Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

everlasting friendship - may be offensive to some

jiorji
January 10th, 2008, 03:41 PM
sorry if it offends....i think this is a great story. Since I have 2 pets too, it kind of touched me...in a morbid way:shrug:

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=83348&in_page_id=2

dmc123
January 10th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I think that was a very sweet story - how could that offend.

When I read it to my roomie, she reminded me of the story of her dog from the past, Bronson, who after a day or so, dug up his pal, Squirty who had recently been buried. Bronson didn't bring her inside, but he wanted his friend back. Roomie said he just stood there at the unearthed grave - looking sad, like get up and play with me.

Diane

jiorji
January 10th, 2008, 06:46 PM
it may sound a bit morbid to some. But it's such a cute story:sad:

want4rain
January 10th, 2008, 07:32 PM
awww, if people had such dedication and love.... no, wait a sec.... maybe its a good thing we dont!!!!

-ash

Frenchy
January 10th, 2008, 07:38 PM
A bit morbid but very cute !

TeriM
January 10th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Awww, I found that very sweet :angel:.

growler~GateKeeper
January 11th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Animals have such strong emotional bonds that most humans could only hope to understand someday.

My Homeopath Vet made me realise the death of Duffys' best bud :dog: :rip: Cally & her life long companion :cat: :rip: Mischief most likely contributed to her getting HyperThyroidism (which is often associated w/loss & death).

The bond between buddies is not something to be taken lightly. :)

Love4himies
January 11th, 2008, 07:06 AM
That is such a sweet story. My Puddles has never been the same since Snowball passed away.

SARAH
January 11th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I know Spoutnik II would have done that to Zorro :rip:? had he been burried in the garden. As it is, we never discovered what happened to Zorro. He went out at midnight and was gone forever at 5 am :candle::cat: Spoutnik searched for days, going out from the house in all directions and back to the house in one-hour trips, obviously covering all the ground that he could. Needless to say, so did we, on foot, bicycle and by car, calling, searching, knocking on doors, calling the local vets etc ... no Zorro :confused: :sad:

I think it's a sweet story jiorji!

Jim Hall
January 11th, 2008, 11:37 AM
WHen my lab stoner passed away his companin a little orange cat named sherbert was so inconsolable it made us cry

jiorji
January 11th, 2008, 11:47 AM
awww :cry: all your stories are all so sad. Kinda makes me glad that my kitties aren't that close. I'd hate to see them suffer such loss, especially since I'm not entirely sure animals understand "death". I think they see things differently, but how do they know their friend died and is to never come back??

:yell::yell::cry:

Jim Hall
January 11th, 2008, 12:02 PM
you would be suprised i bet how much your kitts have bonded even if they dont show it /

kit1469
January 11th, 2008, 01:40 PM
reminds me of baby and page.. Baby passed away in september :rip: and page still sits at the door waiting for her to come in , looks through the house for her when the treats are brought out and looks through every inch of the van when she gets a ride .. im sure that she will never forget her doggy gaurdian ..

chico2
January 11th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Before I buried my Peppi in the backyard,I left him for a bit in the carrier on the deck and it was really sweet to see Rocky sniff and lay down beside the carrier,as if waiting for Peppi to wake up,Chico was just a baby then.
Animals have no concept of death and dying,but I think they know if life has left a friend,no heartbeat,no breathing.
Rocky said his good-byes by laying beside Peppi.

Jiorji,that story was in no way offensive,more like a wonderful love-story:lovestruck:although finding my dead cat with the pup,whould have bothered me,but also amazed me.

SolaMio
January 12th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Animals must "understand" death and dying in some way even though they don't have the same reasoning as humans. My folks bred Saint Bernards when I was really young, and they always tell a story about when they had to put Bradley (male) down. He had been sick for a while with a tumour, and they had gone back and forth out of town for surgeries and treatments but to no avail. When the returned from the vet for the last time without Bradley, they said that Josette (his mate) looked up hopefully and when she didn't see Bradley she "knew" he wasn't coming home and just laid and put her head down.
:rip: Bradley and Josette

amatazes
January 12th, 2008, 08:53 AM
adorable story.

def. not offensive. I'm offensive, that's just sweet.

NoahGrey
January 12th, 2008, 11:19 AM
This is a sweet story. I think it reinstates how intelligant animals are. And that they love wholeheartly. The bond that those two shared. The story makes you want to cry.

ACO22

kiara
January 12th, 2008, 02:12 PM
What a beautiful and touching story. I have two cats. When my tortie Natasha was sick and at a vet hospital for a few days, her sister Kiara looked everywhere for her. They share everything together, they are unseparable.