Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Yard Cleanup

katty5256
January 8th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a yard cleanup business for poop in the Moncton NB area?

SARAH
January 8th, 2008, 09:31 AM
LOL, is there such a thing at all? I need it too!!!

breeze
January 8th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Why would you pay someone to come clean your yard of poop, when all you have to do is put on a pair of boots, gloves and use a pooperscooper and a bag yourself??
then it just takes once or twice a day to pick up when they go??

why spend the money when you can do it yourself????:confused:

clm
January 8th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I wouldn't pay anyone to do that either. We pick up in the yard every day and it's not a chore at all, just part of the daily routine.

Cindy

cpietra16
January 8th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I pick up Winnie's poop as well, but winter is a different story...too cold to go out in the morning with her. By the time i get outside, it's frozen solid.....so I decided to wait for spring or a meltdown...which ever comes first:D

SARAH
January 8th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I know! And the steps down to the garden are frozen into a tobogan and can only be used by clawed dog-feet, not human! So all the winter poop is down there!

But ... nah, I wouldn't have someone else do it. Not for the money, but more for the shame :laughing: of all that poop lying around :yuck:

amatazes
January 8th, 2008, 01:40 PM
it sounds like you guys live in a tundra. i hate nyc but i could never be that far from a city. i would freak out.:eek:

14+kitties
January 8th, 2008, 02:11 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows of a yard cleanup business for poop in the Moncton NB area?

Why would you want anyone in to clean up your animal's waste? Unless you have just moved to someplace and the previous owners left presents for you. :mad: I have had that happen. Good advice from everyone else. Clean once a day and the chore really isn't much of a chore. I do it for 2 dogs and 16 kitties. (They don't use the litterboxes unless weather is bad)

coppperbelle
January 8th, 2008, 07:54 PM
I know there are people who will come and do it but they usually advertise in the spring when it is a necessity.
Picking up poop makes me gag so if I could hire someone to do it, I would.
How about a high school kid in neighborhood?

Winston
January 8th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I know someone in Hamilton but they dont start until the first thaw in the Spring!! eeeeww! I hate that time of year! Actually I did it today cause it was +10 today!! I think I collected 20 pounds!!

Cindy

SARAH
January 8th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I think we'll do a patrol this weekend, one scooping and one holding the bag open (with gloves on, in case the scooper gets a bit too close :yuck: ) unless it freezes again of course.

If I'm lucky, I'll be able to get enough snow off the steps so that we can use the back, outside stairs again! It'll make it easier to keep the poop at a manageable number ...

In the mean time, litterbox-emptying-time :frustrated: :D

clm
January 8th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I don't know why you would wait until spring to clean it up. It's a whole lot easier to do when it's frozen. I wouldn't be happy letting my dogs out in a yard that hadn't had the waste picked up regularily.

Cindy

Love4himies
January 9th, 2008, 07:04 AM
it sounds like you guys live in a tundra. i hate nyc but i could never be that far from a city. i would freak out.:eek:

I live in the country and would never live in the city. The peace and quiet is soooo relaxing. I never slept so good until I moved out of the city.

luckypenny
January 9th, 2008, 09:19 AM
If I weren't here, DH could never pick up after the dogs, especially before we changed their diets. The first time I saw him attempt it, he gagged and got :yuck: right there and then :laughing: .

These sort of yard clean-up companies/people usually advertise with flyers in pet supply stores, vets' offices, and groomers. Maybe you could ask at some of these locations in your area?

14+kitties
January 9th, 2008, 10:44 AM

I live in the country but am only 5 minutes away from town and 15 minutes away from 2 different cities. I will take country living above city living any day. :)

SARAH
January 9th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I live in the country but am only 5 minutes away from town and 15 minutes away from 2 different cities. I will take country living above city living any day. :)

We're 20 minutes' walk from all the shops we need (or close enough), 10-20 minutes from larger shopping possibilities, and 35-45 minutes from the city, but man is it ever peaceful here. I agree, lived in a city (Paris actually) and ... no more!

Reasons for not picking up poop in winter:
1) not able to get down snowed-under/frozen stairs
2) blizzards/ snowfall covering the poop before I get touside to get it
just to mention two :D