Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

excessive drooling, barking and like foaming

breeze
January 8th, 2008, 07:55 PM
My neighbour got a male pup (GSD mix) over the christmas holidays, he is now 2 months old. She came to see us tonight with the pup (Zoom) of course, and Bree went nuts!!

The barking was so loud and we could not get her to stop!! Bree also was drooling and almost like foaming at the mouth,(there are puddles on my floor from so much drool) for the whole time Zoom was here..(she did play but Zoom would run and then run into my lap)

Bree still is panting something crazy even now when Zoom went home..

This is the first time we had another dog or pup in the house since Nakita passed..

My question is... Is it normal for a dog to pant, drool and kinda foam at the mouth?? and is it normal for her to pant so much even after Zoom has left??

breeze
January 8th, 2008, 08:04 PM
This is Zoom he is 2 months old and is a GSD mix

They did get to play but the barking was deafining

Winston
January 8th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Winston has foamed occasionally with other dogs and sometimes he will pick up a scent on a walk a foam like crazy!! As for the panting could she just be wound up from the puppy action??

Cindy

Frenchy
January 8th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I think Bree got overly excited. Specially if he wasn't dominating her , she was feeling comfy with him and just left it all hanged out :laughing:

So Bree's got a new buddy ? :thumbs up

breeze
January 8th, 2008, 08:45 PM
So Bree's got a new buddy ? :thumbs up

not all the time, she goes to school so the pup will not be around very often, maybe the summer but then Zoom will be bigger!!

I have never seen Bree this way before and I did not know if it was normal. Now I have to figure out this barking thing..

BusterBoo
January 8th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Harley used to foam when another doggie was in the house or when we went to the Vets, or on walks sometimes. I think it was just a matter of nerves or at least that is what my Vet said. :shrug:

Ford Girl
January 9th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Dazy drools nonstop, over food, socks, tennis balls and during play. She covers all her friends in drool and slobber, they do it back to her too, and it foams at the corners until she wipes it on a friend! LOL!

I also love when they are playing hard and they stop for a drink, one drinks then the other, until it's all gone and walk away from the water bowl while they are still drinking and leave a trail of water everywhere - anyone else know what I mean? The bigger the mouth, the bigger the mess!!

For the barking, my friends doby is a loud player so we say "play quiet" and clap, it stops them long enough to quiet them down, at least for a few seconds. We try to interrupt them if they get loud.

What command do you use for barking now? Anything? Was it Bree barking or the other pooch?

Kristin7
January 9th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Sounds like Bree was just really excited. When I used to go to the dogpark a lot, seems like every time there was a few dogs (at least) foaming at the mouth. And some would drool all over - I always tried to steer clear of them for fear of getting 'slimed' - ewww! :yuck: I think it is normal, but is it normal for Bree? If she isn't often around puppies like that, probably it is nothing to worry about.

breeze
January 9th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I was very worried about last night with bree drooling and foaming, and barking I thought she would never let an other dog or pup into the house..

our other neighbour has a rotti puppy, we went rang the doorbell and stole him his name is harley, brought him to our house so he can play with bree cause he is kept in the cage from morning until they get home from work, and to see if it would happen again..

It went soooo well they played barked of couse but I was able to controll it this time..Bree did not drool or foam at the mouth very much..
She did scare the poor little pup until i found a solultion to the problem..

all in all was a very good time..

he will be bring Harley over again or I am aloud to go steal him to play with Bree...

breeze
January 9th, 2008, 09:42 PM
This is Harley rotti puppy

breeze
January 9th, 2008, 09:49 PM

jiorji
January 9th, 2008, 09:51 PM
*Rottie's Harley looking at pics saying * "wow...do we know each other??" :laughing:

Harley is such a cute puppy :cloud9:

Frenchy
January 9th, 2008, 09:52 PM
They're so cute together :cloud9: does he help exercising Bree ? Is she pooped when he leaves ?

breeze
January 9th, 2008, 09:54 PM
we only had them in the house so it was a controled play..
Bree IS sleeping now but if I went to the door she would be up in a flash :laughing: She must be recharging her batteries..

wdawson
January 9th, 2008, 09:57 PM
yea they are cute together:cloud9:

luckypenny
January 9th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Little Harley looks violated in the 4th pic while Bree is at his bum :laughing: :laughing: . Adorable!

breeze
January 9th, 2008, 10:03 PM
actually little harley is a very calm dog, listens well, I plan on bringing him back on Friday, so Bree can get use to a puppy..:D

wdawson
January 9th, 2008, 10:07 PM
actually little harley is a very calm dog, listens well, I plan on bringing him back on Friday, so Bree can get use to a puppy..:D

get her conditioned to puppies now.......makes it easy for when you get one for yourself:laughing:

breeze
January 9th, 2008, 10:07 PM
get her conditioned to puppies now.......makes it easy for when you get one for yourself:laughing:

thats the plan :thumbs up:thumbs up

wdawson
January 9th, 2008, 10:15 PM

thought it might be:D......bree will enjoy the company soon.......and the pup will tire her......

Frenchy
January 9th, 2008, 10:16 PM

Are we going to get puppy pics in the spring ? :goodvibes:

breeze
January 9th, 2008, 10:17 PM
thought it might be:D......bree will enjoy the company soon.......and the pup will tire her......

but the pup won't be here until june or july so we have alot of time to prepare..

jesse's mommy
January 9th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Jesse gets the drooly/foamy thing everytime she plays too hard. She also gets the drooly/foamy thing whenever she REALLY wants something mommy or daddy is eating. She figures if she saturates your leg she'll get whatever is in your hand as you try to wipe the slobber off. :rolleyes:

breeze
January 9th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Are we going to get puppy pics in the spring ? :goodvibes:

once the pups are born I hope :fingerscr:fingerscr
I think next week we are going to go see the breeder again.... have to confirm

breeze
January 9th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Jesse gets the drooly/foamy thing everytime she plays too hard. She also gets the drooly/foamy thing whenever she REALLY wants something mommy or daddy is eating. She figures if she saturates your leg she'll get whatever is in your hand as you try to wipe the slobber off. :rolleyes:

she scared the hibyjebies out of me last night.... never saw her do that before..

jesse's mommy
January 9th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I think Bree and Jesse are long lost siblings. :evil:

breeze
January 9th, 2008, 10:27 PM
What Bree looked like close up after the pup went home :laughing::laughing:
she did not even move when I got my camera out to take this picture lol lol

growler~GateKeeper
January 10th, 2008, 01:25 AM
awww so cute :lovestruck: Bree playing w/puppy pics :lovestruck::lovestruck: Zoom & Harley are both adorable

More puppy playtime pics is a must :D

Ford Girl
January 10th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Oh, so cute!!! :lovestruck: It's good to keep them socialized, on both ends, for the pup to learn manners and Bree to learn patients. Keep the pictures coming!!! :thumbs up

PS - I love Bree. She has this charm about her...