Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Beef ... please clarify!

zztopp
January 14th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Just researching more on dog foods. Is the bad stuff about beef, all in regards to beef that has been injected with hormones and such?

So, would fresh beef be okay? I'm thinking specifically in regards to our own beef cattle (they're organic, grain-free, non-injected and the certain breed of cow is considered leaner beef than any other breed)

Thanks!

rainbow
January 14th, 2008, 07:28 PM
You are correct and :thumbs up to you for raising organic, grain-fed non-injected beef .....I wish I was your neighbour. :D

zztopp
January 15th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks for clarifying! I think I finally have a handle on what makes good/bag dog food :)

And yes, we are very excited to have our organic beef cows :) They are quite special to us. And we already have our expansion planned out for a few years time, since there has been an overwhelming 'want' for lean, organic beef.

Noles1984
January 16th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Though I'm an opponent of using beef (digestibility) and use chicken for my girl (don't eat beef myself)... if you like using beef then free range, hormone, pesticide free is the way to go. Good for you thinking that way. :thumbs up