Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Litter

BAILEYSMUDGE
January 17th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Hello... has anyone had any problems with Maxi-Cat clumping litter?? I started Bailey :cat: and Smudge :cat: on it... in one week... Bailey became very constipated... (he's better now...the Pumpkin-Cure)... I've changed the litter back to the regular clay cheapie kind...

clm
January 17th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I've never used clumping litter, always afraid of the cats ingesting it when they clean their paws. It should never be used with kittens.
I use the Maxi cat multiple cat litter, but the non clumping type.

Cindy

TeriM
January 17th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I would give the feline fresh clumping pine cat litter a try. I love this product. I tried the wheat clumping kind but Lucy (dog) thought it was pretty tasty so I had to switch. It is all natural, flushable and works great :thumbs up.

growler~GateKeeper
January 18th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Or the Feline Fresh Pine Pellets Litter (http://www.planetwiseproducts.com/feline.htm) :thumbs up that's my vote

One major problem with any type/brand of clay litter is the silica dust even if it claims 99.9% free - that's a load of bull. Not only are your cats inhaling the carcinogenic dust everytime they use the litterbox, but so are you & everyone in your house.

sugarcatmom
January 18th, 2008, 08:21 AM
My other big beef with clay litter (along with the dust) is how nasty it is for the environment. It's acquired by strip-mining, and is not biodegradable.