Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Food suggestions

amatazes
January 14th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I need a new food for bruno. He is about 9lbs fully grown. He's been eating a lot of grass lately. It worries me because the nyc park dept. sometimes spray for bugs and I don't want him eating anything and getting really sick.

It's food so I don't care about cost. As long as it's not like 100 a bag.
Can't feed raw, grosses me out.

small breed
a little over a year
male
neutered

Tommysmom
January 14th, 2008, 06:26 PM
What have you been feeding until now?

I feed my 10 lb jack russell Orijen 6 Fish - he LOVES it, and he's doing sooooo well on it. I've had him on Evo before, and a few others, but his coat and everything else has been the best with the Orijen and it's one of the few that he's really, really liked. He eats about a cup a day, so a small bag lasts a long time too!

Claudia Martha
January 14th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Where do you buy the product you mentioned for dog food?

Purpledomino
January 15th, 2008, 11:40 AM
I feed Orijen as well and also canned Innova EVO. I'm not sure if you can get the Orijen where you are....but the Innova EVO both dry and canned is an excellent choice. You are lucky that your dog (adorable by the way :lovestruck:) is a toy breed in that even if you were to feed exorbantly (sp?) priced kibble it would probably not break you because he would need so little of it. Since you really do get what you pay for regarding dog food, I couldn't justify not feeding a quality food to such a small breed. I feed two Minpins :D (cheap)....and two giant breeds :eek: (not so cheap!).

luckypenny
January 15th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Where do you buy the product you mentioned for dog food?

You may be able to find Orijen here:

South Salem Pet Supply
4655 Commercial Street SE
Salem, OR 97302
Phone; (503) 585-0553

rainbow
January 15th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Amatazes, that pic of your dog and cat in the cat tree is so cute. :lovestruck:

I vote for Orijen as well (www.championpetfoods.com/orijen) ....their "white paper" information is well worth reading. :thumbs up

rainbow
January 20th, 2008, 07:06 PM
:sorry:

Amatazes, I'm sorry your thread got so badly hijacked. Have you found a food for your dog or are you still looking for information?

amatazes
February 1st, 2008, 03:50 PM
:sorry:

Amatazes, I'm sorry your thread got so badly hijacked. Have you found a food for your dog or are you still looking for information?

Bruno has left me. His mommy has taken him to live with her for a while to see if it works out. I have a feeling he might be back soon. I strongly recommended orijen but she had a really hard time finding it even in petco. She resorted to getting nutra and using a fish oil supplement. other than that i believe his diet will remain the same.
i think bruno might have left at the right. boyfriend and I almost broke up again fighting over him.

rainbow
February 3rd, 2008, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the update. I really hope that everthing works out for Bruno's best interests. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

I don't know where you live in New York but here is the store locator for Orijen there:

http://www.championpetfoods.com/orijen/storeLocator/NewYorkStoreListing.aspx

Did you mean "Nutro" dog food? ....If so, she could do better. :o

I hope the BF issues have settled. :goodvibes: