Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Minnesota

khh
January 2nd, 2008, 08:44 PM
Hi, I am new to the board -- my first posting was today. We have two wonderful dogs. Ginger (a mix -- about 25 pounds) is about 14, she was an abused dog who "rescued" us over 10 years ago. We're dealing with congestive heart failure with her now, which is somewhat managed with meds (ace inhibitor and diuretic), but it's sad to see her slow down and forgo walks and other fun stuff and struggle to eat on a regular schedule. Our other dog is Scooter -- a 7 year old long-haired doxie. He's supposed to be a mini, but he's 17 pounds (but not much overweight -- really!!) ... and has absolutely no problem eating on a regular schedule! He's so totally bonded with Ginger that he has to go along to the vet when Ginger goes -- he has never been left alone. I'm sure I'll need advice later on how to help Scooter through the grieving process when Ginger goes. From what I've read on this board it seems to be a very supportive group. Looking forward to talking with some of you, Kathy

hazelrunpack
January 2nd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Hi, Kathy! Welcome to the board.

We all love pictures here, so if you have any to share of your Ginger and her pal, Scooter, we'd love to properly ooooo and ahhhhh over them! :D Scooter sounds like such a devoted friend to Ginger. :dog:

Frenchy
January 2nd, 2008, 08:55 PM
Welcome to pets.ca Kathy

khh
January 2nd, 2008, 09:13 PM
I've posted a small picture, but see that I can not post attachments yet. This pic is almost a year old, Ginger has aged a lot since then. The hard part of having pets!

StumpsMom
January 2nd, 2008, 11:36 PM
Hi Kathy! Welcome :D