Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Last 2 foster kittens leaving today

Love4himies
January 4th, 2008, 06:38 AM
The last of my 7 foster kittens are heading off to Global Pet Foods to be put up for adoption today:cry:. They are currently here with me at the office.

This litter was my first experience and how wonderful it has been. There has been heartache when they got sick, and joy when they took their first steps. It is an experience that I would do again in a heartbeat!

I was lucky that I had a momma kitty that ended up to be a wonderful, experienced momma who made my job so much easier. As you know the momma, Sweet Pea, is staying with us.

4 of the 5 that have been previously been put up for adoption have gone to their forever homes. One was adopted within hours of being placed at the pet store, she was momma's twin, a beautiful silver tabby. It is very hard not to have control over who adopts them, I understand why good breeders have in their contracts that puppies/kitties are to be returned to them if the adopters can't keep the animals. I only hope that their new guardians strictest punishment is belly kisses, and they are never allowed to go outside unless supervised.:cry:

Below is a link to some pictures that I took while they had their short stay with me:

http://picasaweb.google.ca/debghislainroy/SweetPeaAndKittens?authkey=WEE9g7zWrNE

chico2
January 4th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I just saw all the pics in a slideshow,what great memories you'll have with all those pics and of course you still have Sweetpea.
How is she doing?? Missing her babies???
I hope someone adopted 2 kittens together at least:fingerscr
It must be soo hard giving them up,worrying about their future,but you gave them a wonderful start in life and Sweetpea will not ever have to have any more kittens,she is a very lucky girl:cloud9:
:pray::pray:the kittens will have great homes:cat:

Love4himies
January 4th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I don't think Sweet Pea has missed any of her kittens, unlike Uncle Jasper, who adores all the kittens. I think she is almost relieved that they are on their way. She has done her part and now it is time for her to enjoy the rest of her life. At this point we could not leave her in the room with her kittens for the night, she would claw to get out. The kittens would not leave her alone. The smallest, Misty, would still try to nurse :eek: and they are almost 6 months old.

These last two kittens have on their file that they should be adopted together. They are extremely close (like Maks and Kiska).

My house is going to seem so quiet now:sad:.

Frenchy
January 4th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Poor Love4himies :sad: , you'll see, they will have a great life :thumbs up are they going back to you if they don't get adopted today ?

14+kitties
January 4th, 2008, 06:35 PM
What a wonderful job with those sweeties! :grouphug: And poor Uncle Jasper! :sad:
It's funny how cats just don't seem to miss their young once they get to a certain point. I watch one of the momma's playing outside in our driveway and she could care less that her babies are not far away watching. She never ever goes over to the catuary fence to see them.

Love4himies
January 5th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Poor Love4himies :sad: , you'll see, they will have a great life :thumbs up are they going back to you if they don't get adopted today ?

No, they stay at the pet store until they are adopted. Average stay for kittens is about 2 weeks. These two have a stipulation that they are adopted together since they have bonded so closely. I know one would do OK on her own, but the other wouldn't.

Frenchy
January 5th, 2008, 04:49 PM
These two have a stipulation that they are adopted together

:thumbs up will they call you once they get adopted ? (not the cats I mean will the rescue call you ? :p)

clm
January 5th, 2008, 09:17 PM
That's wonderful that they're insisting they be adopted out together. I'm sure mom is happy to be rid of them. Harder on you than her for sure. :grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
January 5th, 2008, 11:17 PM
:goodvibes: for a purrfect furever home for the last 2 together & the others before them

I could never foster :shrug: there's no way I could let them go :o

rainbow
January 5th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Hugs for you :grouphug: and I hope they all find good homes. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

chico2
January 6th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Hopefully the store will insist:fingerscrit's soooo sad when you see a lonely little kitten in a cage by himself...that's how I just HAD TO take Chico,he was the little runt left behind and black.
However L4H,you did a wonderful,wonderful job with these babies and their mom,especially mom,since she gets to stay:cloud9:

Love4himies
January 7th, 2008, 10:36 AM
On Friday, the day I took the kittens in, Sweet Pea looked for her last two kittens in their room and meowed for them. That lasted all of a day, now she is more relaxed and ready to start her life of leisure as a spayed, indoor, never hungry or cold, pampered kitty.

Her and Jasper are playing much more now and Sweet Pea seems to finally be able to get herself into a deep sleep (for weeks after I got her I never saw her sleep:eek:).

I will be checking on the kittens at Global Pet Foods today after work.

Yes it is much harder on me, than Sweet Pea.

chico2
January 7th, 2008, 03:34 PM
You are going to torture yourself seein them there,but I probably would do the same,I would camp out at the store,make sure whoever gets them are good people:laughing:
Does the store have a spay/neuter clause in their sales-contract???

phoozles
January 7th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Those pictures were adorable - watching them grow up :lovestruck:
It must be hard to have spent so much time with them as little ones and then give them away, but you did a great thing! :thumbs up
You're much stronger than me! :D

Love4himies
January 7th, 2008, 04:51 PM
You are going to torture yourself seein them there,but I probably would do the same,I would camp out at the store,make sure whoever gets them are good people:laughing:
Does the store have a spay/neuter clause in their sales-contract???

The Gananoque HS spays/neuters, all shots, microchips and tatoos all their animals before they are adopted out. All for only $125:thumbs up. All my foster kittens have been altered.

I visited them today, the smallest and shyest girl let out a meow like a scream when she heard me. I picked her up and cried my heart out. She just laid so quietly in my arms as I hugged her, I wanted to bring her home so bad.:sad:

badger
January 7th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Oh, hard to see them there but hard to stay away, what an ordeal. But I'm sure it will end well, love4himies, it's just this between-phase that is agonizing. St. Francis himself could come through the door and he probably wouldn't be good enough :laughing:.

chico2
January 8th, 2008, 07:27 AM
L4H,I must have missed the spay/neuter info somewhere(more likely forgotten):frustrated:I am glad it's been done.
OMG,it must be so difficult,you have me in tears,hopefully they'll be adopted out soon to ease your mind:fingerscr
Badger,you're right,we all think nobody can care for and love the kitties the way we do,well maybe St Francis..

Love4himies
January 8th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Yes, that is the way I feel, that who could possibly love this kittens more than I, but there are many kitty lovin folk out there.

Love4himies
January 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM
They have been adopted together:thumbs up! Don't have too much details yet, but I think they have 3 boys, not too young and love the girls. I am so glad, they need to be together, they are so close.

Frenchy
January 12th, 2008, 06:18 PM
:highfive: woohoo ! That's good news , I'm sure you feel a lot better ! :grouphug:

14+kitties
January 12th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Great news!! :thumbs up :D

hazelrunpack
January 12th, 2008, 09:08 PM
They have been adopted together:thumbs up! Don't have too much details yet, but I think they have 3 boys, not too young and love the girls. I am so glad, they need to be together, they are so close.

:grouphug: What wonderful news! :D

rainbow
January 13th, 2008, 12:13 AM
WOO HOO :thumbs up I'm so glad they got adopted together. :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
January 13th, 2008, 04:32 AM
excellent :highfive:

chico2
January 13th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Aww that's wonderful,just what we hoped for:thumbs up

Love4himies
January 13th, 2008, 08:13 AM
:highfive: woohoo ! That's good news , I'm sure you feel a lot better ! :grouphug:

You bet I do, they will always have each other.

Thank you everybody for your thoughts.

Just have to get Sweet Pea and Puddles to tolerate each other and I think I may foster again!