Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A few new pictures of the Fantastic Four

ancientgirl
January 19th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I haven't posted any pictures in a while so I thought I'd download a few nice images I managed to get of my babies.

Vlad thinks this is what you mean by surfing the web.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/013-1.jpg

Okana, being all statuesque.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/018-2.jpg

I went to Petco yesterday and they had a DVD on sale called Cat Sitter. As you can see, Maks and Kiska are enthralled.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/021-2.jpg

ancientgirl
January 19th, 2008, 01:56 PM
And here are my sleeping kitties

Vlad on the big plastic box I keep the Christmas stuff in. Yes, I still haven't put it away. I've got to get some kind of bench for behind the couch, Vlad likes to sleep there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/037-1.jpg

Maks in on of his favorite spots.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/038-1.jpg

LOL, Oksana in one of her favorite spots too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/040-2.jpg

allymack
January 19th, 2008, 01:59 PM
so cute!:cloud9::lovestruck: i love the pictures of them sleeping in the little round hollow parts! they are all squished up and look so comfy!

ancientgirl
January 19th, 2008, 02:02 PM
And Tiny Miss, Kiska.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/039-1.jpg

I spoke to Rene this morning. We were talking about Czarina and how happy she is. He'd told me about his reservations about Miguel taking her to his home and her getting out and trying to come back. Rene said he would hate to have anything happen to her, and that he missed her as well.

They have her little pyramid bed set up in their office and she goes in and out as she pleases. I also talked to Rene about what to do with her during Hurricane Season. He said if there was any threat of a storm coming our way, he and Miguel would put her in their office and let her ride the storm in there. Their office is well built, no windows so there is no danger of any glass breaking or any damage. I was glad they had already thought of that, it solidified my earlier feelings about how much they care about her too.

ancientgirl
January 19th, 2008, 02:04 PM
so cute!:cloud9::lovestruck: i love the pictures of them sleeping in the little round hollow parts! they are all squished up and look so comfy!

They have to take turns on that one, since it's only one. But I'm going to look for a kitty condo that has a couple since they ALL seem to really like it.

jiorji
January 19th, 2008, 02:37 PM
hahah i love them watching tv

ancientgirl
January 19th, 2008, 02:54 PM
The DVD is actually kind of neat. It gives you a loop option, so I can leave it on for them all day. It has birds, butterflies, mice, squirrel, you can hear chirping too.

Maks was just enthralled by it, and once Kiska saw it too, she was all, "Hey what's that?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/The%20Fantastic%20Four/020-1.jpg

Just before the camera took the shot, Kiska had her little paw around Maks' shoulder. My stupid camera has this delay that drives me nuts.

Dracko
January 19th, 2008, 02:59 PM
So cute. :cloud9:

And, boy, does Maks ever have a loooooooooooooooooong tail. :eek:

BAILEYSMUDGE
January 19th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Gee.. you know I've heard about those videos... must try to get one... my boys are interested in the TV... sometimes they sit and watch when I'm watching... would love to give them a video of their own though... I don't know about leaving it on all day... it wouldn't be good for the TV...and they can be pretty costly..... Cats always look so comfy when they're curled up and sleeping, don't they?? :cloud9:

ancientgirl
January 19th, 2008, 03:41 PM
So cute. :cloud9:

I think Maks might surpass Vlad in size. He's about 6 months old and he's already the same size in height as Oksana. She's a small kitty, but she's about 10 months old.

ancientgirl
January 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Gee.. you know I've heard about those videos... must try to get one... my boys are interested in the TV... sometimes they sit and watch when I'm watching... would love to give them a video of their own though... I don't know about leaving it on all day... it wouldn't be good for the TV...and they can be pretty costly..... Cats always look so comfy when they're curled up and sleeping, don't they?? :cloud9:

I actually leave my TV on all day, just so they hear it and don't feel so alone here. I've been doing that for almost 5 years and my TV works just as good as it did when I bought it. And it's not really that costly on the power bill either.

14+kitties
January 19th, 2008, 05:06 PM
As gorgeous as ever I see. ;) My daughter has that dvd. She says Eve watches it constantly. It's good for her because they are gone so much during the day.
Have the gang shown any sign of missing Czarina yet? I know you said Vlad went looking for her the other day.

ancientgirl
January 19th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I've been wanting that DVD for a while. I'll be gone for the next two coming weekends taking some classes at the community college, so I'll be out from 8:00 am to 6:00pm. I wanted to get them something that would interest them and keep them from knowing I'm gone so long.

Well, I've noticed that they are all now hanging out downstairs. They'd stopped doing that when Czarina was here. They all seem less stressed. Vlad has been meowing a bit more than usual still. He's not a meower. He's a pretty quiet cat. I rescheduled his wellness exam. I'd made one for him and Oksana for February, but just to ease my mind, I'm taking him on Monday. It's easier to take them one at a time now anyway. He's over 10 pounds and Oksana is 8, so it's pretty hard schlepping those two to the vet.

kit1469
January 19th, 2008, 06:19 PM
u have such GORGEOUS cats .... its cool to know that those videos are worth getting i was concidering getting one but wasnt sure if its worth it i leave the tv on for my cats when i go out too ....

14+kitties
January 19th, 2008, 06:33 PM
We leave the TV on all the time for my toy poodle too. She doesn't necessarily watch it, it's just background noise. But hubby thinks it makes it easier for her to accept we are gone for a while. :rolleyes: She's not spoiled at all. Nope.

ancientgirl
January 19th, 2008, 06:49 PM
u have such GORGEOUS cats .... its cool to know that those videos are worth getting i was concidering getting one but wasnt sure if its worth it i leave the tv on for my cats when i go out too ....

Thank you. Vlad and Oksana have grown into very beautiful cats, and I know Maks and Kiska will be right on their heels too.

I actually started leaving my TV on since I moved out on my own. I guess in an odd way, I felt that if anyone ever broke in while I was gone, they would hear the TV and think there was someone home.

ancientgirl
January 19th, 2008, 06:52 PM
We leave the TV on all the time for my toy poodle too. She doesn't necessarily watch it, it's just background noise. But hubby thinks it makes it easier for her to accept we are gone for a while. :rolleyes: She's not spoiled at all. Nope.

I've always left my TV on, and when I used to work at home I'd do it too, because you just get so used to some background noise and not so much quiet.

When I brought Vlad home, I'd read that leaving a radio or TV on for your pet while you're gone helps make it easier when your gone for long periods of time.

Spoiled kitties and puppies of the world unite!:laughing::cat::dog:

growler~GateKeeper
January 20th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Cute pics, love the Statuesque Oksana shot :cloud9:

That's what I thought when I saw that too. :eek:

hazelrunpack
January 20th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Cute pics, ancientgirl! They're all looking shiny and healthy! :cloud9: I think you have a bunch of TV junkies on your hands! That one of Vlad surfing is a hoot! :laughing:

Dracko
January 20th, 2008, 02:22 AM
I've always left a TV on for my animals, too. Typically I just leave one on when I go out but if one isn't on, I actually turn the one in the upstairs livingroom (on the way out the door) on. :o I even think about what channel to leave it on depending on whether it is a weekday or weekend. :D

ancientgirl
January 20th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I usually leave Animal Planet on for them.

ancientgirl
January 20th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Cute pics, love the Statuesque Oksana shot :cloud9:

That's what I thought when I saw that too. :eek:

He really does have a long tail. And he's got these huge paws. I wonder if that's any indication of how big he'll be.

ancientgirl
January 20th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Cute pics, ancientgirl! They're all looking shiny and healthy! :cloud9: I think you have a bunch of TV junkies on your hands! That one of Vlad surfing is a hoot! :laughing:

He came out very cute in that picture. For some reason he loves laying on my laptop.

14+kitties
January 20th, 2008, 09:57 AM
It would be the heat from the laptop that he likes. My daughter's kitty does the same thing.

marko
January 20th, 2008, 10:49 AM
wow i love these pics ancientgirl! The ones of them at the T.v are precious! :highfive:

Frenchy
January 20th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I went to Petco yesterday and they had a DVD on sale called Cat Sitter. As you can see, Maks and Kiska are enthralled.

:laughing: I love that one , lucky kitties :cat:

ancientgirl
January 20th, 2008, 11:16 AM
wow i love these pics ancientgirl! The ones of them at the T.v are precious! :highfive:

I wish my camera wasn't so slow. A picture of Kiska with her paw around Maks' shoulder would have been cute.

ancientgirl
January 20th, 2008, 11:18 AM
:laughing: I love that one , lucky kitties :cat:

I've seen these DVD's on TV being advertised. I think there's more than one, but I know they cost close to $15. I managed to get this one for about half that.