Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found Dog Lumberton NC

shirley1011
January 11th, 2008, 09:14 AM
This is a dog that has been found in Lumberton NC and is very badly injured and in care of a vet at Bairds Animal Hospital
3169 Elizabethtown Rd.
Lumberton, NC 28358
910-739-4998
She appears to be a black lab cross. The local papers have denied a story to help raise awareness and funds so anything we can do help find the owners or donations to help with the huge medical be would be appreciated.
They are calling her "Skye"

SARAH
January 11th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Oww, poor widdle doggie :cry: injured how? Car hit-and-run type thing? Wonder if she was dumped at the side of the road or got away from a loving home somehow ... it's so sad :sad: :dog:

Lots of :goodvibes: and :fingerscr for her!!

want4rain
January 11th, 2008, 11:26 AM
i contacted them today, they werent very forthcoming (understandably) with information. we dont have anything financially to give but we may be able to make fliers for free and put them up. they said she had a dislocated hip and a broken tail that had to be removed. :( poor baby. i wish we had more room here. Mister sure could use a playmate. (im secretly holding my breath to foster!!! but i have to run that by the hubby.... its unlikely!!! hope i dont suffocate!!! she looks *just* like Mister in that picture... his MOMMY!!! PET ME!! face)

-ashley

Love4himies
January 11th, 2008, 11:54 AM
i contacted them today, they werent very forthcoming (understandably) with information. we dont have anything financially to give but we may be able to make fliers for free and put them up. they said she had a dislocated hip and a broken tail that had to be removed. :( poor baby. i wish we had more room here. Mister sure could use a playmate. (im secretly holding my breath to foster!!! but i have to run that by the hubby.... its unlikely!!! hope i dont suffocate!!! she looks *just* like Mister in that picture... his MOMMY!!! PET ME!! face)

-ashley

You know that foster moms on this forum have an extremely high failure rate, don't you. ;)

You may not have money to give but fostering is giving your love and time :thumbs up.

want4rain
January 11th, 2008, 12:15 PM
You know that foster moms on this forum have an extremely high failure rate, don't you.

shush!!!

-ash

shirley1011
January 11th, 2008, 01:14 PM
You guys are awsome...the email I got said they were concerned that there would not be a shelter in LUmberton may not have room to take her.
Hope a foster can be found..she is so adorable.

want4rain
January 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM
how the heck did you get an email for a dog in NC all the way up in Canada??? if you dont mind me asking. :o

-ash

shirley1011
January 15th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Just had an update on Sky..she has been released from the animal hospital and is with the Humane Society there...but still looking for a foster home or forever home. A group of caring souls have managed to raise a little over half of her vet bill....

want4rain
January 15th, 2008, 06:20 PM
ive been waiting to hear back from a sponsor for her. i kicked off a few emails the day i read this before. there has been a little drama(not bad!!) kicked up on this end so i dont know how possible fostering would be. do you have the number for the HS she is at??

-ash

shirley1011
January 16th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Sky is at Friends for Life in Lumberton 910-738-8282