Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hugs for pbpatti

breeze
January 8th, 2008, 04:18 PM
It is amazing on this forum, how we all become family in one way or another. Weather it is for our fuzzbutts, or the well being for humans.. It affects all of us..

The support that is on this forum is amazing, you can come here rant rave or just cry on someones shoulder.. Someone is always willing to listen and offer comfort, and sometimes solutions..

I would like to offer our suport to pbpatti..
She just lost her husband this morning. and wanted her to know that we are here for her if she ever need a shoulder to lean on..

my condolences to you patti :grouphug: :grouphug::grouphug:
hoping this will get you through the rough times

amatazes
January 8th, 2008, 04:20 PM
same here :grouphug:

:sorry:

SARAH
January 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM
So true Breeze! There are even real face-to-face friendships formed as a result of this forum. No wonder it's so addictive. It's good to see that there are still people out there who care about others and want to help with what they can.

So Patti, please do not hesitate to tell us what we can do to help you, whether in person or on the forum, we're all behind you and supporting you in this difficult time.

:grouphug: :candle: :grouphug:

chico2
January 8th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Patti,although I don't know who you are,my compassion goes out to you in this very difficult time.
I am hoping you have support from your family and friends,but know also we have a great bunch of caring people,who would help you,whether you want to scream,cry,or just simply tell us about your dear husband.

pbpatti
January 8th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I have family and friends and my pets.ca friends thnak you i will treaure and read these over the next while and know about all the people who care about others, even though we have never met. GBless all of you. patti

Ford Girl
January 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM
It is amazing isn't it Breeze?

Count me in too! I don't know you either, but I know that the people here care and are willing to help any way they can.

We are here for you. :grouphug:

badger
January 8th, 2008, 04:45 PM
And death shall have no dominion.
Dead men naked they shall be one
With the man in the wind and the west moon;
When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,
They shall have stars at elbow and foot;
Though they go mad they shall be sane,
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;

- Dylan Thomas

I'm glad you've got family and friends around you, but if you ever need to rant after hours and hesitate to wake them up, we're here for you. And when you're up to it, rent 'Truly,Madly, Deeply' (the poem above figures briefly and poignantly in the film), sad but funny and wonderfully acted.

happycats
January 8th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family.:candle:

14+kitties
January 8th, 2008, 04:58 PM
pbpatti....I am so sorry.:grouphug: :grouphug: :candle:

CearaQC
January 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM
:grouphug::candle::pray:

pbpatti
January 8th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Dead men naked they shall be one
With the man in the wind and the west moon;
When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,
They shall have stars at elbow and foot;
Though they go mad they shall be sane,
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;

- Dylan Thomas

I'm glad you've got family and friends around you, but if you ever need to rant after hours and hesitate to wake them up, we're here for you. And when you're up to it, rent 'Truly,Madly, Deeply' (the poem above figures briefly and poignantly in the film), sad but funny and wonderfully acted.i think this is going to be the best thing because yes there is usally someone around to rant at. thank you patti

dmc123
January 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I too, am very sorry for your loss, Patti - find strength in family and friends, even if only via the internet.

Take care,
Diane

Frenchy
January 8th, 2008, 07:51 PM
omg I didn't know ! :sad: I am so sorry for your loss pbpatti ! :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
January 8th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I'm so sorry, patti. :grouphug: There will always be willing ears here...no matter how far away we might be... :grouphug:

BusterBoo
January 8th, 2008, 08:02 PM
:sorry: so sorry patti, my heartful sympathies to you and your family at this difficult time.

:pray:

clm
January 8th, 2008, 08:12 PM
:candle: I'm so sorry for your loss. :candle:

wdawson
January 8th, 2008, 08:25 PM
i'm sorry to hear about your loss,our condolences to you and your family:grouphug:

krdahmer
January 8th, 2008, 09:09 PM
:candle: :pray::grouphug:

rainbow
January 8th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Patti, I am really sorry to hear about your hubby. :grouphug:

My deepest sympathy to you and the family. :grouphug: :candle:

God looked around His garden and found an empty place
Then He looked down upon this earth and saw a tired face
He put His arms around him and lifted him to rest
God's garden must be beautiful as He only takes the best.

:angel2: :angel2: :angel2: :angel2: :angel2: :angel2: :angel2:

:grouphug:

pbpatti
January 9th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Patti, I am really sorry to hear about your hubby. :grouphug:

My deepest sympathy to you and the family. :grouphug: :candle:

God looked around His garden and found an empty place
Then He looked down upon this earth and saw a tired face
He put His arms around him and lifted him to rest
God's garden must be beautiful as He only takes the best.

:angel2: :angel2: :angel2: :angel2: :angel2: :angel2: :angel2:

:grouphug:thank you rainbow i loved the verse. i am hanging in.
please keep the hugs and wellwishes and prayers coming i may be somewhat out of today but i will need all of these in the near and distant future. thanks sometimes seems like not enough. THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU patti

rainbow
January 9th, 2008, 12:23 AM
It is going to be a difficult time for you for awhile. :sad: Just remember that we are here if you need someone to talk to. :grouphug: :grouphug:

dragon_queen
January 9th, 2008, 06:46 AM
my condolences on your loss. :grouphug:

Love4himies
January 9th, 2008, 06:50 AM
How horrible. :grouphug: to you Patti, we are here for you if you need to talk.

want4rain
January 9th, 2008, 07:03 AM
:candle: for all of those we have cared for, he met them at the bridge.

luckypenny
January 9th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Our deepest sympathies Patti :grouphug: .

marko
January 9th, 2008, 08:26 AM
I am so sorry :sorry: as well pbpatti and I offer you my deepest condolences and sympathy. :candle: :grouphug:

Sincerely,

Marko

JanM
January 9th, 2008, 09:17 AM
My deepest sympathy, pbpatti - I lost my husband 2 years ago and I know how difficult this time is for you. My fur family was of unbelievable help in getting me through the rough spots and yours will too!

My prayers are with you and your family.

Rottielover
January 9th, 2008, 09:32 AM
No words can express how sorry I am for you....My sincere condolences:candle::rip:

mona_b
January 9th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I'm sooooo sorry for your loss.My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..:cry::grouphug::pray::candle::rip::angel2:

My sister lost her husband in March,two days after his 53rd BD...It still hurts us all very much.Especially knowing that his first Grandson is due to be born in a couple of weeks.But he will have his Grandpas name.:cry::cry::cry:

We are here for you.:grouphug:

waste of paint
January 9th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I'm so sorry, Patti. I hope you'll let us know if you need anything and I'll be sending good thoughts your way during this difficult time. :grouphug:

Kristin7
January 9th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I am so sorry for your loss! Hang in there... :grouphug::grouphug:

Jim Hall
January 9th, 2008, 02:51 PM
hugs and good thoughts to patti

growler~GateKeeper
January 9th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Patti I'm so sorry for your loss, we were all :pray:ing & hoping for good results when Hugh came home for the holidays :grouphug: I'm very glad he was surrounded by those he loved & who loved him :candle:

hazelrunpack
January 9th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I hope you were able to get a good night's sleep last night, patti! :grouphug: Our thoughts and prayers are with you...

pbpatti
January 10th, 2008, 01:26 AM
before i came to this thread to read all of your messages i checked out a couple of todays posts:

Betrayed, ahh luckypenny the baby will come back i had a wonderful laugh at your phots of the hubby stealing away your lovey.

breeze: i guess that you don't have a lab lol (smilies not working) they are the ultimate droolers/slobberers. i have decided that the bottom of my slipper will clean up the drops/splashes that sasha leaves just as good as a mop

hey & help: hugs and kisses to harley for getting better quick. you had a difficult time deciding which way to go. whatever choice you make is the right one

update on billy: hooray sounds like he is rallying, best wishes to you smiley14.

i have some grins some sadness some cheers for all of you and the giggles from the pics that you posted.

ps:hazelrunpack i slept well last night but i am not ready for nitey nitey nite tonight yet.

thank you for all of your blessings. patti

TeriM
January 10th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Patti, I am so sorry for your loss. This is one of my favorite poems that I have found comfort in for family lost after a tough battle. I hope you remember to take care of yourself and always know that there are many people who care for you :grouphug::grouphug:.

God looked around his garden
And He found an empty place.
And then He looked down upon the earth,
And saw your tired face.

He put His arms around you,
And lifted you to rest.
God's garden must be beautiful,
He always takes the best.

He knew that you were suffering,
He knew you were in pain,
He knew that you would never
Get well on earth again.

He saw the road was getting rough,
And the hills were hard to climb,
So He closed your weary eyelids,
And whispered"Peace be thine."

It broke our hearts to lose you .
But you didn't go alone,
For part of us went with you,
The day God called you home.

Anon

breeze
January 10th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Patti, we will all be thinking of you tomorrow.. we will all be by your side to give you strength.. via internet, the hugs and good wishes are right there with you tomorrow :grouphug::goodvibes::grouphug::goodvibes:

Frenchy
January 10th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Hope you're doing ok today Patti. :grouphug: Don't forget to eat, even if you don't feel like it , it's important for you right now. :o

pbpatti
January 11th, 2008, 12:33 AM
:candle: for all of those we have cared for, he met them at the bridge. DITTO, patti

shredy
January 11th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Patti, I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I always felt great warmth and compassion in your posts and I just want you to know that my heart goes out to you. Give yourself time and take things really slow. Lean on the people around you, including us. :grouphug:

Bearsmom
January 12th, 2008, 07:11 AM
I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. There are a great bunch of folks on here who are tremendous sources of support during trying times. My thoughts are with you.

rainbow
January 13th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Patti, I've been thinking of you for the last couple of days :grouphug: .....I hope you are okay. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

pbpatti
January 13th, 2008, 11:28 PM
help?????? i have posted 3 times already nice long ones for you and they all went bye bye. i am going to the off forum see if i can post somethign there that mmay stay...patti

rainbow
January 14th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Were you trying to post in the TJT? :confused: Are you by yourself or do you have family with you? How is Sasha? I hope you both are doing okay. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

breeze
January 14th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Hi Patti, how are you today???

:grouphug::goodvibes:

pbpatti
January 14th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Hi, all. well I will try this again and if I get booted well don't blame me for what happens next LOL,

the sevice on friday was beautiful, one of my brothers spoke an said some bible verses, then a freind of Hugh's of 42 yrs. what a wonderful speaker, he told some stories that I had not heard before, made all of us laugh. I told some of my friends and family that we will try to have some laughter at this "party" then I spoke not a long speech but tried to include all of the people in our lives. we have friends inviloved withe the legions in edmonton, friends we know from the lake we go to in the summer,people that Hugh used to work with at AGT and Telus, he would for them for 32 years, my coworkers and not to forget the most important my family. Hugh enjoyed his scotch so I always told him that if he went before me I would give everyone at the service a shot of scotch or for those non-drinkers applejuice. everyone stood as i gave the toast, shows great respect in my books, ther must have been about 100 peple there as we went through 2 x 40 ouncers of scotch and 2 litres/quarts of applejuice. after leaving the legion where we had the service i headed home with my big brother and his wife whom i asked to be my babysitters just in case??? they went home and came back at 7:30 along with 2 nephews and 1 neice and gf's and bf's. we had a bit of a party until midnight when i needed to crash. it was a happy/sad occasion and all of the people there said that this was one of the better services they have attended so now we are 3 days after and i am keeping myself very busy..yesterday i took sasha and her neighbor and pal millie and her mom out to "the lake" we had fun the dogs ran around and we cooked weenies over the fire, had some nature time it always brings me up and relaxes me. well this is pretty long Thank all of you for being here...Patti (happy smilie) still can't get my smilies back will have to talk to marko...

pbpatti
January 14th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Sasha is coming along, she was so depressed but I think that yesterday at the lake was so good for her as right now she is bothering me again to play with her toy we did for about 10 min, the girrafe is now legless headless and no more body. As it should be! My dad was at the house on wednesdau and she would not leave him alone, she needed some male attention, agin on thursday my brother was over and he is a big dog lover and children lover (he's 56) and played with her in the house for awhile. rainbow you also asked if i am alone? yes I am this is how I want it, i live in a tiny home and don't want to have to try to entertain anyone, even if they are family..mom & dad have been in contact with with everyday and I have visited and been visited lots so so far not felling the lonlyness which I know will come. Im going to take a trip through the tjt and see what's happening there...again thanks patti

Frenchy
January 14th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Hi Patti , it seem to have been a beautiful service , what a nice way to celebrate his life :thumbs up and I'm glad you have family near. :grouphug:

rainbow
January 14th, 2008, 06:59 PM
The service sounded great.....they are always better when a little humour is added as it makes everyone more relaxed and comfortable. Glad to hear you have lots of family & friends to be with you when needed. :grouphug:

joeysmama
January 15th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Patti, I am so sorry for your loss. I pray that God gives you comfort and support and loving friends and family to carry you through.

I've not been around so I only just saw this today. I love your description of the service. I think it says a lot about your husband and the kind of life he lived.

hazelrunpack
January 15th, 2008, 12:13 PM
What a great way to celebrate Hugh's life! :grouphug:

cpietra16
January 15th, 2008, 03:00 PM
My condolences to you and your family.

snoopymjm
January 19th, 2008, 12:58 AM
I would like to offer our suport to pbpatti..
She just lost her husband this morning. and wanted her to know that we are here for her if she ever need a shoulder to lean on..

my condolences to you patti :grouphug: :grouphug::grouphug:
hoping this will get you through the rough times[/QUOTE]

Oh, Patti. I am so, so sorry. I don't know you well, but I know this is not easy for you. My condolences and prayers for strength and courage for you during your greiving. :pray:

chrystal
January 20th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Oh, Patti, I had no idea! :o My heart goes out to you and your family, sounds like you had a wonderful service for your husband.

I feel like a schmuck rambling on about Harley, when I had no clue as to what you have been going through!

As with the others, I am also here if you just need an ear to bend.

My heartfelt condolences, and sincere sympathies to you :grouphug::candle:

Who knows, maybe Hugh will meet up with my Harley meow... tee hee, sounds like he was a wonderful man.

Harley hugs & kitty kisses to you!

Chrystal

:rip: Harley :angel2:, I love you! xoxox

pbpatti
January 21st, 2008, 10:15 PM
i am feeling pretty sad tonite so needed to read all of your good wishes. this will be the second week at 1:30 am that Hugh passed away, tonite is really hard for me, it seems that all of this is finally taking it's toll on me, I went back to work today. they say that life goes on, well let me tell you it is not that easy. Hugh and I had to euthanize two of our pets and we both cried for days..today is the first time that I have let it loose. I have been thinking how can we/I cry so hard for our pets and I have not done so for Hugh? I guess it just takes a little longer to allow those to surface when a husband dies as our bodies need to gather strength? it will take time to mend of this I am sure. Patti:pray::angel2:

hazelrunpack
January 21st, 2008, 10:50 PM

Eventually it all just catches up with you... I think partly it's that thing about how "life goes on"... For a while after the death of a loved one Life seems so cold because it does just go on...and we want so badly for it to have slowed down a bit so we could have had more time...or to stop for just a moment and appreciate the enormity of what just happened. A soul passed! It's such an enormous thing, but Life...just...goes...on...

It's when you get back into a routine (back to work, for instance), that it hits you.

Now is the time for grief. It'll get better, patti. :grouphug: Grief is healing. We're here if you need to talk...

snoopymjm
January 21st, 2008, 10:56 PM
Patti, I do not know about the circumstances of your husband's passing. ... That is whether or not he was ill for a long time ( terminal or chronic) or unexpected. If so, perhaps you were doing your greiving along the way. I don't know.

I can tell you this. Recently, when my daughter was hurt (Nov), we were very frightend for her. She came through very well. However, those 48 hours were so stessful. I did not allow myself to breakdown until it was over. But, you have to allow yourself to do it. It's okay. But when I did, I found that all these other residual emotions came through...such as those that I buried when we lost our Pumpkin in May.

I am :pray:ing for you, Patti. And I am sorry you are having to go through this. :sad:

pbpatti
January 21st, 2008, 11:08 PM
This just has to be one of the most difficult times of my life, I know I need to grieve, need to feel these feelings that I have been able to hold back, :cry:I guess this is where it all begins, here tonite at this time, to start to accept these feelings and let my heart allow to begin to heal. thanks Hazel patti

hazelrunpack
January 22nd, 2008, 12:00 AM
:grouphug: Just have faith that it will get better, patti... Lots of hugs for you and Sasha :grouphug:

chico2
January 22nd, 2008, 07:31 AM
Patti,I wrote a lenghty post,but decided to not post it,how do you comfort someone who's lost a lifelong partner??
I just cannot find the right words..
I would imagine life as you know it,would come to a standstill that day:sad:
However life does go on,as painful as it can be, there is no timelimit on grieving a loved one and don't let anyone tell you different..

Frenchy
January 22nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
However life does go on,as painful as it can be, there is no timelimit on grieving a loved one and don't let anyone tell you different..

Exactly !

I wish I could give you a big hug Patti. Please , don't let anyone tell you how / when / where to grieve. :grouphug:

Winston
January 22nd, 2008, 12:18 PM
Patti...I have been thinking about you for a couple of days ! I just wanted to say that I lost my Dad about 8 yrs ago now..I was "daddy's little girl" and I never thought I would get over it..it took some time and things are better today...I have my emotional moments but the hardest part is when something happens or you have a memory! those are tough times..I think of him everyday! I didnt have a chance to grieve in the beginning because I was too busy making plans, dealing with family and friends but when things settled down it hit me hard! but one step at a time and you will begin to move forward!

Psalm 23 helped me out during those tough moments ! My thoughts are with you...and dont forget we are all here for you!

Cindy

hazelrunpack
January 22nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
How are you doing today, patti? :grouphug: Give Sasha some pats and a hug from ol' hazel.

pbpatti
January 22nd, 2008, 09:23 PM
Thank all of you so much for your thoughts, prayers and what you have posted to help me get through this tough time in my life,:angel2: last night was really tough, my day was not alot better, I have wonderful cyber people here, I have wonderful friends, I have wonderful Family..I need to repeat that I MADE ANOTHER DAY. thanks for all the hughs,prayers, and past experiences that I can learn from.:angel:kisses back to all of you. pbp

14+kitties
January 22nd, 2008, 09:54 PM
Patti, I wish I had the words to help you mourn. I don't. We all deal with losses in different ways. You will know when the right time comes for you to let go. :grouphug:

rainbow
January 22nd, 2008, 10:59 PM
Patti, sometimes there are no words but only shoulders to lean on and hugs to comfort you as best as they can. :grouphug: Take the time to grieve but a part of Hugh will always be in your heart. :angel2: :candle:

Hugs to you and Sasha. :grouphug: :grouphug:

chrystal
January 23rd, 2008, 01:35 PM
Hey, Patti, thinking about you today. Hope your day is going a tiny bit better than yesterday, and tomorrow a bit better than today...

Just sending you :pray:ers, and :grouphug:, and a note to say you are thought about every day by all of us!

Chrystal

Winston
February 2nd, 2008, 10:46 AM
Hey Patti! Just thinking about you today...Winston sends kisses to his fellow chocolate Sasha!

Cindy

hazelrunpack
February 2nd, 2008, 02:13 PM
I hope the past few days have gone well for you and your family, patti! :grouphug:

Hurry back--you're missed!

pbpatti
February 3rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
My sister and I made it home! We got into Edmonton about 7:30 pm. I have to tell you that when we say that Alberta is a dry cold I really understand that now. In Oliver, BC it was about -5 or -8 and it felt alot colder then the -20 here.

The service that we held in Oliver with Dad's wife and RV family went very well, it doesn't matter where you are or whom you are with when something tragic happens, the human race seems to come together for protection of each other and to hold onto to each other for comfort. What a great feeling this is to know that it does not matter who, where, what, when or why we gather but we gather for each other.

I now have both my Husbands ashes and my Dad's ashes in my home and you know what? it is not as scary as I thought it might be. My Dad has always requested that his ashes be scattered off of the coast between Vancouver and victoria where he grew up and loved very much and I will honor his wish as I had agreed to do this for him for many years now.

I thought of all of you while I was away and felt all the hugs, prayers and well wishes from all of you.

Thank you again for this. Patti

14+kitties
February 3rd, 2008, 11:36 AM
Patti - Sorry I haven't posted on here lately. My wireless does not like stormy weather so internet is down more than up for a while.
I am so sorry for the lose of your father. What a tough thing to be going through so close on the heels of your dear husband. Please know you are in my prayers.

mona_b
February 3rd, 2008, 02:00 PM
Ohhhh pbpatti,I am SOOOOOOOO very sorry to hear of your fathers passing.This is alot for you to take in.:cry::grouphug:

You know the saying,time heals all wounds.:)...You will have good days and bad days.

I am still trying to get over my BIL's death 10 months ago.I have been in crying fits all day today.His daughter-in-law is in the hospital about to give birth to her son,his first born Grandson.And he's not here when he should be.:sad:....I miss him soooooo much.....:cry:

I can't be there,but my daughter is there to see her new baby cousin(Dylon)when he comes...:D

My sister is trying to be strong for her kids,and the kids are trying to be strong for their Mom.My sister has had her moments.But we are all there for each other.:)

Frenchy
February 3rd, 2008, 02:09 PM
I'm glad you're back Patti. And I'm happy to hear about your family support. :grouphug:

rainbow
February 3rd, 2008, 02:15 PM
Patti, glad to hear the service :grouphug: :candle: went well and that you have now made it home safely. :grouphug: :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
February 3rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
Welcome back, patti! :grouphug: I'm glad the trip went well!

You and your family are frequently still in our thoughts and always in our prayers. :candle:

want4rain
February 5th, 2008, 12:58 PM
thinking about you today. *hugs*

-ashley