Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Betrayed!!!

luckypenny
January 9th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Penny was MY girl. Always used to lay by my feet (not just while I was cooking :p ) and follow me around everywhere. She even had to be the one to lay closest to me on my side of the bed each night. So, lately, I've been wondering, "what's up with Penny :confused: ?" She hasn't been velcroed to me in a while since before the holidays :shrug: (I had to put in a lot of extra hours at work).

Upon some investigating, this is where she's been spending her quiet time every evening :frustrated:.....with Daddy! The mean old man who's pet name for her used to be "fleabag" :eek: . The man who didn't want another dog :sad: ! The man who asked when was I bringing her back to where she came from :frustrated: !

I thought I was fooling him when I brought her home under the pretense of just fostering for a few days but I guess the joke's on me :o :laughing: .

"Hey Dad, wuzzup? Mind if I make myself comfy while you watch the game?"

Rottielover
January 9th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Knowing your husband(meeting him) I so find this really funny.
Poor you though. Penny your mommy misses you go back to the light side. LOL:D

luckypenny
January 9th, 2008, 08:24 PM
"Not much longer Dad. Just need to find the right spot."

jiorji
January 9th, 2008, 08:28 PM
awww i love that last pic.
Penny "aaaahhh daddy luuuuuuuuuuuuvs me!! mom you seeing this??:evil:"

and i love your poster:cloud9:

luckypenny
January 9th, 2008, 08:30 PM
"Ahh, this is real good, Dad :lovestruck: ."

Rottielover
January 9th, 2008, 08:32 PM
There goes his little bad daddy image out the window. LOL

BusterBoo
January 9th, 2008, 08:36 PM
:cloud9: Penny is in love....

Great pictures!!!!

luckypenny
January 9th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Knowing your husband(meeting him) I so find this really funny.

The impression he gave you in just 2 meetings is the impression I've had for the past 16 years :eek: . We were both wrong :laughing: . He's not a man to wear his heart on his sleeve...more like tucked away in his back packet :D .

awww i love that last pic.
Penny "aaaahhh daddy luuuuuuuuuuuuvs me!! mom you seeing this??:evil:"

and i love your poster:cloud9:

Thanks Jiorji. Took that down from a theater 12 years ago and had it laminated. I like it too :) .

Frenchy
January 9th, 2008, 08:41 PM
There goes his little bad daddy image out the window. LOL

Oh I know guys like him , yep , just an image :D

I can see Ava was already very comfy :laughing:

luckypenny
January 9th, 2008, 08:48 PM
:cloud9: Penny is in love....

I think Daddy is too :D .

I can see Ava was already very comfy :laughing:

And she's such a gentle lady about it too. Not in-your-face like Penny :laughing: . Right before Christmas, I thought I'd ask Hubby how he felt about Ava. All he said was, "she's a real good girl." Coming from him, I know that means he's absolutely smitten by her :cloud9: .

SARAH
January 9th, 2008, 09:06 PM
LOL, another oversized lap-dog !!

ancientgirl
January 9th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I challenge anyone to resist any loving animal sleeping on their lap. Whether it's a 3 pound kitty or a 100 pound dog, it's just the most wonderful feeling for an animal to trust you enough to be THAT vulnerable to you.

Those are such sweet pictures. Men, they talk tough, but they're softies sometimes.

the gang
January 9th, 2008, 09:32 PM
i just love these tough men lol

breeze
January 9th, 2008, 10:05 PM
maybe you can win her back :D maybe with extra cookies??:laughing::laughing:

cuddling doggies :cloud9::cloud9::lovestruck:

jesse's mommy
January 9th, 2008, 10:15 PM

cuddling doggies :cloud9::cloud9::lovestruck:

But Daddy has beer. :laughing:

luckypenny
January 9th, 2008, 10:27 PM

:laugh:

He doesn't share :laughing: .

luckypenny
January 9th, 2008, 10:29 PM

I've tried but she just runs back to Daddy once she's inhaled them :frustrated: :D .

jesse's mommy
January 9th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I've tried but she just runs back to Daddy once she's inhaled them :frustrated: :D .

Because she has to wash them down with the beer. :laughing:

breeze
January 9th, 2008, 10:30 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

luckypenny
January 9th, 2008, 10:33 PM

:laughing: Too funny!!!!

Frenchy
January 9th, 2008, 10:35 PM

:laughing: :laughing:

bendyfoot
January 9th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Awwwww...Penny wuvs her Daddy!!!:lovestruck:

14+kitties
January 9th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Such wonderful pictures! Doesn't it just warm your heart when Daddy's fall hard for someone they didn't really want in the first place? :cloud9:

luckypenny
January 9th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Such wonderful pictures! Doesn't it just warm your heart when Daddy's fall hard for someone they didn't really want in the first place? :cloud9:

Yep, that's what he said seriously to me too when we first started seeing each other..."Don't ever think I'll fall in love with you..." :rolleyes: Such a jerk :mad: :D but I fell in love with him anyways :lovestruck: . Still think he's a mean jerk though :laughing:

14+kitties
January 9th, 2008, 11:35 PM
:rolleyes: Sometimes they all are. But he can't be all bad if you and the doggies love him.
I am trying to get mine to accept the kitties a little more. He tolerates them because he loves me but he will never love them. But then again he totally changed his mind about toy poodles when he met my little bundle of joy. He will be as heartbroken as me when she goes. :sad:

luckypenny
January 9th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Well, he's hung around for 15+ years (although he used to say it was because I always had beer in the fridge :rolleyes: when we first met) . If he can love me :crazy:, then falling in love with the dogs should be a cinch for him :laughing: .

growler~GateKeeper
January 10th, 2008, 01:50 AM
cute pics LP :D

Tough guy? pffft :rolleyes: I think Penny & Ava have him wrapped around their little paws :D

Love4himies
January 10th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Yup, looks like hubby is a big softy. The pretense of "fostering" is an excellent idea:lightbulb:. We need to keep a list of reasons and plans on how to get our hubbies to allow another pet in the house.

Notice how the remote doesn't leave his hand lol.

Ford Girl
January 10th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Oh, my Penny...I love her. :lovestruck: If Ava (it's Ava right?) would move ther'd be plenty of room for Penny:rolleyes:...and I am sure she knows it....:laughing:

Your DH is the same as mine, all "mean" and "tough" till they get caught on camera. :D

Is that a pic of him wiping kisses off? LOL!

luckypenny
January 10th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Notice how the remote doesn't leave his hand lol.

Not until you pointed it out :laughing: :laughing: .

Is that a pic of him wiping kisses off? LOL!

And trying to prevent her from nibbling his face :D . She has this habit of calmly staring at you, usually with her chin on your lap or shoulder. As soon as you merely glance at her, she turns into a jumping jelly bean and insists on nibbling your face :lovestruck: . But only with family members and friends she trusts...strangers are asked to keep their faces away from her :o .

hazelrunpack
January 10th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Cute pics, LP :cloud9:--sorry about your recent loss, though... :grouphug: We won't abandon you like that! :p

We need to keep a list of reasons and plans on how to get our hubbies to allow another pet in the house.

speak for yourself kimosabe! :laughing: I've got plenty! :p

And trying to prevent her from nibbling his face :D . She has this habit of calmly staring at you, usually with her chin on your lap or shoulder. As soon as you merely glance at her, she turns into a jumping jelly bean and insists on nibbling your face :lovestruck: . But only with family members and friends she trusts...strangers are asked to keep their faces away from her :o .

She's another Lil Belle! Lil Belle isn't happy if she doesn't have a face to lick! :dog:

chico2
January 10th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Aww Luckypenny,look at that tough guy with his beer and remote and a big doggy all over him,just adorable,me think's he is just a big softy:laughing:

rainbow
January 11th, 2008, 01:14 AM
LP, your big, mean, macho hubby sounds exactly like mine. :o

When they're good, they're "his boys" :rolleyes:....when they're bad, they're mine. :rolleyes:

I love the pics :lovestruck: ....I'm going to have to try to get some of the same captured here. :D

shredy
January 11th, 2008, 01:35 AM
I totally know your pain, Chloe has picked my BF as her snuggle partner for the last few weeks and I am no longer good enough :sad:

He didn't even want a puppy, although as soon as we got her he fell in love

TeriM
January 11th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Awww Penny was just jealous of Ava and wanted to make sure daddy still loves her :lovestruck:.