Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

We Got SOAKED

Longblades
January 7th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Looked like it would rain so I bundled puppy boy in his crate for the daily excursion we try to make for his 10 minute walk. Too slow, the lightning started as I parked beside the snowmobile trail. That's right, the snowmobile trail, where the +one and a half foot of snow is at least packed down enough for us to walk on. It's +8C so not likely to meet any snowmobilers but certainly did not expect a downpour, thunder and lightning. Of course you don't want puppy to be afraid of rain, lightning and thunder so once it starts you have to keep going and we got drenched. He liked the part where I towelled him off vigorously when we got home but not the rain which he tried to rub off by rolling in the snow. This was his first thunder so hope it makes him unafraid of it, as last puppy girl was.

JanM
January 7th, 2008, 05:30 PM
OMG - snow - thunder/lightning and rain???? Where on earth do you live?

Glad puppy didn't freak out though! My Golden girl is scared of thunder - but thankfully we don't get it very much here..

H.P.
January 7th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Sounds like a wild weather adventure! Glad that puppy boy was so brave! :dog:

Sydney is only afraid of thunder that is on TV

Longblades
January 8th, 2008, 09:34 AM
We are in S. Ontario and I heard on the news/weather that many places observed the same weird weather yesterday. The last time I saw thunder and lightning with snow on the ground was early March of 1996. The sky was an eerie pink and green that time and it really made me think, "Is this the end of the world?" It didn't rain that time though; we had snow instead but it was funny pellets.

amatazes
January 8th, 2008, 11:30 AM
you are braver than i. i would've stayed in the car as if that's what we were there for. lol