Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cuz violated, other toys MIA

otter
January 13th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Dread of all dreads, Molly worst fears have come true. Cuz has been totally violated and all the other toys are missing http://bestsmileys.com/crying/8.gif

Last night we went out for a walk late and I noticed most of the toys were missing. This morning we went on a search for them and found poor Cuz in the field beside my house, covered in little teeth marks, missing half a foot and all his horns :eek:. Good cuz was no where to be found as were three other balls. :eek:

Do you think wild animals would make an assault on toys like this? Maybe a fox??

Poor Molly is in mourning :sad:

Guess we have to make sure all the toys are securely IN the house after play time. We're gonna need a "sign out" board for them, I can never keep track of who is in and who is out :yell:

Finally, when we found Cuz he'd been peed on, the horror :eek:. Any ideas how to get that nasty musky smell out of rubber?? (animal must be male:frustrated:, i'm guessing)

Lukka'sma
January 13th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Peee'd on.......oh poor cuz:eek:
The solution sold as skunk odour remover, any of those kinds of things sold to kill the enzymes that pee produces would give second wind to cuz.
I hope Molly can get to the nearest Petsmart and pick out some new toys soon:)

SnowDancer
January 13th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Re The Cuz - since you mentioned the feet being removed - I am assuming you have/had the "regular" Cuz - not a chance in this lifetime my Eskie would have had one of those - the feet would have been torn off within a second - he has the "OTHER Cuz" - the newer version with the "stub like" feet. He has 3 of them and so far he has been very kind to them - licks them and lightly gnaws. The store where I bought them in Toronto has had great success with the Other Cuz - people who had previously purchased the regular used to remove the feet before giving to the dog based on previous experience and worry that dog would do it first - now no such worries. Re the smell I would also try a "pee" smell remover.

Kristin7
January 13th, 2008, 12:57 PM
omg, I'm sorry, but I find this funny! Can you imagine, a fox out there tossing around some dog toys!! :laughing: I'd love to see that!

otter
January 13th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I hope Molly can get to the nearest Petsmart and pick out some new toys soon
That's the real tragedy, no pet stores where I live (3 hours to the nearest). We gotta wait for mail order :yell:

and that means we have to start again with squeeky cuzs, after Molly did such a good job of desqueeking and Mom was enjoying sqeekless play :sad:

Guess it could have been worse, they could have taken my chickens :eek: (must remember to reinforce the chicken coop door!)

otter
January 13th, 2008, 01:44 PM
omg, I'm sorry, but I find this funny! Can you imagine, a fox out there tossing around some dog toys!! :laughing: I'd love to see that!
Would be quite a sight! :laughing:

Maybe our fox friend has an early litter of kids - needed some toys for them too, I can only hope the toys have been appreciated, not eaten :eek:

The solution sold as skunk odour remover, any of those kinds of things sold to kill the enzymes that pee produces would give second wind to cuz.
great suggestion! Skunk odour removing shampoo did the trick, one slightly maimed Cuz is back in action! Molly says THANKS :thumbs up

rainbow
January 13th, 2008, 03:16 PM
So, does Molly still like the used and abused Cuz now that it's missing some body parts? Does it still sqeak? :D

breeze
January 13th, 2008, 03:21 PM
dod you want to desqueak it??

take a long but thin pointy obect and puncture it in the squeaker you will here a pop and then it will be desqueaked :D

I have to do this cause Mike can't stand the noise, if left up to him he would have both good and evil removed from the house :eek:

rainbow
January 13th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Only the evil Cuz has been desqueaked at our house....by whom I don't know. :D It is also hornless and missing half a foot. :rolleyes:

The good Cuz is two weeks newer (and has the hollowed feet) and is still intact. :fingerscr The sqeaker in that one seems louder as well. :shrug:

We actually don't mind the squeaker because as long as we can hear it then we know body parts aren't being removed. :D

otter
January 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM
So, does Molly still like the used and abused Cuz now that it's missing some body parts? Does it still sqeak? :D
No squeek left (though that was pre attack). Molly wasn't too impressed with Cuz when I gave it to her after it's bath. Maybe in time their bond will be re-established. :fingerscr

take a long but thin pointy obect and puncture it in the squeaker you will here a pop and then it will be desqueaked
good to know - I haven't had a squeeky Cuz for a while so I can't remember how bad it was, I may have had more tolerance in the past :o

It is also hornless and missing half a foot. maybe it's the new fashion for evil cuz?

rainbow
January 13th, 2008, 03:43 PM
No squeek left (though that was pre attack). Molly wasn't too impressed with Cuz when I gave it to her after it's bath. Maybe in time their bond will be re-established. :fingerscr

She can probably smell the skunk shampoo. :yuck: I think you're going to have to buy her a new one :thumbs up .....and, a spare too. :D

otter
January 13th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I think you're going to have to buy her a new one .....and, a spare too.
Only today I was wondering if it wouldn't be cheaper to get Molly another dog to play with rather than all the $$ I spend on toys :laughing::laughing: Hmmmm...

Frenchy
January 13th, 2008, 04:54 PM
:yell: poor Molly !! Not her favorite toy ! :eek: You can give this to Molly , it's a help line.

1-800-cuz-abuse :cool:

otter
January 13th, 2008, 05:02 PM
1-800-cuz-abuse Molly is getting them on the line asap! She sure would like this :evil: caught!

:laughing: (oops, I really shouldn't laugh, she's rather distraught)

hazelrunpack
January 14th, 2008, 12:10 AM
:eek: Aw, poor Molly! Poor Molly's toys!!!! :eek:

I now better appreciate why the Sheriff spends so much time guarding Hazel Run from the Evil Denizens of the Wide World--he's actually protecting Toys! :dog:

How peculiar, though... Why would a wild animal steal some and pee on another? :confused: hazel doesn't know, but :sorry:, it strikes me as funny, too! :laughing:

Maybe you hit on the answer--the fox had kits and they were drivin' her crazy! She was forced to purloin Molly's stash so they'd give her a few moments of peace. :D

otter
January 14th, 2008, 12:36 AM
:eek: Aw, poor Molly! Poor Molly's toys!!!! :eek:

I now better appreciate why the Sheriff spends so much time guarding Hazel Run from the Evil Denizens of the Wide World--he's actually protecting Toys! :dog:

How peculiar, though... Why would a wild animal steal some and pee on another? :confused: hazel doesn't know, but :sorry:, it strikes me as funny, too! :laughing:

Maybe you hit on the answer--the fox had kits and they were drivin' her crazy! She was forced to purloin Molly's stash so they'd give her a few moments of peace. :D

It's been quite a travesty. The wild world continues to keep us puzzled :confused:

Could we borrow the Sheriff for a while, to get this varmit under control? The varmits seem to really respect Cole's authority :D Maybe he'd be willing to share some strategies with Molly?

growler~GateKeeper
January 14th, 2008, 02:59 AM
:sad: poor Molly :2huggers: not to worry Mum will get you a new cuz buddy :grouphug: