Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

help my cat went for me!

vikkiangelic
January 15th, 2008, 01:42 PM
dont know if anyone can help but, last night but last night in bed my husband kept tickling me which made me scream! my cat-misty jumped on the bed and was watching what was going on, which she has done many times. all of a sudden she went for my throat (i was laying down), she bit me, but didn't sink her teeth right in. My husband shouted at her No. with that i looked at her as she was sat near my head and she had that evil look her eyes, then she took a swipe at my face with her claws out! luckily i dodged the paw and avoided a scatch on my face.
Why would she do this? before she went for me she was sniffing around my neck-i think she was interested in the noise i was making-but its not the first time ive screamed with her next to me.
can anyone shead some light?

i will be very grateful-she is my baby and im upset to think that she would hurt me

xxx

clm
January 15th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Sounds to me like she just wanted to get in on the fun and play too. Cats play with their teeth and claws.

Cindy

phoozles
January 15th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I don't know for sure - but cats can get very protective.. I brought my cat over to my sister's house for the weekend, and when I came in it woke the baby - my sister's cat heard her screams and went mental - attacking me, and my cat as well. I had to take him to another house and I had a gash on my leg for over a year! (Which I kept showing to my sister to prove she had a devil cat :evil:).

He's not normally like that - but he lashed out when he heard the baby's scream.

It's odd that your cat attacked you, and not your husband, but it's my :2cents: that the screamed freaked her out and her instinct was to attack and make the scream stop.

Hopefully that's all it was :fingerscr and luckily you weren't hurt!

vikkiangelic
January 15th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks for your reassurance guys, im sure she wont do it again, she has kept a low profile today! it does make sence that she just wanted the noise to stop, and my throat was where it was going from. she is a gentle cat and even when playing rarely gets her claws out so she doesnt scratch me, so thats probably why she didnt sink her teeth right in.
i now feel comforted so again thanks guys!
xxx: thumbs up

Kristin7
January 15th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Yikes, that must've been scary! Hopefully it won't happen again. I wonder - maybe she was acting out because of your screams. I dont' know if you've ever heard cats fighting (seriously fighting, not playing or bluffing) but their screams sound very similar to a woman's screams. There have been times I've awoken in the middle of the night to this and they sound bloodcurdling and very human-like. Usually it trails off at the end to sound more like a cat though.

krdahmer
January 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Yep, my guys even get in on the action when my husband and I argue over the phone (they bite and attack the phone)... It can be that they are just being protective or just want in on the action (play time).