Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

clueless, useless and even more useless....

jessi76
January 14th, 2008, 07:43 AM
1 dog = clueless. 2 cats = useless and even more useless....

grrrrrrrrr - my mouse rant.....

they all stake out the stove for like 3 days. then 2 nights ago, I hear all 3 of them doing LAPS around and under the bed at like 3am. running, growling, banging... then wrestling in a bag.... then more running and snarling...

5:30am - I get up to feed the baby downstairs. all of a sudden it sounds like NASCAR upstairs in my bedroom. then it sounds like an American Gladiator duel....

tables falling over, lamps SMASHING to pieces... you'd think Tom & Jerry were up there!

and yet, 2 cats, 1 dog, and now a GROWN MAN can't catch a house mouse.

so now the mouse is loose in the bedroom, and scared out of it's mind no less.

a day passes... still no mouse. until today.... I'm home w/ the baby, it's a nor'easter outside, and the cats bring the mouse downstairs to the dining room and what do they do???

THEY LET IT GO! so i'm holding the baby and chasing the dog who's chasing the cats who are chasing the mouse. a regular comedy troop we are.

and who FINALLY catches this mouse? ME! w/ a stack of papers and a wooden bowl. I let him go outside, in the nor'easter. but hey, at least he didn't get eaten, or squished, or is still running loose in my house. no doubt he'll find his way back in, I just hope he stays in the basement.

chico2
January 14th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Jessi :laughing::laughing:the pic I have in my head:lovestruck:but at least you saved the little mouse,now desperatly looking for a way back inside:laughing:http://bestsmileys.com/animals/9.gif

jessi76
January 14th, 2008, 08:07 AM
omg! that's EXACTLY what it looked like!!! :eek:

14+kitties
January 14th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Well, there's my laugh for the day! :thumbs up
I can imagine that poor mouse when he was picked up by the kitty. lol
And the kitties just wanting to play with it, not kill it.:cloud9:
My Pepe:rip: did that once but he played with it till he killed it with kindness. Then he brought it to me as a gift. What a sweet guy. :cloud9:
They really aren't useless. They were having tons of fun!!

amatazes
January 14th, 2008, 09:43 AM
hahahaahah! i love animals but rats. gross. I know you have mice. nyc has gigantic, nasty, dirty rats.:yell:

chico2
January 14th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Amatzes,rats are not nasty,just very unfortunate to have been born rats and not a cuddly puppy:laughing:

Jim Hall
January 14th, 2008, 11:37 AM
well which would you prefer a live scared mouse or a disemowled one bleeding on your rug?

beside everyone got some exerciise

happycats
January 14th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I would have loved to be a fly on your wall during all this excitement!!:laughing::laughing: If you had video, I'm sure you would have won something on Americas funniest videos!! (I can picture it now:laugh:

Smiley14
January 14th, 2008, 01:43 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I STILL haven't found that mouse that Billy caught on my kitchen counter last summer. *shudder* So he either ate the whole thing or I still have mouse parts dusting away in my house somewhere. LOL!

Frenchy
January 14th, 2008, 02:09 PM
:laughing: it's so funny when it happens to others than me :laughing:

Jessi76 , I can relate :frustrated: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=45913

phoozles
January 14th, 2008, 03:20 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I STILL haven't found that mouse that Billy caught on my kitchen counter last summer. *shudder* So he either ate the whole thing or I still have mouse parts dusting away in my house somewhere. LOL!

:yuck: That happened to me once. For days I smelt something bad - I scrubbed the floors, cleaned out the litter box until you could eat out of it (now THAT'S an image I didn't mean to throw in :laughing:) and couldn't find the source of the smell. Finally I moved the couch and found a poor little mousey casualty all curled up. :eek: No idea how long it was under there.

I strapped on some rubber gloves and picked it up to take it outside - screaming the entire way. I'll pick up a live mouse, but the dead one was disgusting! :yuck:

dobies4me
January 14th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hi all,
I am new here. Just stumbled across this forum so thought I would join.
I have 2 dobermans, Monty who is 9 and the most recent addition, Karma - she is 4 months old!!!! Add 2 kids and a husband, crazy household....

Frenchy
January 14th, 2008, 07:20 PM
well which would you prefer a live scared mouse or a disemowled one bleeding on your rug?

I would take the dead one anyday ! Scared little mouse .... I don't think so. The one I had to kill myself (I had to :shrug: ) was screaming so loud , I swear she was saying : go back to sleep and I will kill you and all your fuzzbutts :evil:

Frenchy
January 14th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Oh and Jessi76 , you might want to check your cats and dog for worms and fleas in the next couple of days / weeks (if they're not already treated)

chico2
January 15th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Awww Frenchy,you are a big/petite suck,scared of a little mouse:laughing:
Luckily my cats would not eat one and I certainly don't want them in my house,but otherwise they are cute little creatures.
I saw one on my deck once,no bigger than the peaunut he was carrying,adorable,as long as thy stay outside.
NO WAY,could I kill one:yell:

jessi76
January 15th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Frenchy... oh my gosh, funny post from when it happened to you! and yes, good point, i'll have to check them for fleas, thanks for the reminder!

I remember when we bought our house and renovated some kitchen walls... we found a full, in tact, mouse skeleton in the wall. ick. all the little bones were perfectly in place... it was creepy. but I live in the country, so I suppose I should just get used to it, there will always be mice.

I don't mind mice at all, as long as they're not running around my living space. it's just not sanitary. I'm with chico, they're cute, as long as they are OUTSIDE.

CyberKitten
January 15th, 2008, 03:29 PM
OMG, I needed a laugh and you gave me one Jessi - thx!!! I love that you let him go,. And a mouse is not a rat- there IS a difference. I;d leave a mouse go too. When we were kids, my sisters and I used to catch them for my mom, lol But I see this Disney like parade with Mickey at the front - 2 Garfields preferring lasagna over a mouse and Goofy getting into the fun, lol

Frenchy
January 15th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Awww Frenchy,you are a big/petite suck,scared of a little mouse:laughing:

:laughing: I know ! But I did caught a bat once in my old appartement and took it outside , unarmed. I like bats better than mice. :confused: