Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

This week at the HS...

Ford Girl
January 14th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Hi! I went this weekend for a few hours and it was alot of fun. I have been shown how to harness and leash them so I can take them outside to throw a ball or run in the pen. Some dogs just need a bit more then company and a brushing! I was there with my buddy who volunteers, so she took all the small dogs and I took all the high energy guys outside (one at a time of course!)

A 10 month old choco lab boy, a year old black lab girl, a young labradoodle girl (who's pups are at the shelter too) and a 2 year old golden girl! :cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9: OMG, it was heaven. What can I say, I am a sucker for these guys...big, bouncy wiggle butts... The golden...oh my, she was so gentle and sweet, 2 years old, surrendered. I couldn't help but go and see her twice. :shrug: :laughing:

For those of you who don't spay or neuter their animals, go to the shelter right now - at this time of year in particular, and take a look at all the puppies in the shelter right now - all the litters that were "ready for christmas", all "pure bred" or "designer bred", all 12 weeks old...so much for making a profit for christmas! It's rediculous...and unfair. The world doesn't need any more puppies.

On a brighter note...Ceasar the pittie was adopted! My gf who goes with me was there last Wed and saw him going home with his new family, then yesterday the mom came back for something, without Ceasar, and told us he's fit right in like he's always been there. So please tell your folks in ON that he's not only adopted but already settling in to his new home with his new family! (I think they said they had another pittie too, but not sure)

I go tomorrow night for a Canine Safe Handling class and Wed to volunteer...

happycats
January 14th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Awwwwww, you have the best life:lovestruck:

Ford Girl
January 14th, 2008, 02:06 PM
An update I just recieved: 15 dogs in total were adopted this weekend! :highfive:

Now news like that makes it easy to be there and help out! :grouphug:

Lukka'sma
January 14th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Great news about all the adoptions
What a wonderful thing you are doing for all the unfortunate animals that find themselves in this less than ideal situation.

Chris21711
January 14th, 2008, 02:54 PM
:clap: for Ceaser, the girls at the shelter will be elated. Once I log off I will go and call and let them know. (the beauty of dial-up).
I wonder how long you will last FordGirl before you start bringing them home, it's going to be hard to keep saying Noooooooooooo.

growler~GateKeeper
January 14th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Wonderful news Ford Girl - on all accounts :thumbs up

Frenchy
January 14th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Ceasar got adopted ? woohoo ! :thumbs up

Now about that 2 yr old female ......... :rolleyes: :laughing: