Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A couple of Chico-pics..

chico2
January 3rd, 2008, 07:28 AM
Here's Chico warming up in the sun,not realizing it's -15C outside:cat:notice the doorframe?aka catscratcher?
Yes,I have plants everywhere,no,the cats don't eat them:laughing:

clm
January 3rd, 2008, 07:34 AM
He looks mighty happy catching some sun. I bet they're not going to want to go outside today, at least not unless it warms up a whole lot more than now.
Love the doorframe, that's the woodworm look like they have in the UK. :laughing:
I have to take a pic of the pedestal from the kitchen table and the chair legs....they have that same look, only with teeth marks. :laughing:

SARAH
January 3rd, 2008, 08:04 AM
Not allowed to destroy house of masters!! They live with us, not us with them! OK, in theory :wall: :D you should see the gym door ... Misti tried to make a cat-door in it!

Cute pics! Misti tried to follow the dogs outside, but one wiff of the cold air and she backed away into her corner again. The dogs stayed outside for all of 1 minutes, time to pee and inside!!

-17.3C ... it's warming up!

chico2
January 3rd, 2008, 08:25 AM
A few I just took,Vinnie is getting out from the bottom floor:thumbs up
Rocky checking if it's summer yet,see how skinny he is:sad:
I was going out to fill up the birdbath(with a heater)and Vinnie,Chico thought it was an intersting green thing:laughing:

ancientgirl
January 3rd, 2008, 08:29 AM
Chico is so beautiful. I love the ones with him and Vinnie. You've got some handsome big boys.:lovestruck:

Lukka'sma
January 3rd, 2008, 09:19 AM
Rocky checking to see if it's summer yet:laughing::laughing:, cute. That watering can must be misleading them into thinking spring has sprung:D
Chico did your Robin migrate this year or have you seen it again in your yard?

Chris21711
January 3rd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Chico, how does the heated birdbath thingy work. I want one. Hubby sees it as extra work for him and is trying to veto it.
I have a $750 armchair for a scratching post, nobody sits in it because it is not placed in a good spot to watch T.V. consequently Kale chooses to use it for his pleasures. (Again one day when I figure how to downsize photos, I will post some).:yell:

krdahmer
January 3rd, 2008, 10:30 AM
Hey that looks like my brother's front door... that he just repaired and lost again as a cat scratcher!! :rolleyes:

The boys look great, and Rocky looks good... he's slim, but still lookin good!

I can't believe they don't bother with all those plants... EVERYTHING I bring in is edible to mine! And I love the watering can inspectors.... everything must be sniff tested before use you know!;)

Frenchy
January 3rd, 2008, 12:01 PM
omg those plants would all be :rip: with Paddington around :laughing:

Chico is way comfier behind doors today , brrrr.

JanM
January 3rd, 2008, 12:12 PM
Chico is one handsome boy! Mind you, I seem to partial to black cats... Vinnie is a beauty too - but then, I seem to partial to white cats too :D

brrr - -15... ouch :wall: It is 7 degrees here right now :D

chico2
January 3rd, 2008, 12:17 PM
I have about 25 houseplants,the cats were never interested strangely enough:confused:

Chris,I bought the bird-bath heater a few yrs back,from Rens Petdepot here in Oakville,they are hard to find,but keeps the water from freezing all winter.
I have all the birds in Oakville coming here for a drink:laughing:
It's a small contraption that fits at the bottom of the bath and of course is plugged in.
You might even be able to order it from Rens and they would ship it.
It's quiet expensive,I believe I paid $52 in those days.
Here's their web-site..www.renspets.com
My beasties say thank's for all the compliments:cat::cat::cat:
Oh yes,the Robin is still around,don't know if it's the same one,but he eats apples,raisins and stuff.

Lukka'sma
January 3rd, 2008, 12:28 PM
Oh yes,the Robin is still around,don't know if it's the same one,but he eats apples,raisins and stuff.

I know you are going to provide it with every comfort you possibly can until spring does come (even if that means just being able to giving it some fresh fruit):)
The amount of love you show for it will warm it on a cold night

Chris21711
January 3rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks Chico, I'm gonna get me one, it will be something else to add to the Honey-Do list, that never gets done.

14+kitties
January 3rd, 2008, 01:32 PM
Oh Chico2...... love those kitties. You listened to my request for more pics :D I never tire of looking at pics, never!
And a big :grouphug: for Rocky from mine.

SARAH
January 3rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
(Again one day when I figure how to downsize photos, I will post some).:yell:

If I can do it, frankly, anyone can! start by downloading something called photobucket and it gets pretty simple.

Heated birdbath? Can't you just pour some vodka in the water to keep it from freezing ? :laughing: :laughing: kidding!!:laughing:

chico2
January 3rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
Vodka eh....hmmmm interesting:laughing:
Lukkas mom,I'll do my best to make sure the Robin survives,I love Robins,love all birds,but especially Robins.
Here are a couple of pics of my troubled,wonderful soul-mate Rocky.
Sorry the pic is blurry,but I bought those cheap sandals for me in the summer,they were Rockys from day one,I never wore them:laughing:
There is something special about Tabbies,I am not sure what it is...

phoozles
January 3rd, 2008, 03:55 PM
I'm late to this party, but I wanted to add that I love the first shots of Chico - he looks like a jungle cat extrordinaire! :lovestruck:

And I'm jealous of your plant filled house - I can't even have fake flowers without having them covered in kitty teeth marks! :sad:

14+kitties
January 3rd, 2008, 03:59 PM
You're right Chico2, there's something about tabbies....:cloud9:

chico2
January 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Phoozles,It could be that we take our cats outside every day(never on their own)and they get their share of grass,even now,there is grass out there for them.
I love plants in the house and they honestly were never interested in them,the only plant they ever touched was a Spider-Plant,it was gone pretty quick:laughing:

phoozles
January 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
That makes sense - the plant exposure would probably desensitize them - otherwise you've got some special little guys at your house! :cool:

And what do you mean you have grass out there for them? No snow?

CyberKitten
January 3rd, 2008, 07:03 PM
Ahhhhhh, they are all so adorable as usual!! They are so great in front of the camera !! Speaking iof grass, anyone try the Chia grass for cats- sorry if I change the topic but I was thinking you meant cat grass or the Chia grass (which is really just a brand name) or another kind of grass <So ducking!!>

ancientgirl
January 3rd, 2008, 07:12 PM
You mean like those Chia pets? Hmm...are those safe for them? I've been thinking of getting some cat grass for mine, but I'm so bad with plants, I'd probably kill it. But the Chia stuff looks more hearty, like I can't kill it too easily.

14+kitties
January 3rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
:offtopic::sorry: Anchient - it's kinda hard to kill cat grass. It usually comes in a kit that you water once and leave alone till it grows. Pretty easy. You would just have to hide it from your crew till it got tall enough for them.

TeriM
January 4th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Great pictures of your crew :cloud9:, I especially love the first ones of Chico in the sunshine :lovestruck:.

rainbow
January 4th, 2008, 01:37 AM
I like the Vinnie in the sunshine ones too :cloud9: and Rocky checking to see if it's summer yet :laughing: ....too cute. :D

chico2
January 4th, 2008, 06:20 AM
We are only partly snowcovered,lots of grass in the backyard:thumbs up
I think if I had to get kitty-grass I would not buy the Chia pet,first of all it's more expensive than regular cat-grass in a box,non-killable even for the worst brown thumb:laughing:and we don't really know if the Chia-pet is safe:confused: