Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ovulation in dogs

aparsons
January 4th, 2008, 07:19 PM
My female Shih Tzu started her heat cycle December 26th. What days should I breed her for her to get pregnant?

happycats
January 4th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Why would you want to breed her?
How old is she?

Rottielover
January 4th, 2008, 07:33 PM
:cry: very sad.......Hope you are kidding

Frenchy
January 4th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I'm .... trying ... to ... stay ... out .... of ... this ....one.

Purpledomino
January 4th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Practicing my deep breathing techniques........................................ ........
:shrug:

aparsons
January 4th, 2008, 07:38 PM
she is 3 years old

happycats
January 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM
This is a very pro spay and neuter board.
We are all too aware of all the dogs and cats that are put to sleep every day due to the pet overpopulation problem. (maybe you haven't heard)
Many here are involved in rescue, and it's very disheartening when someone like you comes along asking for breeding advice.

TeriM
January 4th, 2008, 07:44 PM
This forum is very pro spay/neuter and believes that all breeding should only be done by experienced persons who care deeply for improving their breed standards. This is done by ensuring that all certifying of standards, showing etc are done by the breeders.

We will not / can not provide the info you want to you. There are currently untold numbers of unwanted dogs that are already out there looking for homes. Please spay your dog and do not add to the already overwhelming problem.

aparsons
January 4th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Well I must say that I was not awear that this place was so much in favor of spaying animals. I myself am not and have no intention of spaying my dog. I will find out what I need to know without the help of this site.

happycats
January 4th, 2008, 07:52 PM
So I guess pet overpopulation doesn't concern you?

happycats
January 4th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Your worried about dog's ovulation, and the rest of us (true pet lovers) are worried about pet overpopulation:shrug:

Some people just don't get it........or maybe they just don't give it sh@t:mad:

aparsons
January 4th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I would not even gratify your ignorance with a reply.

happycats
January 4th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I would not even gratify your ignorance with a reply.

IGNORANCE!!!!! your the one who wants to breed your dog, and comes here to ask breeding questions, that any reputable breeder would already know !!

and by the way, you did reply.

Do the world a favor and get your dog fixed, and leave the breeding to the pros.

ancientgirl
January 4th, 2008, 08:26 PM
If you really love your pet, you will spay her. Not only are you not adding to the overpopulation, but you are doing your dog a service. Spayed females are less likely to contract ovarian and mammary gland cancer, while neutered dogs are less likely to have testicular cancer.

I think the ignorance you speak of is on your side of the board. I gather you are in it for whatever money you can make off of your poor pet.:sad:

aparsons
January 4th, 2008, 08:29 PM
You got alot of nerve, to sit and judge someone you know nothing about. A reputable breeder has to start somewhere, and let me tell you, when I found this site it did ot say anywhere that it was all about "fixing" animals, as you put it.

Carnac
January 4th, 2008, 08:35 PM
You will find that the vast majority of members of this forum are PRO spay / neuter. To get a feel for the pulse of this forum, I'd invite you to view the following: http://www.pets.ca/forum/announcement.php?f=10&a=12

This thread has run it's course and will now be closed.