Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost/Missing cat

Nelson
January 14th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Hi everyone, thank you so much for your responses. Nelson was found a week and half later. My back neighbour saw fresh paw prints in the backyard one evening. When I went out in my backyard I heard a cat meowing and to my surprise it was Nelson. I was so happy to find him. He is home safe now. I will never let him out of my sight again. Thanks again. Regards.

Original post:On January 9th during the power failure in Pierrefonds my cat sneaked out of the house and he is nowhere to be found. We have looked everywhere and also posted all over the West Island. We are hearbroken and really want him back. If anyone has any information regarding Nelson, please let us know. He is a Himalayan/Persian with cooper eyes and black stripes on his back. He was last seen on Richmond opposite the CLSC between Pierrefonds Blvd and Gouin. Thanks

Winston
January 14th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Welcome Nelson..I am sorry you ar going through this..Usually they dont venture far from home but will try to hide very well if they are frightenend...I would go out in the early morning when it quiet with a bag of treats and call out for your kitty..You could ask neighbours to check their sheds or garages..Also try putting out a box near your house with some clothing and your scent and even kitty's scent and some treats and see if she ventures home! Good Luck!

Do you have pictures! we would love to see some!

Cindy

NoahGrey
January 15th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I would also like to suggest leaving out a can of tuna or salmon. Both have strong oders.

Call you local Humane Society and also bring in a picture of your cat. Good luck in finding him. Keep us posted.

ACO22

Love4himies
January 15th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Your kitty may be very scared and won't come out during the day, he could be very close to home (My parents found a himmy under their deck who was there for 5 days and only lived a few houses down). Himmies/Persians are normally very timid and he may not even come out of hiding when you are calling him. Try looking for him in early, early morning (armed with a can of tuna). If you can leave a box outside with some of your worn clothes in it, maybe he will hide in the box during the night. Check out other postings on this forum on lost cats that have been found for other ideas.

cpietra16
January 15th, 2008, 03:38 PM
There is nothing that I can oadd to the great ideas that were given to you....just good luck. Cats are terratorial. When they get lost near their home they won't venture too far...good luck and Let us know .

Love4himies
January 23rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
So glad you found him. Timid cats don't usually venture too far from home.

How is he doing now?