

He does love em up and play with them when he gets home, and feeds them well .. leaving lots of dry food and fresh water, but still, I feel SO bad that they're alone all day and many nights by themselves. One good thing I guess, is that they DO have each other.

I tried bringing them here with me in this tiny apt. .. but they were born and raised in a farm house .... with lots of room to run, mice to catch and places to explore .. while they were here, there was nothing to do, and each noise they heard in the hallway scared them to death. It's so quiet where they are, and I know they're happier in the country.

Here .... it's very noisy and only 2 small rooms. Also, while here, they cried constantly and shook all over, threw up and were a bag of nerves. I just couldn't do it to them .. so I had my husband take them back. He loves them, and is very good to them ... it's just that they're alone so often.

Do you think they're ok?

PS: they're indoor cats and are both spayed. 1 1/2 years old and sisters.

Dee

Lucky Rescue
June 9th, 2004, 01:31 PM
If they are well treated, loved and fed and have each other, I would say this isn't so bad. I know lots of cats who would call this heaven!

Some cats are more independant than others, and although these two probably miss having a lot of human attention, if they are bonded they can play, groom each other and sleep together. I'm glad there are two of them.:)

chico2
June 9th, 2004, 03:46 PM
I tend to agree with Lucky,if they are in a familiar place,with a person who loves them I think they will be ok,they are not alone,they have each other,so don't worry :p