Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Deadly Pile Up in Orlando

jesse's mommy
January 9th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I feel so bad for people and families involved in this accident:

http://www.wesh.com/slideshow/news/15009685/detail.html

It was a horrible accident in Southern Orlando that is still not cleaned up. Take a look at some of the aerial pictures. It looks like snow capped mountains. The weatherman just said the fog is going to be just as bad tomorrow. The accident today was caused by fog and a controlled fire that got out of control.

Frenchy
January 9th, 2008, 10:19 PM
omg ! So many vehicules :sad:

jesse's mommy
January 9th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Did you see the 8th picture in? That one was completely jaw dropping. :eek:

breeze
January 9th, 2008, 10:25 PM
that is terrible OMG unreal what fog can do!!:eek::grouphug::grouphug:

Frenchy
January 9th, 2008, 10:25 PM
I only saw 2 pictures . I'll go back and look again. ....

Frenchy
January 9th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Holy crap ! :sad:

jesse's mommy
January 9th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I know. I couldn't even imagine being involved in that. They actually have to repave the Eastbound lane because of this. :candle:

bendyfoot
January 9th, 2008, 10:35 PM
We've had some unreal fog in Ottawa for the past few days. Enough to completely shut down our airport...nothing in or out. I had to drive home in the dark on Monday (into a rural area with no lights)...I couldn't see the lines on the pavement and couldn't tell if I was on the right side of the road or heading into a ditch most of the time, it was pretty scary.
I'm actually surprised we haven't had any major incidents like this one...it's so sad and so horrible for the people and families involved...

Stacer
January 10th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Jeez, that's horrible. There was a huge pile up like that a couple years ago on the 401 heading towards Windsor caused by fog.

Take a look at picture 20, it looks like the cars are driving into a lake, but it's thick thick fog. it's nuts.

Lukka'sma
January 10th, 2008, 09:40 AM
When I heard about this yesterday I immediately thought about you and Jesse and had my :fingerscr that you were both OK and not involved.
Our news reported only 3 people seriously hurt? Doesn't seem possible with the footage they showed last night on the news. Terrible for the families and people involved in such a tragic accident

hazelrunpack
January 10th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I saw the pictures on the news last night. :eek: What a nightmare! I guess there were some victims trapped in the burning cars. :sad:

Glad you weren't in that, JM! :grouphug:

amatazes
January 10th, 2008, 10:05 AM
wow. that's crazy.