Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some jerk hit Chloe at the beach

shredy
January 13th, 2008, 04:34 PM
So yesterday we took Chloe to the beach for the first time. She had soooooo much fun frolicking with the dogs there and running all over the place. She didn't get in the water though so we took her back today to see if she would go in because it was warmer. She was playing with another dog having a great time and venturing into the shallow water when a family and their dog came and sat down not too far from us. The guys was a jerk, he was throwing the ball for his dog towards us and getting mad that Chloe and the other dog wanted to play too. After about five minutes Chloe went over to say hi to them and since his little girl was scared I ran over to get her (wagging tail and all) The man decided it was necessary to hit Chloe with a ball thrower he had in his hand when I was within arms distance, totally uncalled for. :mad::yell::yell: I gave him a dirty look and he said "what are you looking at?" I told him calmly that I thought it was not cool to whack her when I was already there and she wasn't hurting anyone. (He went to dog beach and sat next to us when there was LOTS of empty beach if his kids were scared of other dogs.) I was walking away when he told me he was going to whack me and called me an idiot. I was appalled and told him that he wasn't setting a very good example for his children. My BF and the other dogs owners calmly approached the irrate man and told him he owed us an apology when he told us HE WAS A COP!! He then threatened to take us to jail :laughing::laughing: We told him that we would be happy to make a statement about how he assaulted me and my dog and how would that look for an off duty police officer. His wife looked so embarassed and I feel sorry for his kids. We ended up leaving because it was obvious that he wanted to take it to physical level and we aren't violent people. Ricky and I just kept telling ourselves that it is his malfunction and to let it go, but I am still really mad! Where do people like this come from, and how scary that he is supposed to be the one protecting citizens. I have to wonder if he is abusing his wife and children if it is that easy for him to threaten a woman with physical violence?

clm
January 13th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Probably just told you he was a cop for the fear factor. :loser:

shredy
January 13th, 2008, 04:40 PM
oh, since I know you will ask, here are some pics of her at the beach...

The first is Chloe and her first golden friend playing tug

The second is the pack of doggie friends she met

The third is happy, sandy, Chloe face :lovestruck:

jiorji
January 13th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that last puppy face pic!!:cloud9::lovestruck:

stupid ass jerk!! i would've kicked him in the nuts!:evil:

jesse's mommy
January 13th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I'm so sorry this happened to you and Chloe. :mad:

Now if it were me, I would have figure out what vehicle he and his family were driving, wrote down the license plate number, went to the police and filed a report against him because he physically threatened you, then I would have been happy to call the local media stations. :D

(I'm not a very nice person when it comes to anyone possibly harming my baby :evil:)

But Chloe certainly looks like she had a ball!

Frenchy
January 13th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Oh I would have love to do this to him http://bestsmileys.com/hitting/21.gif :mad:

:loser:

jiorji
January 13th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Now if it were me, I would have figure out what vehicle he and his family were driving,..........

and keyed his car..:evil::laughing:

jesse's mommy
January 13th, 2008, 04:48 PM

Well of course that too. :rolleyes: I didn't think I had to say that. I figured it was just implied. :laughing:

shredy
January 13th, 2008, 04:49 PM

Now if it were me, I would have figure out what vehicle he and his family were driving, wrote down the license plate number, went to the police and filed a report against him because he physically threatened you, then I would have been happy to call the local media stations. :D

(I'm not a very nice person when it comes to anyone possibly harming my baby :evil:)

In hindsight, I should have figured out where he worked and filled a complaint there. We didn't want to stay any more because he wasn't going to stop and sometimes (even though I wanted to smack him) you have to be the bigger person.

Thanks, I love that pic too! and oh how I wanted too!!

Probably just told you he was a cop for the fear factor. :loser:

I agree, typical meat head!

Oh I would have love to do this to him http://bestsmileys.com/hitting/21.gif :mad:

:loser:

Me too! But with three young kids watching, wouldn't have been appropriate, funny how we were the ones who realized that and not him :loser:

shredy
January 13th, 2008, 04:51 PM

Oohh that is a great idea, too bad the waves were good and we could have never figured out which car was his :laughing: #@$##** jerk!!

Lukka'sma
January 13th, 2008, 04:54 PM
OMG.....I'm almost coming off my chair here....if anyone hit my dog I would explode!!!!!!!
I am glad you were able to leave before the situation got too much more out of hand, but I would go through five of that guy just to get into a fight if it had of been me

CearaQC
January 13th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Rub a cheese grater on his backside.

Frickin' cops... some of them are soooo arrogant. Hiding behind his badge like he's Mr. Big Shot.

Am glad that Chloe wasn't hurt.

Awesome pictures!

otter
January 13th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Well good on you for restraining yourself :thumbs up

At least Chloe doesn't look any worse for wear :fingerscr Though I couldn't blame her if she developed a bit of an attitude to idiot guys who think they can act that way.

Chloe is looking just GLOWING! :lovestruck::lovestruck:

shredy
January 13th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks you guys for being mad with me! Ricky and I got in the car and realized that we were both shaking we were so angry!! Chloe is ok, he didn't hurt her, but it still isn't ok for him to hit her when he could have picked his daughter up just as easily, problem solved.

Chloe says thanks for the compliments, she had fun getting dirty, and then getting a bath... How pitiful is that last face?? :laughing:

Lukka'sma
January 13th, 2008, 05:18 PM
:laughing::laughing:those are great pictures.

Shaykeija
January 13th, 2008, 05:26 PM

Frickin' cops... some of them are soooo arrogant. Hiding behind his badge like he's Mr. Big Shot.

Awesome pictures!

Will this do for him?

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SilverFang_The_SteelWolf/Ouch.jpg

Frenchy
January 13th, 2008, 05:27 PM
:laughing: you can see the sand on the bottom of the bath :D

CearaQC
January 13th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Will this do for him?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I had no idea such a thing existed! *wipes tears of laughter*

*right click save as*

Awww Chloe in the bath. :lovestruck:

Byrd
January 13th, 2008, 05:35 PM
WHAT A PRICK!!!! :frustrated: I can't imagine anyone having enough nerve to hit someone else's dog!!!

On the other side, love her face, and all the dogs there blend nicely with the sand. :laughing:

shredy
January 13th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Will this do for him?

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: perfect :thumbs up

rainbow
January 13th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I probably would have asked to see his badge and ID and then remember the number and report the idiot. What an example to set for his kids. :rolleyes: Poor Chloe :sad: but glad everything worked out okay. :o

I love the third pic of Chloe :cloud9: and the bath pics are too cute. :D

I agree. There's lots of them who let their "power" go to their heads. :rolleyes: They are usually the ones that physically abuse their wives as well. :sad:

shredy
January 13th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I agree. There's lots of them who let their "power" go to their heads. :rolleyes: They are usually the ones that physically abuse their wives as well. :sad:

Ricky and I were saying the same thing too! His wife was very meek sitting down next to her kids and just kept apologizing. It is very sad to say, but it would not surprise me at all if he was abusing his wife and his kids. :sad:

badger
January 13th, 2008, 05:56 PM
The look on his wife's face probably said it all. He's a bully on and off-duty. I think you were very brave and civil, the latter quality being the one which pisses a bully off the most. How could anyone strike such a darling girl?

If you don't want to take it any further with his bosses, how about a letter to the newspaper. Depending on police politics in your area, you may start something, but then at least you would have the option of declining to say more.

Byrd
January 13th, 2008, 06:01 PM

Or cheat, my sister was married to a cop and they had two kids, but he also had another kid in the middle of his two with my sister. They got divorced when she found out, then he married the mother of that kid and had another, and ended up cheating on her, married another, cheated on her, etc. Just an ongoing cycle. I have a few patients who are cops, and somehow or another they always let you know this. :rolleyes:

ancientgirl
January 13th, 2008, 06:24 PM
I wonder how he'd like it if someone treated his kid like that. What an idiot.

And if he is in fact a cop, I feel sorry for the people he's protecting. He's obviously pumped up on some power trip. I would have told him not to bother calling the police, as I would have done so myself. See how he felt about getting his own kind out there to see he had hit a poor defenseless dog and threatened a woman.

What an a-hole.:loser:

But Chloe at least had a good time and she will never even think about that jerk again.

shredy
January 13th, 2008, 10:17 PM
In hindsight I should have called the police and filed a complaint, especially since he felt the need to give us that fact, at the time I just wanted to get away from him. I don't like feeling that angry :crazy::mad: and I just needed to walk away.

hazelrunpack
January 13th, 2008, 10:36 PM
What an absolute unmitigated a$$h0le!!!! Big man to hit a friendly puppy. :frustrated: It sounds like he wasn't socialized properly as a child. :rolleyes:

My guess is, that had you called the police, he would have turned out to not be a cop. :shrug: Usually, guys that hot under the collar don't last on the force very long. And you do have to wonder about whether his family is safe...

I'm glad Chloe is none the worse for wear and you were able to get away before it got physical. :grouphug:

Smiley14
January 13th, 2008, 10:59 PM
WOW. I don't even know what to say other than speechless horror. I honestly have no idea how I would react in that kind of situation other than absolute rage and that probably wouldn't have been so good. I'm amazed you were able to stay so calm! You're a better person than I am! Good for you for protecting Chloe and getting her away from that man (and I use that word loosely) as soon as possible. I am so so sorry you had to go through that. I feel rage just thinking about through the computer screen!!

On the plus side, LOVE the gorgeous beach pics! That last pic...oh my! :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
January 13th, 2008, 11:58 PM
:eek: :frustrated: :mad:....:evil: :censored: pea-brained-d1ck-le$$-moron :wall:...I think that about sums it up (plus I've run outta smilies)......I would've ended up in a :yell: war of worlds w/the :censored: :loser:

Puppy http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/1273.gif Chloe :lovestruck: she's getting soooo big...too cute!

She must've had so much fun playin' w/the big goldens.....great shots....love the last ones from each set http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/1273.gif

SolaMio
January 14th, 2008, 05:44 AM
That's unbelievable. As was already said- what did he expect on a dog beach, and sitting near people who clearly have a dog with them?? :wall:

I bet he wasn't a "real" cop, either. I've actually been threatened (over the phone) during an incident (long story) with a "cop" who was ordering me around under the pretense that he was a police officer. As the conversation went on, I managed to get out of him that he was a security guard. At a video store. I hung up the phone.

I do feel sorry for the guy's family... The wife must have been really embarassed :sad:

aslan
January 14th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Omg, if someone hit one of my dogs, death wouldn't be swift enough for them. I would have phoned the police if I were you. You had witnesses to him threatening you. If he really was a cop (which i doubt) he would be reprimanded and you could press charges. If he wasn't a cop he can be charged with impersinating a police officer. I would have done it for no other reason than he probably does abuse his wife and child. I'd feel like he gets away with his sh** because no one does anything. Mind you then i'd key his car, etc, etc.

refsmom
January 14th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Poor chloe I would have wanted to hit that guy too! I hate people who abuse animals, I would like to take that Michael Vic (the big football player) and tie him up by his balls rub honey all over him and let the fire ants crawl on him and then when he yells pull his choker collar as hard as you can and keep doing it.

Molly 8 year wonderful dog baby recovering from a acl surgery
Chester, my black tabby big boy
Rudy, my striped nice boy
Zippy, my old lady that lives in the closet
Lucky boy, he found me this summer and boy he's lucky, he's deaf (I love him extra special)

amatazes
January 14th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I'm going to get grief for this but f*** it.

cops are crazy!!!! They have superiority complexes and those who are actually nice and don't have serious issues have what I like to call the superman complex.
People who choose to protect and serve are the ones that expect the world to kneel at their whim.
exception: again the superman syndrome (which I suffer from) requires no thanks. but has serious personal issues.

bad, bad man. I would've handled it the same but i would have called the police just to scare him.

Love4himies
January 14th, 2008, 11:40 AM
There is nothing I can add about this jacka$$ that hasn't already been said. Why are people so awful.

Chloe is such a lovebug :cloud9:.

krdahmer
January 15th, 2008, 10:37 AM

You said it! Plus if he's threatening to arrest ya anyway... might as well make it worth his while!!!:rolleyes: What a :loser:

sizzledog
January 15th, 2008, 11:11 AM
ARRRGH I feel your pain... there was a guy at our dog park who was the exact same way. He'd bring toys (Chuckit, frisbee, tug toys) to play with his dog, and get mad if other dogs tried to play too. I mean helloooo.... it's a dog park (or, in your case, sound slike a dog beach!) They can't expect that only their dog will want to play with the toys they bring!

Ilsa was hit by the guy, because he was waving around the ChuckIt stick and Ilsa's favorite toy is a chuckit. She ran up and waited for him to throw the ball , and he reached down and smacked her. I immediately called her and told him that he was lucky I hadn't brought my other dog, the one that would have taken his face off if he'd swung at him - and to NEVER hit my dog (or any dog) ever again. The guy said someting like, "Well, she was trying to play with MY dog's toys!", to which I reposnded, "Listen mister, this is a DOG PARK. Lots of dogs here, you see. If you don't want other dogs to show interest in the toys you've brought... GO SOMEWHERE ELSE where there aren't other dogs, you idiot!"

He left, but not for good. His dog ended up attacking a Saint Bernard and doing some major damage... THEN he decided that he'd never come back.

I'm glad Chloe is okay, and not traumatized by the event. I'm jealous, I wish I had a nice beach like that... Chloe must really enjoy her beach outings!!! :D

Bluedrake
January 20th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Un-fricking-believable!:yell: It's bad enough when people hit their own dogs, but when they hit other people's! :mad:

Look on the bright side: if that jerk really was a cop and he had been on duty, he'd probably have tasered your dog. Cops with that kind of attitude are VERY taser happy.

Chloe sure is a cutie though :lovestruck: Gl;ad to know she is alright and enjoyed herself!

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
January 24th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Wow, what a nutcase! I would have drowned him.

SARAH
January 24th, 2008, 06:06 PM

Sounds like a plan ... too late for the licence plate, but the media coverage ...

Awesome pictures!

IMO, a LOT of cops are the kids that were picked at when they were at school. They hide behind a badge to get even, only they now pick on people who never did anything to them in the first place :frustrated:

If you don't want to take it any further with his bosses, how about a letter to the newspaper. Depending on police politics in your area, you may start something, but then at least you would have the option of declining to say more.

Yup, totally agree. And I liked the vivid description there, "pea-brained-d1ck-le$$-moron" sums it up very nicely! What a prize jerk!

maggiemay
January 24th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Ugh that is horrible. i could never imagine someone else hitting my maggie. :mad:
if he was that quick to hit someone elses dog i wonder if he would hit someone elses child???

thats ridiculous, to not feel safe to go play with your dog at the beach.
worrying that someone (a cop even) would want to hurt your dog...

people like that should not be out in public.