Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How big do you think he will get?

14+kitties
January 14th, 2008, 04:52 PM
So I brought Meowzer in for his brushing today and while he was in decided to take a pic of him in his favourite position.....on his back. Sam (the girl I watch occasionally) is holding him. He is only 8 months old! :cloud9::cat::lovestruck:

phoozles
January 14th, 2008, 05:01 PM
:eek: He's a big boy! And adorable! :lovestruck:

Is that all fur? He's going to be massive! I try to judge by paws, but my sister had a cat once that had huge paws and ended up being permanently kitten sized (she was a runt).

chico2
January 14th, 2008, 05:07 PM
OMG,what a beautiful BIG cat,I LOVE huge cats:lovestruck:
At 8 months he probably will grow quiet a bit more,it could be he has some Maine Coon in his blood-line,or Norwegian Mountain Cat,one thing for sure,he is beautiful:cat:

14+kitties
January 14th, 2008, 05:09 PM
:laughing::laughing: He isn't all fur. He was fixed at 6 months old and weighed 8.8 lbs. then. I think he is going to be massive! He will definetely rule the catuary!! He is the biggest of the 16 but there is one coming up fast behind him at 7 months and about the same weight.:cloud9:

chico2
January 14th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Wow,so he might weigh only 9/10 lbs now,maybe he is not as big as he looks:confused:
Is that girl little??
I have an almost 18lb cat and one 16lb's,but they don't look as big as this beauty.

14+kitties
January 14th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Wow,so he might weigh only 9/10 lbs now,maybe he is not as big as he looks:confused:
Is that girl little??
I have an almost 18lb cat and one 16lb's,but they don't look as big as this beauty.

Ok Chico.. didn't want to say anything when Sam was here and hurt her feelings. She is 12 and is a big girl.
Meowzer is probably a medium haired cat. He is furry but is definitely big under all of it. I am thinking he will probably be around 18 lbs when he is fully grown. Sarah thought in one of his other pics that he looked like Maine Coon or Norwegian Mountain too. He has the ear tufts of both so it's hard to say.
He is such a big suck. When I pick him up he puts his head back to "tell" you he wants on his back and then he just flops. So cute. :cloud9:

Frenchy
January 14th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I think he's a main coon too ! So that would explain the bigyness :laughing: and fluffyness too :D

ancientgirl
January 14th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I vote with the others, he looks more like a Norwegian Mountain cat to me though. He'll probably be a big boy. I think I read that they grow up until they are about a year old, then that's it. So chances are Meowzer still has some growing to do.

Winston
January 14th, 2008, 09:55 PM
OMG! I think I am in love!!!

Cindy

kit1469
January 14th, 2008, 10:06 PM
awww ... he just looks sooo cuddley!!! and i though my kitty was big haha

rainbow
January 15th, 2008, 02:46 AM
What a big gorgeous love bug. :lovestruck:

14+kitties
January 15th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks everyone. He will take all the compliments coming his way. :cloud9: He is such a happy, content boy. And such a little instigator. But then you look at that face and how can you be upset with him for "attacking" his sisters and cousins? :rolleyes:

badger
January 15th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I think he might be Bird's cousin. Bird went from a spindly adolescent to a full-blown monster in barely a year. I keep feeling him up to see if he's putting on too much weight but it's his coat! Same delicate face. And he's definitely an instigator! If there's a molecule of accessible catnip anywhere in the apartment, he will find it. Ditto food.
Last night I noticed he has those long toe-hairs typical of Maine Coons.
When they get that big that fast, one has to think there's a giant breed in there somewhere.

Meowzer is gorgeous. Look at those paws (I have a paw fetish..)

Love4himies
January 15th, 2008, 02:14 PM
He could be part Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest, anywho, they are both huge cats that can take up to 5 years to stop growing, especially males and are typically 15-20 lbs.

14+kitties
January 15th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I think he might be Bird's cousin. Bird went from a spindly adolescent to a full-blown monster in barely a year. I keep feeling him up to see if he's putting on too much weight but it's his coat! Same delicate face. And he's definitely an instigator! If there's a molecule of accessible catnip anywhere in the apartment, he will find it. Ditto food.
Last night I noticed he has those long toe-hairs typical of Maine Coons.
When they get that big that fast, one has to think there's a giant breed in there somewhere.

Meowzer is gorgeous. Look at those paws (I have a paw fetish..)

Thanks badger. I have a paw fetish too so it's all good. :D
If he is Bird's cousin that means there is one travellin' cat there! ;)
If that is the case then there must be 2 daddys at work here. Spazzy, Meowzer, Brownie, and Tinker are ALL big boys (Meowzer is still the biggest). The other 2 boys and all of the girls except one are small in comparison. Miss Atty is going to be on the big side too I think. She is not quite 6 months and is getting pretty hefty. She also has the "look" of the Maine Coon I think.
Darn, that means I have to trap even more ferals.

chico2
January 15th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Aww 14+kittens,I just love him,can I have him???
Rocky is sitting her saying,no Way!!!
I would say he is longhaired not medium hair and a prfect specimen of a kitty:lovestruck:

TeriM
January 17th, 2008, 11:00 PM
He's very handsome :lovestruck:. My Fred has a similar look about him. His mom was a little tiny grey barn cat but dad is thought to be a maine coone that was hanging around the barn.

14+kitties
January 18th, 2008, 08:22 PM
He's very handsome :lovestruck:. My Fred has a similar look about him. His mom was a little tiny grey barn cat but dad is thought to be a maine coone that was hanging around the barn.

Thanks TeriM! I love him too. :D
His size is what has me figuring I have at least 2 males out there somewhere because his mom is half his size! And the cat that I see occasionally at a distance and thought might be his dad is nowhere near his size either. I must have one more hiding somewhere. Darn!! Unless he's a throwback. :shrug:

chico2
January 19th, 2008, 08:19 AM
I'd love it,if you would never be without a camera in your pocket and take lots of pics for us,some more of this big beauty would be great and all the others of course:lovestruck:

Kristin7
January 19th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I agree, more pics please!! I just love the big fluffy cats :lovestruck:

BAILEYSMUDGE
January 19th, 2008, 09:38 AM
How much food does this big guy eat, I wonder?? My boys are about 17 lbs each... wonderful to hug.

Barb

14+kitties
January 19th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Ok Chico and Kristen, will do what I can. :D Any chance to show off my babies.
BaileySmudge - it's hard to tell how much he eats on his own because there are 15 others eating at the same time. He does prefer dry to wet though and they always have tons of fresh water available. Loves his sardines though! :lovestruck:

SARAH
January 19th, 2008, 12:47 PM
That is one big cat!! Wow, and so handsome too :lovestruck: but why so few pics :confused: :confused:

14+kitties
January 19th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I'd love it,if you would never be without a camera in your pocket and take lots of pics for us,some more of this big beauty would be great and all the others of course:lovestruck:

I agree, more pics please!! I just love the big fluffy cats :lovestruck:

I will see what I can do. I promise. And Chico, is Rocky still saying NOOOOO to another cat? :laughing::laughing::laughing: Not that I would let you have my big suck anyway. He is starting to get up on shelves in their home and put his paws on my shoulder to let me know he wants his cuddles. :cloud9: And he is very insistant too. The others just purr away waiting patiently.

That is one big cat!! Wow, and so handsome too :lovestruck: but why so few pics :confused: :confused:

Sarah.....so few pics is because I had just asked about Meowzer's size. Thought I could kind of figure out from replies how big the others would be. I still have a few that are going to be positivily tiny but some are going to be huge. Definetely will need that expansion for them in the spring. They are outgrowing their house. And.....don't you guys get tired of me posting pics?? It's time you posted more of yours too. I haven't seen my Spout for a couple of weeks now. :(

chico2
January 20th, 2008, 08:23 AM
14+,I would take that big,beautiful cat in a heartbeat:lovestruck:
I never really got to choose a cat,they kind of chose me:cat:but my very first cat in this house(a looong time ago)was a brown Tabby Maine Coon mix,the most beautiful HUGE cat,unfortunately he only lived to be 3 yrs old:cry:
No,Rocky does not want another kitty,I just asked him:laughing:

14+kitties
January 20th, 2008, 11:34 PM
14+,I would take that big,beautiful cat in a heartbeat:lovestruck:
I never really got to choose a cat,they kind of chose me:cat:but my very first cat in this house(a looong time ago)was a brown Tabby Maine Coon mix,the most beautiful HUGE cat,unfortunately he only lived to be 3 yrs old:cry:
No,Rocky does not want another kitty,I just asked him:laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Silly Rocky!! Very good of him to let you know soooo quickly!
Only 3 years old? How sad that must have been. :sad: Was that partly due to the size or other health issues? I know, silly question, but I ask a lot of them. Only way I can learn.

snoopymjm
January 20th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Wowzers! That is one HUGE cat. Adorable. I bet he is a snuggle bunny.

chico2
January 21st, 2008, 07:59 AM
14+,no,Tigger did not die because of anything due to his breed,he died because of my ignorance at the time(about 30yrs ago),ignorance about UTI and kidneystones:sad:
By the time I got him to the vet,it was too late:sad:

14+kitties
January 21st, 2008, 11:12 AM
Oh how sad. :sad: I am sure you did what you could at that time. It's amazing how much we learn the older we get. :grouphug:
The vet that is fixing my kitties says kidneystones is why he won't fix male cats before six months of age. He says their bodies need to mature and before six months there is more of a chance of developing the stones. Interesting to know. It makes me wonder then when I read about people in here having them fixed before six months.

chico2
January 21st, 2008, 04:50 PM
14+,my former vet thought the same,all 3 of mine were neutered at 6/7 months.
They are now,12,11 and 5 yrs old,no UTI problems so far:fingerscr