Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

OMG, he's not okay!

vfrohloff
January 15th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Some of you have been following my thread about Benny, my Greyhound. He's been grumpy around the baby and I've found him a new home which he was going to next week after I get his teeth cleaned. However, I got home from work last night and noticed that he was shaking his head a bit. He's had ear infections before but this was different. Anyway, after speaking with the lady from Greyhound rescue and discussing the re-homing plans, I went to bed. I got up this morning and Benny was not okay, he was shaking his head a lot, and he seemed weak in the hind end and didn't eat his breakfast. I took him to the vet early this afternoon and we're still waiting for test results, but she seems to think he may have had a stroke! :sad: Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? We're waiting for blood work and then we'll see if the vet thinks he needs a brain scan. :pray: I hope he's ok, but I'm pretty sure he's nearing the end of his days in which case he'll stay here until the end. :sad: I'm so sad, but this would explain all of his erratic behavior lately.

Frenchy
January 15th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I'm so sorry :sad: how old is he ? I think he can pull through this , why do you think his end is near ?

H.P.
January 15th, 2008, 07:22 PM
:grouphug: I hope that Benny is ok! Happy Thoughts are coming your way.

Kristin7
January 15th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Oh no, I hope this isn't too serious! :grouphug:

Lukka'sma
January 15th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I really hope this is not as serious as you think it could be. Perhaps the tests will not show anything too bothersome.:fingerscr

14+kitties
January 15th, 2008, 10:53 PM
:fingerscr for good test results. :goodvibes: coming your way.

Love4himies
January 16th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Oh no, hope it is nothing serious.:pray:

rjesak
January 16th, 2008, 07:58 AM
That's so scary! Keep your head up. :grouphug::grouphug:

the gang
January 16th, 2008, 03:30 PM
any news on benny???? brenda and the pins.

vfrohloff
January 16th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Well, he's home for now. They didn't find any underlying cause of the stroke; it's sometimes caused by kidney or liver failure but that's not the case with Benny. However, he's 10 years old and the vet isn't sure what his chances of recovery are. He ate a bit tonight which is good, but his behavior is strange and he's unsteady on his feet so we'll just have to wait a bit and see how he does.

BusterBoo
January 16th, 2008, 06:42 PM
:pray: I am so sorry that Benny isn't well, I hope he gets back to his normal self soon! :grouphug:

ancientgirl
January 16th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I'm so sorry for Benny. I hope he is able to recover and live what time he does have left happily. At least he will be with you. I'm glad you aren't going to rehome him.