Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Blowing away

chico2
January 9th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Hubby is gone for a couple of days,so I took the kitties out,in danger of blowing away,WOW it's windy!
Rocky,the best scratchboard is a natural one and Vinnie not liking the wind howling,Rocky ready to attack his feathery toy!

chico2
January 9th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Ok,what happened??Here they are..

SARAH
January 9th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Seems to be calming down here now. It was real calm this morning but windy in the city from what Lewis told me from work. Now it's calming after I had to run after my garbage pail (not far luckily) but sounds like it's moving your way.

chico2
January 9th, 2008, 12:53 PM
In the second pic,Vinnie is checking out the feathery remains of a Pigeon caught by a Hawk.
Vinnie wondering what's going on on the other side:cat:
Chico only went as far as the door,scared of the wind,so no pics..

Frenchy
January 9th, 2008, 12:58 PM
They seem to enjoyed their little outings. Nelly would not even stay outside this morning , she didn't like the wind one bit. :shrug:

ancientgirl
January 9th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I love the first picture of Rocky and the last picture of Vinnie.

Chico's no fool. He's inside all warm and comfy.:D

14+kitties
January 9th, 2008, 01:33 PM
It's so much fun watching kitties playing outside. Mine are all hiding in their house right now from this mean, nasty wind! Very cute pics!:cloud9:

amatazes
January 9th, 2008, 01:56 PM
huh. too cute. I wish I had a yard to let my cookie monster out once in while. so sweet.

chico2
January 9th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Sarah,the wind is terrible here,so it's not coming,it's here:yell:
I just came back from walking Bailey,holding on to her,a poop-bag and the hood on my jacket,proved problematic:laughing:
I even had to go out and secure the poolcover,it was threatening to blow away.
Yes ancient,Chico is one smart boy,much nicer inside.
Did I say I HATE wind!!

SARAH
January 9th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I kinda like wind, only I know what havock it can provoke and that I do not like at all!

Misti hasn't been out on the deck today (wet and windy? No thanks!) and the dogs just ran down to poop and back in asap! Spoutnik of course, doesn't have a harness yet and does not have the opportunity to go get tangled in the table legs outside :wall:

phoozles
January 9th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I love the way Vinnie's white coat stands out so brightly! :lovestruck:

I'm with you, chico2, I hate the wind - I don't mind it when it's warm, but the cold one today makes me want to curl up into a ball!

JanM
January 9th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Did I see right, Chico2 - no snow???? WOW - but yes, the wind can - and does play havoc. We've had terrible winds here most of the winter and yet another wind warning out for tonight!

Shadow likes to sit in the window and watch things blow around :D Smart boy!

chico2
January 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Jan,no there is NO snow on the ground,all melted this week,with up to +13C,even today it was +7C,but the wind is terrible.
Phoozles,Yes he is really bright white,I had another white cat once(Peppi :rip:)and he had a yellow tint to his fur.

JanM
January 9th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Right now I would be tempted to trade places with you, Chico2 :D We have rain, snow and wind! YUK!

jiorji
January 9th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I love plump Vinnie :D
It makes Peanut happy to know there's other "full figured" cats on this board :laughing::cloud9:

but sounds like it's moving your way.

that's impossible. The wind currents travel from west to east:p

growler~GateKeeper
January 10th, 2008, 01:01 AM
I like the pics w/Rocky having a good scratch on the limb & the one of Rocky looking through the fence w/Vinnie beside him standing on the limb

Chico from angle of the pics I've seen Rocky doesn't look too skinny, he looks pretty good :D

chico2
January 10th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Growler,yes,Rocky looks good in pics,but I can feel every backbone and hipbone,his backlegs seem to have lost musclemass(sp?),also he weighs 11 1/2 lb,compared to 16lbs before and he was never fat,just a big kitty:sad:

Now Vinnie,I really have to do something about his weight,maybe feeding raw,which I am going to try,will help..

Love4himies
January 10th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I think you kitties look beautiful, even the full figured Vinnie.

Chico sounds like my HRH Princess Puddles who doesn't like her fur to be ruffled in the wind.

SARAH
January 10th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I think you kitties look beautiful, even the full figured Vinnie.

Full figured :laughing: that's apolite way of putting it :thumbs up NICE !

rainbow
January 11th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I also think that Rocky looks good :lovestruck: and I love the pic of him with his "feathered toy". :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
January 11th, 2008, 02:17 AM
Growler,yes,Rocky looks good in pics,but I can feel every backbone and hipbone,his backlegs seem to have lost musclemass(sp?),also he weighs 11 1/2 lb,compared to 16lbs before and he was never fat,just a big kitty:sad:

Now Vinnie,I really have to do something about his weight,maybe feeding raw,which I am going to try,will help..

That's the trouble w/pics we can only see "so much" :shrug:

Yes I've been told they usually slim down a bit on raw while still eating good - hehe good for Duffy too :D

krdahmer
January 11th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Aw the boys look great! And I bet they liked that wind more than me... it was our streets garbage day! :mad: I awoke at 7 to my neighbours fence clacking against his house and then realized one of my garbage bags was just gone and that my blue box was m.i.a!! I had to chase it down the street and pick up garbage in my housecoat (and pants after I realized just how windy it was... :laughing:... the neighbours got a couple 'leggy' shows!:eek::rolleyes:)

I did love the sun being out though... looks like your guys enjoyed it too! Even Chico while playing it safe. ;)