Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stickiest hand-over

t.pettet
January 8th, 2008, 07:13 PM
This would be amusing if it wern't so ridiculous. Talk about not supervising your kids!. This woman phoned to get her dog groomed and then showed up with a tiny 6 mos. old min. apricot poodle pup. Her 2 kids aged 4 and 3 had given the dog a bath using honey - it was smeared from head to tail right down to the skin on this matted mess. One ear was stuck to the top of the head and the other one under his chin. The tail which hadn't been docked was stuck to his right leg and one of his eyes was shut. She said she'd paid over $500 but would sell it to me for it to me for $200. I now have a sweet little boy with short poodle curls. It took 3 baths, and hours of clipping/scissoring to get him sorted out. I think she should have sold the kids instead. They had to have been busy for atleast 1/2 a hour to get into this sticky mess and where was mummy? I have to find this little guy a home without any kids - he's probably been traumatized from the little darlings.

happycats
January 8th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Awwww poor pup!! I don't know why ssomeone with such young kids would get a pup......bored, not enough to keep them busy?
I'm just happy he fell into the right hands!

As for how long it took, trust me it doesn't take as long as you think, my son smeared 3 of my cats with "got t b u, glued" (it,s a hair care product) and their fur was sticking straight up!!! It certainly didn't take him long at all.....maybe 10 minutes tops! He was playing with his cars on the mat just in the other room, hidden by the couch, I kept hearing him go vrooom vrooom so thought everything was fine, until one of the cats walked by with a mohawk!!

SARAH
January 8th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Poor little thing! What a crazy mom, you know those kids were silent too when they did that, a sure sign of them getting into trouble!

Got a pic???:o

BusterBoo
January 8th, 2008, 07:45 PM
This would be amusing if it wern't so ridiculous. Talk about not supervising your kids!. This woman phoned to get her dog groomed and then showed up with a tiny 6 mos. old min. apricot poodle pup. Her 2 kids aged 4 and 3 had given the dog a bath using honey - it was smeared from head to tail right down to the skin on this matted mess. One ear was stuck to the top of the head and the other one under his chin. The tail which hadn't been docked was stuck to his right leg and one of his eyes was shut. She said she'd paid over $500 but would sell it to me for it to me for $200. I now have a sweet little boy with short poodle curls. It took 3 baths, and hours of clipping/scissoring to get him sorted out. I think she should have sold the kids instead. They had to have been busy for atleast 1/2 a hour to get into this sticky mess and where was mummy? I have to find this little guy a home without any kids - he's probably been traumatized from the little darlings.

t.pettet .... I just sent you a PM.

ancientgirl
January 8th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Well, I've always said it, Stupid people just shouldn't have kids.

Thank goodness you've got the little guy.

BusterBoo
January 8th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Did you manage to get any pictures of this little guy?

t.pettet
January 8th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Sorry I never did buy a digital, I know I should get with the times but I doubt I'd even be able to take pictures let alone post them on the computer. That should be my NY's resolution - buy digital and learn how to use it. I was just thinking how lucky this pup is that the kids didn't cover him with something that would have caused him to be in the vets for awhile. The mom said that the kids had hm in the tub so the poor guy couldn't have escaped. One of the many reasons that I don't adopt out to families with young kids.

Frenchy
January 8th, 2008, 09:33 PM
t.pettet .... I just sent you a PM.

I know where this is going :laughing:

t.pettet , how horrible for this dog ! Poor little thing , and I agree , where the heck was the mom while this was going on ? :mad:

Shaykeija
January 8th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Busterboo's getting a buddy do dah do dah...(he needs a buddy) Le hint hint lol

No more of these....

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee34/classylady720/dancing.gif

rainbow
January 9th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Poor little dog. :sad: Rotten kids. :frustrated: Stupid mother. :mad:

Buster got a playmate yet? :D :fingerscr

Love4himies
January 9th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Awww poor doggie, that family is better off without any pets.

It doesn't take any time for a child to get into trouble. My daughter shampooed her hair with shortening when she was two. I was doing ironing in the next room and and it took only a moment for her to do that, and days of shampooing to get it out.

Love4himies
January 9th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Busterboo's getting a buddy do dah do dah...(he needs a buddy) Le hint hint lol

No more of these....

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee34/classylady720/dancing.gif

Yay for Buster, all doggies need a BFF. When is the little one arriving? Apricot poodles are soo cute.

SARAH
January 9th, 2008, 06:44 AM
[QUOTE=Love4himies;527621]Awww poor doggie, that family is better off without any pets.
QUOTE]

I'd say PETS are better off without that family!!

BusterBoo
January 9th, 2008, 07:16 AM
:frustrated: I had a "discussion" with hubby last night.......so far, it isn't going MY way! I haven't given up yet :pray:

Love4himies
January 9th, 2008, 07:39 AM
:frustrated: I had a "discussion" with hubby last night.......so far, it isn't going MY way! I haven't given up yet :pray:

Arg those darn hubbies! Here are some things you may try:

Can you convince him this is best for Buster who NEEDS a companion, after all he is a pack animal? Are two doggies really more work than one? Should Buster suffer the loneliness of being an only doggie? Can you get a picture of this poor baby who needs to go to childless family and needs a big brother to keep him company?

If all else fails, use the "depressed tears" emotions. Do you think Buster will be trainable to do that too while hubby is in the room?

:fingerscr for Buster getting a new BF!

Love4himies
January 9th, 2008, 07:40 AM
[QUOTE=Love4himies;527621]Awww poor doggie, that family is better off without any pets.
QUOTE]

I'd say PETS are better off without that family!!

:o Yep, you're right, I got it backwards.

BusterBoo
January 9th, 2008, 05:55 PM
:wall: Ok....so i have explained that Buster shouldn't grow up to be an only "child".....I've explained that Buster is healthy, so a new puppy wouldn't put a (bigger) dent in my doggie budget (my poor Harley Dude managed to run up my Credit cards!!), I've explained that feeding one or feeding two won't make a difference.....

My next tactic might center around......If I lived alone, I could have all the doggies I want :sad:

He isn't budging on this one :wall: but I am not ready to give up yet! :fingerscr

I think I have soooo much to give to another puppy, Buster is one loved, spoiled little doggie and I know he would love to have a little brother. :dog:

ancientgirl
January 9th, 2008, 06:11 PM
I don't suppose you can bribe hubby? Does he play golf? Maybe hide his clubs.

He's such a little dog, maybe you can get him and hubby won't even notice he's there.

BusterBoo
January 9th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I don't suppose you can bribe hubby? Does he play golf? Maybe hide his clubs.

He's such a little dog, maybe you can get him and hubby won't even notice he's there.

hhhmm......that's an idea, but somehow when there is an extra fuzzbutt on the bed at night, he might notice!

When I met my hubby, he was a cat-person....never owned a dog, not really interested, so I was lucky to have had Harley and then got Buster. But now that Harley is gone ( :rip: my sweet Dude), the hubby isn't too thrilled with an extra doggie. He loves Buster but just doesn't "get it"...my obsession with dogs!

:fingerscr

rainbow
January 9th, 2008, 07:01 PM
How about adopting a cat and dog together? :D

BusterBoo
January 9th, 2008, 07:06 PM
How about adopting a cat and dog together? :D

Good idea, but Buster isn't "cat friendly"! I really, really, really want another puppy :rolleyes:

Byrd
January 9th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Too bad he couldn't meet puppy, maybe he'd fall in love. :fingerscr

ancientgirl
January 9th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Good idea, but Buster isn't "cat friendly"! I really, really, really want another puppy :rolleyes:

Is there any way to get Buster a little friendlier towards cats? I think getting a cat for hubby might be a good compromise in him giving in to another dog.

Or the suggestion of hubby meeting the new puppy might help too. Maybe you should take a little drive to meet him.

BusterBoo
January 9th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Is there any way to get Buster a little friendlier towards cats? I think getting a cat for hubby might be a good compromise in him giving in to another dog.

Or the suggestion of hubby meeting the new puppy might help too. Maybe you should take a little drive to meet him.

If i can convince hubby to take that drive I will!

However, as I have told t.pettet, if a furever home is found, don't delay because of me. What's important is that this little guy gets a good, safe home where he won't be "stickied" again. :shrug:

ancientgirl
January 9th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Well good luck to you. I know you'll give this little guy a great home.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that hubby gives in.

Some pictures might help.:D

the gang
January 9th, 2008, 08:15 PM
you need to find hubby a doggie that loves him!! i have rescured 3 min pins in the last 3 yrs 1 being a yr ago dumped at 3 months at spca 4 lbs all i heard was no more 4 is enough , i played stupid and came home from work , he said i thought you wanted me to take you to the spca i said whatever, he said ill take you but not sure !!we have enough ,again played stupid already had the dog on reseve he he, walked in the girl said you want to see her he said i guess lol WELLL, THAT WAS THE END OF THE STORY, he fell in love and to boot we have baby lexus born on his--- birthday, i rescue and he falls in love but now at 5 pins ill place them but im done!!! unless one needs help i have 2 srs 3 jrs, and my vet bill 4 yrs ago was 8000.00 so i will love them till its time for me to let them go, hope this helps brenda and the 5 pins.

t.pettet
January 9th, 2008, 08:34 PM
He's coming out of his shell, doesn't walk - prances and is bounding all over the place. We are working on crate training as he isn't completely house trained - he's OK with pooing outside but not 100% with not peeing in the house. He doesn't know sit - imagine having a pup that age who doesn't know even the basics. My 7 yr. old Teddy is teaching him some 'time-out' exercises but this little dog is so excited to have playmates that he does get rambunctious (sp?) and must have emptied the toy box 10 times today trying to entice anyone to tug-of-war or chase me, chase me. He follows everyone outside, 1/2 the time pees like a girl and then makes mad dashes around the trees. He cried in the crate for only a few minutes last night but watched everyone else lie down so gave up and did the same. This 1 guy e-mailed me that he wants a companion for his golden doodle - yea sure - a 10 lb. puppy would be squished.

Frenchy
January 9th, 2008, 09:05 PM
My next tactic might center around......If I lived alone, I could have all the doggies I want :sad:

Just cut the sex hun , he may change his mind in a few days. :mwaha:

BusterBoo
January 10th, 2008, 07:04 AM
:laughing: Frenchy, at our ages....it would take more than a few days!!! :D

want4rain
January 10th, 2008, 07:11 AM
its amazing our menfolk stand a chance!!!

good luck and i think this is a wonderful thing you are doing!!

on the note of kids doing bad things... i had to go to the bathroom, Cailyn was almost 3?? she had an entire 5lb bag of flower she got out of the fridge emptied all over the living room. it wasnt even a LONG potty if you know what i mean!!! im convinced she was waiting for me to leave the room. took 4 hours and 3 vacuum bags to clean up. 6 weeks later i was still finding flour.....

its a good thing she found a new home for the poor pup. at least she had that good sense!! how many people bring the dog back home or worse.... leave them like that?? try to wash them with dawn?? i can think of a hundred ways that could have gone much worse!!

-ashley

-ashley

amatazes
January 10th, 2008, 07:18 AM
well that's just funny. when I was a kid I would've have that done in 5 minutes flat.
it wasn't her fault kids do crazy stuff like that. they don't understand what cruelty is and clearly mommy had too many responsibilities.:)
must be very cute though.

SARAH
January 10th, 2008, 07:24 AM
hhhmm......that's an idea, but somehow when there is an extra fuzzbutt on the bed at night, he might notice!

When I met my hubby, he was a cat-person....never owned a dog, not really interested, so I was lucky to have had Harley and then got Buster. But now that Harley is gone ( :rip: my sweet Dude), the hubby isn't too thrilled with an extra doggie. He loves Buster but just doesn't "get it"...my obsession with dogs!

You know, Lewis was not a cat person at all. In fact, he told me "No cat in my house, ever! I don't like cats!" Did I give up? :evil: a few months later the song went "maybe one day, when we have our own house" :rolleyes: but then before we got that far, for Christmas last year, he sent me a link from petfinder and asked me if I'd like this as a present, because he couldn't think of anything else I needed/wanted. It was a link to Misti's little face! And who is the most "gaga" over her? HE IS :laughing:

To top it off, what did he get me for Christmas this year? Another kitten!

So don't give up, but I also think it's an idea to propose a cat with the new dog. Most dogs understand that the cat INSIDE the house is "theirs" and not some outside neighborhood cat to be chased.

Love4himies
January 10th, 2008, 08:05 AM
So don't give up, but I also think it's an idea to propose a cat with the new dog. Most dogs understand that the cat INSIDE the house is "theirs" and not some outside neighborhood cat to be chased.

That is so true, I had a stray male cat who chose our house to live when I was a teenager, who would attack any cat or dog he saw outside, a ferocious hunter, but would not touch any cat (after I left home got 2 cats, who I brought with me to my parents house when visiting) or a rescued baby squirrel that was in our house.

Love4himies
January 10th, 2008, 01:25 PM
busterboo, check out this post by luckypenny:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=528399#post528399

She used the excuse she was just fostering Penny to get Penny into the house. Once hubby's smitten with the furkid, whamo, you keep Mr Sticky.

SARAH
January 10th, 2008, 01:36 PM
LOL, those poor men, we are just too sneaky for them (most of the time). Harmless mind you, and sooo sweet and well-meaning :angel:s

:laughing:

amatazes
January 10th, 2008, 01:51 PM

:wall: Ok....so i have explained that Buster shouldn't grow up to be an only "child".....I've explained that Buster is healthy, so a new puppy wouldn't put a (bigger) dent in my doggie budget (my poor Harley Dude managed to run up my Credit cards!!), I've explained that feeding one or feeding two won't make a difference.....

He isn't budging on this one :wall: but I am not ready to give up yet! :fingerscr

I think I have soooo much to give to another puppy, Buster is one loved, spoiled little doggie and I know he would love to have a little brother. :dog:

TELL HIM IT'S A RESCUE FROM A HIGH KILL SHELTER AND HE'S ON THE EUTHANASIA LIST. IF YOU DON'T TAKE HIM NO ONE WILL AND THEN HE WILL DIE COLD AND ALONE ON A VET TABLE.

I WOULD GET IT ANYWAY AND TELL HIM TO F OFF. I HAD ONE DAD I DON'T NEED ANOTHER.
HOW BOUT THAT???

14+kitties
January 10th, 2008, 02:04 PM

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread....399#post528399

She used the excuse she was just fostering Penny to get Penny into the house. Once hubby's smitten with the furkid, whamo, you keep Mr Sticky.

SARAH
January 10th, 2008, 02:22 PM

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=528399#post528399

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread....399#post528399

There is a conspiratory echo on this forum. Gotta love it :D

:highfive: girls!

chico2
January 10th, 2008, 03:47 PM
The same way I got Vinnie,a friend of mine found him,asked me if i could take him,hubby said NO WAY,2 cats is enough.
But I sneakily took Vinnie,when another lady who wanted him, said she would have to declaw:yell:
Once hubby saw Vinnie in all his cuteness and funny odd-eyes,he relented and never regretted it:thumbs up

BusterBoo
January 10th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I WOULD GET IT ANYWAY AND TELL HIM TO F OFF. I HAD ONE DAD I DON'T NEED ANOTHER. HOW BOUT THAT???

A little too harsh......:rolleyes:

BusterBoo
January 11th, 2008, 10:30 AM
:sorry: Well, it isn't going to work out......While hubby does object to getting another dog now, he knows that I won't be backing off easily. :wall: :frustrated:

I hope that little pup finds a good home soon... :shrug:

Love4himies
January 11th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Once hubby saw Vinnie in all his cuteness and funny odd-eyes,he relented and never regretted it:thumbs up

I really think men are "visual" and hands on type lovers, and women are emotional lovers. In other words, women can fall in love with an animal due to the animals hard past, where as men need that "I need you" look and a juicy, slobbery kiss and a wiggle of the bum to fall in love.

Love4himies
January 11th, 2008, 11:00 AM
LOL, those poor men, we are just too sneaky for them (most of the time). Harmless mind you, and sooo sweet and well-meaning :angel:s

:laughing::laughing::laughing: yes, we are:D.

SARAH
January 11th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I really think men are "visual" and hands on type lovers, and women are emotional lovers. In other words, women can fall in love with an animal due to the animals hard past, where as men need that "I need you" look and a juicy, slobbery kiss and a wiggle of the bum to fall in love.

OK, I'll be sure to slobber and wiggle when Lewis gets home tonights :laughing: :laughing: maybe I'll get the "hello" before the mutts :frustrated: :laughing: :laughing:

ancientgirl
January 11th, 2008, 11:09 AM
It's true though. I think if BusterBoo's hubby saw the puppy and held the little guy he might change his mind.

14+kitties
January 11th, 2008, 11:45 AM
OK, I'll be sure to slobber and wiggle when Lewis gets home tonights :laughing: :laughing: maybe I'll get the "hello" before the mutts :frustrated: :laughing: :laughing:

Ummmmm, ewwwwwwwwwwwww :yuck::yuck:

Love4himies
January 11th, 2008, 11:58 AM

:laughing: Bet you would.