Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A good idea for unruly hair!

krdahmer
January 15th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I have unruly, wavy, sometimes curly, and always frizzy hair:frustrated:. I had given up on all styling products because well, I'm lazy and they are all too much work! So for the past 10-15 years I have been living in a scrunchie.:rolleyes:

Well my belated xmas gift (along with a cooooool cell phone) from hubby was that new conair infinity straightening dryer.... and I just tried it (of course thinking all the while what a waste of money...).

It Is AMAZING. I hardly did any work at all and my hair is straight...shiny... and NOT frizzy with no goopy creams or serums! And I didn't have to dry it first and then straighten it, I just washed it this morning, did some errands and came home and used it. It's not something I'll do every day, because after all I am lazy and hubby likes my hair curly, but now when I do want to have it straight I don't have to pay my hairdresser to do it! (I may even bring mine so she can use it, it was twice as fast as what she does!)

It was expensive, I think around $55 at Wally mart... but I think I'll actually get some use out of it. http://www.conair.com/infiniti-hair-designer-conair-p-372.html

So if you are lazy like me and need to do your hair anyway... check it out. ;)

And I am not hocking products... just know how frustrating hair like mine is... I have broken many a brush and then thrown on the scrunchie fed up. Just wish someone invented this thing sooner!!:D

phoozles
January 15th, 2008, 03:31 PM
:eek: That looks like a complicated contraption! :D
Glad it worked though :thumbs up
Do you have thick, or fine hair? My hair is very thin and fine, so I can't use any of the serums, etc., when it get frizzy because it flattens and greases it all up :sad: . Plus I am also lazy. :o So any solutions would be a good one..

Bearsmom
January 15th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I've got a LOT of fine curly (but not pretty-curly, it's scary curly) hair. I bought one of those, and found that with the amount of hair I have, it was easier to dry it in layers. It really does work nicely, and I found it will hold the straightness for a couple of days.

chico2
January 15th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Dahmer,enjoy your curly hair:laughing:mine is completely straight and i could never understand why anybody with curls would want straight hair:confused:

Tommysmom
January 15th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Don't get my hopes up... does it really work? Really? Reallllllly???
I have thick, coarse, super curly hair. It takes me 45 minutes to an hour to dry it straight when I want to... dry, blow it out section by section with a round brush until my carpel tunnel screams, then touch up with a flattening iron to keep it straight... and heaven forbid all that work gets me a bit sweaty on the back of my neck, cuz then it just curls and frizzes up all over again! Does this contraption actually work? And is it as hard to use as it looks like it might be?

krdahmer
January 15th, 2008, 05:29 PM
:eek: That looks like a complicated contraption! :D
Glad it worked though :thumbs up
Do you have thick, or fine hair? My hair is very thin and fine, so I can't use any of the serums, etc., when it get frizzy because it flattens and greases it all up :sad: . Plus I am also lazy. :o So any solutions would be a good one..

Mine is very very thick, and naturally wavy, curly if I scrunch it a bit. I thought it looked kind of scary too, but it wasn't at all.

Dahmer,enjoy your curly hair:laughing:mine is completely straight and i could never understand why anybody with curls would want straight hair:confused:

Tell me about it! Isn't it funny, I've always dreamed of straight hair that doesn't break your brush with knots... something I could run a comb through and not have teeth missing at the other end! I can't believe anyone would want curly hair!:laughing: We always want whats different... just like me growing up a city girl and dreaming of living in the country! :rolleyes:

Don't get my hopes up... does it really work? Really? Reallllllly???
I have thick, coarse, super curly hair. It takes me 45 minutes to an hour to dry it straight when I want to... dry, blow it out section by section with a round brush until my carpel tunnel screams, then touch up with a flattening iron to keep it straight... and heaven forbid all that work gets me a bit sweaty on the back of my neck, cuz then it just curls and frizzes up all over again! Does this contraption actually work? And is it as hard to use as it looks like it might be?

Well you could cut that in half.... it's like a dryer with the iron attached, so you are doing both at once, I still had to do sections because mine's so thick, but once over and you're done ( if it was for a fancy night, I might just style my bangs with the iron as well). I'm right handed so I had some difficulty getting a comfortable position to do the right side, but the left only took me like 10 min at the most! I just went over each piece twice and it was dry and straight! Although I can't say much for the sweaty neck... it strikes here too... not sure there is any cure for the back of the neck curlies...:rolleyes:

Frenchy
January 15th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Women with curly hair want straight hair and those with straight hair want curly hair. I'm lucky , I can have both. But my hair is very thin. A great product to keep the frizzies out is Paul Mitchell "Straight works" I pay $19.95 for a tube and it lasts about a year ! You only need to put a small amount (pea size for shoulder lenght hair) I always use it , even when I let my hair curly , keeps the frizzies out. :thumbs up

Be careful to not burn your hair with that iron !

phoozles
January 16th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Women with curly hair want straight hair and those with straight hair want curly hair. I'm lucky , I can have both. But my hair is very thin. A great product to keep the frizzies out is Paul Mitchell "Straight works" I pay $19.95 for a tube and it lasts about a year ! You only need to put a small amount (pea size for shoulder lenght hair) I always use it , even when I let my hair curly , keeps the frizzies out. :thumbs up

Be careful to not burn your hair with that iron !

So you have thin hair, and that works? It doesn't weigh your hair down? That's always been my biggest problem - and all of those products that are supposed to give your hair "more body" end up making it feel tangly and clumpy. :frustrated:

Sometimes I think it would be better to shave it all off. :laughing:

SARAH
January 16th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I have unruly, wavy, sometimes curly, and always frizzy hair:frustrated:. I had given up on all styling products because well, I'm lazy and they are all too much work! So for the past 10-15 years I have been living in a scrunchie.:rolleyes:

Well my belated xmas gift (along with a cooooool cell phone) from hubby was that new conair infinity straightening dryer.... and I just tried it (of course thinking all the while what a waste of money...).

It Is AMAZING. I hardly did any work at all and my hair is straight...shiny... and NOT frizzy with no goopy creams or serums! And I didn't have to dry it first and then straighten it, I just washed it this morning, did some errands and came home and used it. It's not something I'll do every day, because after all I am lazy and hubby likes my hair curly, but now when I do want to have it straight I don't have to pay my hairdresser to do it! (I may even bring mine so she can use it, it was twice as fast as what she does!)

It was expensive, I think around $55 at Wally mart... but I think I'll actually get some use out of it. http://www.conair.com/infiniti-hair-designer-conair-p-372.html

So if you are lazy like me and need to do your hair anyway... check it out. ;)

And I am not hocking products... just know how frustrating hair like mine is... I have broken many a brush and then thrown on the scrunchie fed up. Just wish someone invented this thing sooner!!:D

I've seen the commercial, but thought it was just that, a commercial with more "lies". Now I'll keep my eyes open for it (and save some :2cents: to get it with too)

Bearsmom
January 16th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Since I have so much hair, I found it was much easier to use a hairclip to layer dry it from the bottom up. I only dry the sections about 1" wide, using the comb part on the bottom, and that fuzzy thing (I think it's a smoothing tool?) and it does work. (yup, even I get the fuzzies as soon as I get warm or it gets humid or any of the other nonsense that makes for fuzzy hair.

krdahmer
January 16th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Hmmmm... seems like thats a common problem....

so who wants to invent anti-perspirant shampoo with me!!??!! :laughing:

Tommysmom
January 16th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Well... I picked one up today... I won't have time to do anything tomorrow because I have a super early day at work, but I'll let y'all know on Friday how it was:fingerscr!

Frenchy
January 16th, 2008, 07:31 PM
So you have thin hair, and that works? It doesn't weigh your hair down? That's always been my biggest problem - and all of those products that are supposed to give your hair "more body" end up making it feel tangly and clumpy. :frustrated:

Sometimes I think it would be better to shave it all off. :laughing:

I have sudden urges to have it all shave off too :laughing:

When you have thin hair , you have to be careful about the amount of products you put in , I use very minimum. If you put too much , it will put too much weight on your hair. :shrug:

spottydog
January 16th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I have straight hair and have always wanted masses of curls! There you go, Frenchy. :)
I find that using a clarifying shampoo once a week helps take all the styling product gunk out so that it doesn't get limp. Neutrogena has a decent one.

phoozles
January 17th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I have sudden urges to have it all shave off too :laughing:

Course, if we did that, we'd probably find out we had a crazy lumpy head - maybe hats will make a comeback if that happens! :laughing:

When you have thin hair , you have to be careful about the amount of products you put in , I use very minimum. If you put too much , it will put too much weight on your hair. :shrug:

Yeah - I think even after all this time, I still haven't mastered the right amount - it's an eternal process :rolleyes:

Purpledomino
January 22nd, 2008, 09:15 AM

My sentiments exactly! :shrug:

Tommysmom
January 22nd, 2008, 05:06 PM
Cuz we don't have it, that's why! Curly haired women want straight hair... straight haired women want curly hair... it's the way it goes:laughing::laughing:.

Well, I tried this - and it WORKS! It doesn't give it the nice shape that using a round brush does, but that could be cuz I'm not really good at it yet. I'll tell ya though, I get severe carpal tunnel pain from round brushing so much hair, and this let me straighten my hair completely pain free - and in half the time!! Wooooooohooooooooooo!

Thanks, Krdahmer!!!