Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Investigators probe death of puppy

TKW
January 9th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Investigators probe death of puppy
Jan, 08 2008 - 2:40 PM

VANCOUVER/CKNW(AM980) - Eileen Drever with the SPCA says the puppy was beaten to death by a man with a hammer after the man claims the dog bit him.
"It disgusts me, I can't believe, I just hate to imagine what this dog went through before he finally succumbed to his injuries but, this is where the BC SPCA will take over and present this charge to crown, and hopefully the charge will be accepted."

She says it's common for puppies of that age to bite because they're teething.

The man could face up to six months in jail if he's convicted of animal cruelty charges.

Investigators say the puppy was being kept in an apartment bathroom in the 1100 of Harwood in Vancouverís west end.

SARAH
January 9th, 2008, 03:16 PM
:evil: :evil: man :wall: shoot him in the :censored: !!

amatazes
January 9th, 2008, 03:21 PM
wtf. what a douche bag. I can't understand people who can lift there hand to an animal.
dirty a**hole

SARAH
January 9th, 2008, 03:44 PM
But ... Daisy-Duke, the microwaved cat and now this hammered puppy ... are people going crazy ?? :confused::yell::frustrated: :wall: What the :censored: is going on? Too many solar oexplosions? A moon-phase? The ozone hole? Why are there so many more evil people these days? Is it just because there are so many more people in general?

Sylvie
January 9th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Why?

There are no words to express how I feel. There really is so much cruelty out there!!!

growler~GateKeeper
January 9th, 2008, 11:49 PM
From Vancouver CKWX News AM 1130
A 28-year-old man charged with killing his pet pit bull has been granted bail.

Kenneth James Stuart was charged with one count of causing pain and one count of taking the life of a dog, after police came to his West End apartment yesterday.

Police say a dog had been killed with a hammer.

Bail was set at $1000, and Stewart was ordered not to possess any animals.

The :censored: judge gave the :censored: moron bail :yell::mad::frustrated: - he's now out on $1000 bail with the restriction not to be in the presence of any animal

:rip: sweet innocent baby :dog: :candle:

Love4himies
January 10th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Maybe they didn't have wives or children to beat, so they took it out on their dogs:evil: The law has to start recognizing that animal abuse is an indication of a violent person who would not hesitate to hit a human. They lack empathy and self control.

Poor dogs

:rip: little sweeties.

TKW
January 30th, 2008, 06:52 PM
http://www.cknw.com/news/news_local.cfm?cat=7428545912&rem=84555&red=80154523aPBIny&wids=242&gi=1&gm=news_local.cfm

TKW
January 30th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Are we getting the message out to these psychos?

Amy P
January 31st, 2008, 12:48 PM
I can't believe he got a slap on the wrist!!! :yell: Are you kidding a two year ban on having an animal!!!! Here's an idea...:lightbulb:...How about never again should he be allowed to own or even be able to touch another animal in his life! Someone like that should be monitored the rest of his life!!! :wall: