Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi everyone!

jdorr
January 14th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I recently (a year and a half ago) lost an 18 year old Shie Zho and an 18 year old Persian cat. They were members of the family for a long time and I still miss them very much.

On a brighter note, I received a gift a year ago of a miniature Doxi that is the sweetest dog I have ever seen.Of course I'm prejudiced. A month ago we abopted a 5 month old kitten. So much about animal care has changed over the years( I'm 62) that i have been doing a lot of research on the net. In the process, I found this forum and you all can help me supply the best care for my new family. I allready have a question on the food forum if anyone can take a look.

I also might be able to help someone if they need informstion on birds. I used to breed rare finches for the federal Finch Save Program.

Glad to be here!!

phoozles
January 14th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of informed pet owners on this site, and it's good to hear that we've added one more!

hazelrunpack
January 14th, 2008, 11:38 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your two remarkable 18-yr-olds, jdorr! :grouphug: It's hard to let go after so many years of loving. :grouphug: They were very lucky to have come to you.

Your doxi and new kitten are the lucky ones, now. :D When you get a chance and are able, I'm hoping you'll share some pics with us so we can properly greet your two furbabies to the board. :thumbs up

Welcome, jdorr!

rainbow
January 15th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Welcome to pets.ca :thumbs up Looking forward to pics of your fuzzbutts. :D